[W&G] Muzzled - Disappearing Items

edited June 2009 in Game Support
I'm kind of stuck inside the ride, and it seems a couple of my items have gone missing. For one, when I got Digger's attention with the spanner/wrench. If I take it to him, then give it back, Gromit will shake his head, and then, strangely, the spanner will be absent from my inventory. A similar thing happened with the red balloon I grabbed from the town square earlier, and I might have used it on the open grate at the top of the inflatable head, but it's gone missing from my inventory--and I was planning on using it, too.

Edit: The balloon disappears when you advance to the inside of the Muzzler. It might be automatic, but it does make me wonder if it has any use.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    same.. my balloon and spanner have disappeared from my inventory. Hopefully I don't need to use the spanner any more.
  • edited June 2009
    If you have already used the spanner to
    open the vent
    , you don't need it anymore, you can continue with the game.

If you haven't used the spanner yet and it disappeared from your inventory, you can try to quit and then continue the game - the Digger/spanner puzzle should reset and you can recover it again.

Annoying bug...
  • edited June 2009
    xbskid wrote: »
    For one, when I got Digger's attention with the spanner/wrench. If I take it to him, then give it back, Gromit will shake his head, and then, strangely, the spanner will be absent from my inventory.
    I experienced something similar when I played the game: The spanner suddenly was gone, though I had not used it
    to open the vent
    yet, but I could not retrieve it again, so I was stuck inside the "Muzzler". I then loaded a saved bookmark (I always save a bookmark at the beginning of each act, as the auto-save does not help you if there is a bug) and this time I used the spanner
    to open the vent
    first, so everything worked as expected.
    However, after I had finished the game I went back to the 3rd act and tried to reproduce the bug to post it here; but I could not. - What I found is that if the spanner is gone, I could
    place another fortune cookie in front of the hole
    and the dog would fetch me the spanner again. (I am not sure if this always works, but maybe you can try.)
  • edited June 2009
    What I found is that if the spanner is gone, I could
    place another fortune cookie in front of the hole
    and the dog would fetch me the spanner again. (I am not sure if this always works, but maybe you can try.)
    I've actually tried doing that, however the dog never disappears when I give him back the spanner, and if I
    give him the fortune cookie
    , nothing happens.

In any case, I've gotten out of the Muzzler, and I've come to the conclusion that
    the red balloon has no significant purpose. You can give it to Mr. Paneer after he failed to get a grand prize, but that doesn't seem to gain you anything
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    BAM! Fixed in updated version. Just redownload the game. Unfortunately, I don't *think* it will fix the problem if you have already lost the item, so if it doesn't, we can post a save for you.
  • edited June 2009
    I've actually finished the game already, but thank you!
This discussion has been closed.