Guybrush and Elaine are NOT married! [they are]

EDIT: Disregard this thread, I am retarded.

Look closely at the trailer. Guybrush has an engagement ring on his left ring finger, but no wedding ring. You don't see Elaine close enough in anything I can find to pick out her hands, but it looks like they're engaged - not married. I forget, did they ever properly marry?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    So what was the 3 month honeymoon, an elaborate hoax?
    And when Ftr Rasputin says LeChuck is prophesied to marry Elaine and Guybrush says something along the lines of "you're a little late"
  • edited June 2009
    not to mention all the Mr Marley jokes
  • edited June 2009
    Look closely at the trailer.
    "Would you mind releasing my wife? She get's a little cranky when she's tied up for an hour or so."

Okay it could be a dream of Guybrush's like the bones dream.
  • edited June 2009
    Look closely at the trailer. Guybrush has an engagement ring on his left ring finger, but no wedding ring. You don't see Elaine close enough in anything I can find to pick out her hands, but it looks like they're engaged - not married. I forget, did they ever properly marry?

Also, where I come from men don't wear engagement rings :/
  • edited June 2009
    See the edit to my original post.
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!11one
  • edited June 2009
    I have a feeling you and I will get a long .
  • edited June 2009
    See the edit to my original post.

I think you should bold your comment so people don't miss it.
  • edited June 2009
    The announcement of ToMI has attracted some strange people...
  • edited June 2009
    Men don't wear engagement rings.... It's something to do with a dowry, I can't remember the exacts but yeah.. it's a chick thing.
  • edited June 2009
    And when Ftr Rasputin says LeChuck is prophesied to marry Elaine and Guybrush says something along the lines of "you're a little late"

Not only that, but he shows his wedding ring while saying it. He holds up his ringfinger while saying something like: "See the Ring on this finger? You're a little late pal."

I seem to remember reading that they were planning on giving Guybrush a ring, but it wasn't done due to graphical restrictions.
  • edited June 2009
    Teeth wrote: »
    The announcement of ToMI has attracted some strange people...

True :)
  • edited June 2009
    I know , some of these people are real characters. I think it adds to the franchise to finally see all the different types of fans joined together. I love everyone here ! LA LA LA LAAA I love you .....Yeah...
  • edited June 2009
    They are engaged during whole Monley Island 3 but if you play the whole game to the end you get proof that they are married, as they marry and u see the wedding in the end.
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush speaks of just returning from a honeymoon at the beginning of EMI. Guybrush calls Elaine his wife in TMI trailer. Case closed.
  • edited June 2009
    That's the end of that chapter. *swishes scarf*
  • edited June 2009
    I think that Guybrush didnt marry her because usually they dont show the ending of a game in the trailer.
    Hes was fighting LeChuck! That sounds like a ending to me!
  • edited June 2009
    Lovestar wrote: »
    They are engaged during whole Monley Island 3 but if you play the whole game to the end you get proof that they are married, as they marry and u see the wedding in the end.

There isn't a wedding shown in Monkey Island three.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »

There is a "just married" banner on the back of their ship, though, and guybrush is in a suit and Elaine's in a bridal gown. Sooo...
  • edited June 2009
    Very end, Guybrush and Elaine sail away in their ship with the banner "JUST MARRIED" on the back. She is in a wedding dress aswell, if i remember correctly.

Curse you Jake and your slighty faster submitting skills than I :mad:
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    Very end, Guybrush and Elaine sail away in their ship with the banner "JUST MARRIED" on the back. She is in a wedding dress aswell, if i remember correctly.

I guess that there is a wedding after all that I seemed to have forgotten about . Everyone waves goodbye to the boat as it takes off . I was trying to remember a ceremony that was never shown in any of the games , my bad you are right .
  • edited June 2009

CMI-marriage.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Their are two wedded people but there is not a wedding such as watching "do you take Guybrush to be your ...." . I mean if you want to go over board and say that seeing a car drive the road with cans on the back and just married is the same thing as seeing a wedding then that's fine, but I am not the type to say that.
  • edited June 2009
    You know, a wedding is more than just the ceremony. What we're seeing at the end of CMI is the end of the wedding, not " a car drive[ing down] the road with cans on the back and just married".
  • edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »
    You know, a wedding is more than just the ceremony. What we're seeing at the end of CMI is the end of the wedding, not " a car drive[ing down] the road with cans on the back and just married".

