Game of Thrones blank screen

i have the game but it won't load for me on steam now, all i get is a black screen and the music (with as chance of freezing sometimes) not sure what's wrong or what i can do to solve it (worked before, if finished the first ep with no problems) rather not have to install anything else unless it's a patch, not my personal pc and the owner doesn't like the idea of installing stuff
kinda miffed considering i bought the season pass as soon as it was available and have been waiting a good while for this, now i can't play and there is a metric TON of spoiler videos in my youtube inbox, it's getting really hard to avoid these since they seem to put all the info in the title >:(

Comments

• I have the same problem :( i was able to download the second episode after i installed the update. i was able to play but then it just stopped. the screen would go black and i couldn't hear any sound. I had to manually restart my pc the unsafe way. it stinks to really be excited about something then it comes out and it doesn't even work....

• Thread: Game of Thrones Black Screen help!

hello. i was able to download the second episode after i installed the update. i was able to play but then it just stopped. the screen would go black and i couldn't hear any sound. I had to manually restart my pc the unsafe way. here is the link to my support data https://www.sendspace.com/file/5o2i9i thank you very much for your help.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, if you were able to hear the game's sound and music, but are seeing a black screen, please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Alt+Enter for PC, Command+F for Mac) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and/or graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

If you are seeing a black screen, and are not hearing any sound, below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game’s icon, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

If this does not resolve your issue, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

This discussion has been closed.