60,000,000 (WORLD WAR 2 INTERACTIVE STORY: CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS OPEN)

O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it. ~Mark Twain, The War Prayer

The Blitzkrieg. The Holocaust. The trenches. The Berlin Bombings. Pearl Harbor. Hiroshima. Stalingrad. The Battle of Midway. Nazi Germany. D-Day.

World War II.

In this bloody struggle of war, morals, and disgust, you will play as a multitude of people across the world during the time of World War 2. Airplane pilots, Jews, civilians, soldiers and even politicians are shown struggling with the horror of this sweeping event that killed over sixty million people. I will attempt to be as historically accurate as I can, but I will still most likely not succeed. However, I will try and make this an extremely realistic depiction of war. This is not for the faint of heart and those who don't wish to see terrifying events.

You can post your characters here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IssYU2OxJEjd8b9oddPnFMnP1HQPB8v4kmoNcz4ZZug/viewform?usp=send_form

PoV (Point of View) Characters are in Bold.

Athens, Greece, 1941: Elijah, Elias, Father, Mother, Anastazie, Carissa, Claeus,

Kasserine Pass, North Africa, 1943:

Characters Waiting to Be Introduced: Aiden Mathews, Adalgiso Tausch, Herman Penz, Adelina Penz, Aline Penz, John Lottmann, George Radkey, Garrett Davis, Angelo Caivano, Forrest Harlow, Marcus D. Levine, Joséphine Lambert, Dietmar Keller, Felix De'Coco Charizarde, Adrian Eberhard, Denzel Edwards

Deceased:

Unknown: Erich Meier, Vladimir Klikiov, Brandon Garrett, Kenshin Ueda, Renzo Guierriero,

EPISODE 1: THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE

Alt text

EPISODE 2: I SAW A PALE HORSE

EPISODE 3: UPON IT A PALE RIDER

EPISODE 4: THE SIXTH COMMANDMENT

EPISODE 5: HIS NAME WAS DEATH

Comments

• My family is from Hungary and many of them were killed in The Holocaust, so im pretty into this ! c:

• Aiden Mathews, reporting for duty sir!

• I tried, but I don't think it worked.

• Hmmm...if the form doesn't work you can just send me your character over a PM.

mr.quality posted: »

I tried, but I don't think it worked.

• Cool! I like this idea.

I think it will be one of my favourite stories made by you after Forumlands I.

• I'll try again later, then if it dosent work I'll PM you.

Hmmm...if the form doesn't work you can just send me your character over a PM.

• edited February 2015

I didn't know which country to have my character be in, as I'm half American, half German, so I made two characters :P

• It worked this time! I'm in!

• When will this start? Just asking

• Once I get finished with Pet Sematary which is soon.

supersagig posted: »

When will this start? Just asking

• What jobs and country you have less people in? (the ones in wa or that wil be at war)

Once I get finished with Pet Sematary which is soon.

• Not too many Russians nor (surprisingly) soldiers that aren't American or German.

What jobs and country you have less people in? (the ones in wa or that wil be at war)

• Do you have italians or japanes?

Not too many Russians nor (surprisingly) soldiers that aren't American or German.

• Nope, none of them.

Do you have italians or japanes?

• I'm really interested by this! I've always to write something about war since it was a concept that interested me, but I'm glad you took the iniciative. I'm really pumped for this! Soldier Forrest Harlow ready for war!

• I think I put in one or two of those.

Nope, none of them.

• Can't wait for this! Have submitted a character!

• Finally managed to submit my characters :)

• Do you need a job or country of origin in special for characters?

• If there is a lack of non American soldiers, I can submit another.

• edited February 2015

and non-german. He said that he didn´t need neither of those

MasterStone posted: »

If there is a lack of non American soldiers, I can submit another.

• edited February 2015

My second character, Felix De'Coco Charizarde, ready for war.

"Le Bastards puniront ceux qui ont violé la France et son peuple ."

• I've just completed a character template. I really hope this works out, honestly, I'll be having a read.

• edited March 2015

Haven't really finished the intro yet, as I've been EXTREMELY busy these last few days. But, I guessed you guys might need something, so I'll just break the intro into multiple parts.

JANUARY 30, 1933

Machtergreifung

Reich Chancellery

Adolf Hitler is Sworn Chancellor of Germany

Alexandra stood in the crowd, as they jumbled and mumbled about, waiting for the windows to open above them, in them the people's new chancellor. Alexandra herself was quite excited, and fumed with joy. She had actually made it to a Reich Chancellery! She had made it to one! She smiled, her bright, white teeth shining through the crowd as she brushed her auburn hair away from her blue eyes. At current, Alexandra was staring intently at the window, in her eternal patience while Adolf Hitler was getting his speech ready. She was still surprised Hindenburg hadn't won this election. Many others were too. After all, he had the people, and he had the charm. But Hitler just somehow took it all over. It was nice to see a new Chancellor after all these years with Hindenburg. He wasn't bad, per say, but it was nice having a new guy on set, right? A fuehrer, a leader, this was Adolf Hitler.