I have nothing better to do than to reply to you too. I never considered that part watching a wedding I considered it more like missing one that happened moments sooner , all we see is just married on a boat which is similar to my examples. I rather not fight over this though as comical as it is it is also childish .
  • edited June 2009
    Sorry, but after your thread history, you're not in a position to define childish and comical discussions.
  • edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »
    Sorry, but after your thread history, you're not in a position to define childish and comical discussions.

I already did and this sounds like another childish argument coming on right now .
  • edited June 2009
    This thread has become just a tad ridiculous.

And Bagge is quite right in re: the thread history point.
  • edited June 2009
    This thread has become just a tad ridiculous.

And Bagge is quite right in re: the thread history point.

No , he is quite wrong to bring that up while the topic was on topic and about the wedding . You are too. Anyways I am not going to spamm this thread with you two so I am done in it.
  • edited June 2009
    No , he is quite wrong to bring that up while the topic was on topic and about the wedding . You are too. Anyways I am not going to spamm this thread with you two so I am done in it.

The thread claimed Guybrush and Elaine weren't married. You, on the other hand, decided to fight a losing corner trying to define whether marriage is "just a ceremony" or not. In fact, the thread was debunked within about five posts. There is no "on-topic" as the fact of the matter has already been established: Guybrush and Elaine are married.
    As both an American and a writer on Monkey Island:

Elaine and Guybrush are married.

And American men do not wear engagement rings. On their fingers.
  • edited June 2009
    Is doodo seriously saying that just because there's a banner there that says "Just Married" that doesn't mean they got married?

If such is the case, stop posting.
  • edited June 2009
    You're doing better atleast you're on topic this time . You know the thread really isn't about me, but what I said was "there is no wedding shown " . I never stated that they were not married. You're really wasting your time .
  • edited June 2009
    Oh ok. But still. Why argue that point? Who cares? Why is this worth your time to discuss? I still think we should stop posting anyway.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh ok. But still. Why argue that point? Who cares? Why is this worth your time to discuss? I still think we should stop posting anyway.

Check a few post back where I tried to end it by calling it childish and comical . I thought it was a nice way of saying that it was a goofy thing to argue. In another post I tried to establish as my opinion that seeing just married is not the same thing as seeing a wedding. Then again check my very first post where I admit I forgot about the wedding to begin with stating it was my bad. I explained myself already in this thread but it seems to have been over looked for the sake of arguing with me.
  • edited June 2009
    I still don't get why you cared so much to even state that.

Anyway, leaving thread...
  • edited June 2009
    Monkey Island 3 was my first and favorite MI game. One of the reasons why I enjoyed it is because it wrapped up nicely at the end. With my limited knowledge (then and now) in the MI series, I thought it would work well if it was a standalone game. Guy and gal wants to get married, something bad happens to the gal, guy rescues and cures gal, then they get married. I thought that was the goal of this game.

And really, would you want to watch the whole wedding? Have you ever been to one? Borrring... I only go for the cake and food. (Oh, and of course, to congratulate the bride and groom with a gift from one of their ridiculously long gift lists. ^^; )
    Check a few post back where I tried to end it by calling it childish and comical . I thought it was a nice way of saying that it was a goofy thing to argue. In another post I tried to establish as my opinion that seeing just married is not the same thing as seeing a wedding. Then again check my very first post where I admit I forgot about the wedding to begin with stating it was my bad. I explained myself already in this thread but it seems to have been over looked for the sake of arguing with me.

I'm seriously going to avoid any topic or post you make. You are confusing to read, not to mention the absurd controversial topics...
  • edited June 2009
    Breakman wrote: »
    I'm seriously going to avoid any topic or post you make. You are confusing to read, not to mention the absurd controversial topics...

You aren't the only one thinking it. I don't mean to mob him in any way but he got a special status even on the private pirate rooms.
  • edited June 2009
    AndyBundy wrote: »
    You aren't the only one thinking it. I don't mean to mob him in any way but he got a special status even on the private pirate rooms.

Didn't think he'd posted on there?
  • edited June 2009
    Breakman wrote: »
    Good for you ....you are taking the first step to being an adult and being a big boy who can make decisions .Just you make sure that you don't tell me about what you're going to do next time because to be Frank I don't care what you do.
  • edited June 2009
    Good for you ....you are taking the first step to being an adult and being a big boy who can make decisions .Just you make sure that you don't tell me about what you're going to do next time because to be Frank I don't care what you do.

No, but it might get through to you that only three people on this forum find you funny, and they're all in your head. Seriously, ever heard of a psychiatrist?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.