It's out

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
Since telltale hasnt announced it yet. I will. sam and max xbla is out.
I won't get it since Im saving for season 2. SO how do you guys like this version?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    It's been on the marketplace for a few hours, but it can't be downloaded yet for some surely complicated technical reason. Going by the description it seems that the trial version offers the whole first episode, so I'm eager to try it out and see the resolution improvements :D
  • edited June 2009
    It's been on the marketplace for a few hours, but it can't be downloaded yet for some surely complicated technical reason. Going by the description it seems that the trial version offers the whole first episode, so I'm eager to try it out and see the resolution improvements :D

Wait, the first episode is in the trial, why didnt they make it the 4th episode, after all, the pc version already has that episode free.

EDIT: I was just on the dashboard looking at the new theme and gamerpics, when I noticed something. The gamerpics are 160 points, bu the description said it's 100 points. Which is correct, Ps if its the description, i want 60 points back:mad:
  • edited June 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Wait, the first episode is in the trial, why didnt they make it the 4th episode, after all, the pc version already has that episode free.

EDIT: I was just on the dashboard looking at the new theme and gamerpics, when I noticed something. The gamerpics are 160 points, bu the description said it's 100 points. Which is correct, Ps if its the description, i want 600 points back:mad:
    Don't you mean "60" points?

Anyway, trying to download this right now and it won't let me. Got this error code coming up "80070057". Highly annoying, was looking forward to this all day.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah it's a bit weird. I've been looking forward to this for years... Had the day planned out a bit. I'm still really excited, at some point from when it appeared on the 360 they've added both a theme and gamer pics! I nabbed all of it, but it's really odd to have seen them take all of my points away and I can't download a single bit of anything! I wonder what's up at MS. Maybe the recent update broke things.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Apparently MS knows about it and is working on it. All of the titles that went up today are affected by it.

I'll look into the gamerpics points thing, I don't currently know the answer to that.
  • edited June 2009
    That's a shame, I guessed they were pretty busy. I'll just have to wait!
  • edited June 2009
    Don't you mean "60" points?

he he yeah. fixed.

Also glad to hear about people fixing the gamerpic descrpition.
  • edited June 2009
    Nice to hear you guys are keeping up on these issues! I keep checking every half hour or so... I figure I've waited this long what's a little while longer. I'm just glad it's up there. It's a very exciting day to see Sam and Max on the console!

Oh and thank you guys so much for bringing out a theme and gamer pic pack for the game! My wife was a little disappointed she couldn't pop in a Wallace and Grommit gamer pic or theme, so I was trying not to get my hopes up with this release. It made my morning! I can't wait to use them!
  • edited June 2009
    Has anyone played it yet? how is it? Cant wait to get back to uni(my xbox) and play it!
  • edited June 2009
    It's still not working, so don't get your hopes up.

Meanwhile, can Telltale confirm the length of the trial? Is it the entire first episode? Or just like the first puzzle?
  • edited June 2009
    It's still not working, so don't get your hopes up.

Meanwhile, can Telltale confirm the length of the trial? Is it the entire first episode? Or just like the first puzzle?

first episode.
  • edited June 2009
    How do you know this? Have you actually PLAYED it? Description doesnt say play through whole episode.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm most excited about the Premium theme. I have exactly 240 points; just enough for it!

...now we just need to get the Marketplace back up. I don't think it's just Sam & Max, because I can't register my Ghostbusters costume code either.
  • edited June 2009
    How do you know this? Have you actually PLAYED it? Description doesnt say play through whole episode.

Well, since nobody can download the demo or even the full game it's impossible to know right now, but it could be since the demo link is the only place where it says "buy the full game and play the other 5 episodes". It could mean just a part of the first, though. But offering 2/3 hours of gameplay and knowing that there are 5 more could eliminate part of the shock of seeing a 1600 price point (which is absolutely worth it but your average gamer who knows nothing of the series will think it's just another Watchmen)
  • edited June 2009
    Anything uploaded within the past week has disappeared or become not working.

Also, LittleBuddy sums up my thoughts perfectly,on all matters of Sam and Max.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    The demo is about 3/4s of the first episode. It's definitely more than the original demo for 101 (by a lot), but it isn't the full episode.
  • edited June 2009
    Will wrote: »
    The demo is about 3/4s of the first episode. It's definitely more than the original demo for 101 (by a lot), but it isn't the full episode.

So, why didn't you make episode 4 the demo, after all, it already is free.:)

Also, is the marketplace working yet?
  • edited June 2009
    Here's a blog post from a Xbox higher up:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/06/17/xbox-live-marketplace-issues.aspx

So sit back and relax, guys. It might take a day or two.
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    ...now we just need to get the Marketplace back up. I don't think it's just Sam & Max, because I can't register my Ghostbusters costume code either.

I think it's on Atari's side, not Xbox Live. Some PS3 owners are also having trouble redeeming their costume codes. Meanwhile, I'm loving the game to death. :D
  • edited June 2009
    if the forums in xbox.com is to be trusted. it seems some people are able to download it now but they do say the download is slower than usual
  • edited June 2009
    Just downloaded it, but now I have to go to work! Noooooooooo!
  • edited June 2009
    Note: The trial ends with Sam and Max persuading you to buy.

Maybe the actors were in studio for S3?
  • edited June 2009
    Note: The trial ends with Sam and Max persuading you to buy.

Nope! You'll have to be patient, I'm afraid.
  • edited June 2009
    jayz79 wrote: »
    if the forums in xbox.com is to be trusted. it seems some people are able to download it now but they do say the download is slower than usual

Well, I downloaded the theme and gamerpic, so I guess they are working now.
    P.S Telltale, love the theme. Awesome.
  • edited June 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Telltale, love the theme. Awesome.

The theme is outrageously awesome. :) Definitely worth 240 points.
  • SegSeg
    edited June 2009

I'm glad you didn't notice how familiar Max's lines were!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.