A man beside her yelled something unintelligible in German, as Adolf Hitler opened the windows and waved to the screaming and cheerful crowd. The man was a veteran, which likely had effected his election. As he spoke, he had a slight charm to his voice, perhaps even more than Hindenburg! Alexandra smiled, happy for the new age in Germany. It was sure to be a great one.

March 7, 1936

Remilitarization of the Rhineland

Erich Meier casually walked down the street of a small town in Western Germany, watching a group of soldiers walk by. He himself held a rifle in his hand, a bayonet strapped on to the end, shimmering in the light. He wore a turquoise blue (with a dab of green and gray) uniform, along with a helmet that's flaps trapped his ears. His bald head was trapped under the helm, and it struck fear in anybody. To be fair, anybody who heard the clicking of a German soldier's black boots coming down the sidewalk was likely to fear for their life. He stared straight ahead, keeping rhythm with his own black boot stomping. The glimmering bayonet rose in the air, and Erich hastily had his finger draped around the bottom of the trigger. He didn't expect any fighting to take place from these civilians. Still, he didn't want any civilians to die, nor did he want any of his fellow soldiers or himself to die. He didn't want anyone to die, actually. But, the Treaty of Versailles had been broken, and war was likely to start at some point. The French were unhappy. The British were certainly unhappy. Erich didn't know what to think.

As he walked down the street, the corporal found himself staring at a little girl. He approached her, and crouched down. She seemed deeply troubled, and leaped back whenever she saw Erich walk up. He held out his free hand and smiled reassuringly, as she stepped back, her brown hair waving back and forth. "It is okay, it is okay." The man said in unmistakable German. The girl appeared to understand, and nodded. It was good she was a native-speaker, he thought. "Where are your parents?" Erich asked once again, and the girl shook her head. "They disappeared." She whispered, and Erich looked away for a second, then back at her. As he stared at her, he began to notice some extremely defined features. Light brown skin...her nose seemed slightly larger than most. It was idiotic and stereotypical to think that, Erich immediately thought, but some of them were like that. The Jews. "Are you a Jew?" He asked, and the girl seemed to shudder for a second, before looking back up at Erich.

"Yes."

OCTOBER 15th, 1935

The Italian Invasion of Ethiopia

"Abiye!"

"Abiye!"

"ABIYE!"

Abiye watched as a dark-skinned man with a swollen eye and a spear came rushing towards him, tripping over himself as gunfire hailed down on the landscape. His face was covered in boils, sizzling and tearing the skin at a slow, slow rate. Abiye had no idea what was wrong with him. The man hit the dirt and fell behind the rock that Abiye was currently hiding behind, and grasped hold of a spear (he had previously dropped) desperately, pulling himself up against the small boulder. Bullets chipped away at the rock, sending pebbles and dust flying into Abiye's eyes. He covered his eyes quickly, then uncovered them and looked over to the man who had just taken cover with him. "You, you're Abiye, right? I heard about you back at base. You, you had military training, right?"

Abiye peered down at the small rifle he held in his hand currently cocked and loaded, about to fire a shot at one of the Italians attacking on the other side of this rock. It was a kill or be killed battle, and as much as Abiye didn't like to kill, he knew he had to. For Ethiopia! The Italians had come on down to Ethiopia, and just began to start shooting the whole place up. At least, that's what Abiye had heard so far. He had no idea if this was true or not, but if it was he was ready to fight for his country. To die for it? That was a completely other story.

Abiye's thoughts focused away from the gunfire and back on the man as he spoke once again. "Those Italians...threw some sort of canister at me...yellow smoke started coming out of it. Don't know what it was, I think it was a smoke bomb. I've been a bit itchy after it, but I think I'm fine!" The man had to scream to be heard over the loud pepper of the machine gun whipping through the air and over their heads. Abiye hadn't even noticed the scratching or the sudden pauses in pain, likely due to the current main focus he was trying to make sure of now. "I've been hurting a bit too. My...my face especially."

The man grunted, grabbing at his face and accidentally sinking a finger into a boil. He recoiled in pain, and screamed out in agony. "Oh my God! Oh my God!" He helped and yelped, throwing himself to the ground and grabbing Abiye's ankle. "Help! It hurts!" Abiye tossed his ankle off of the man's hand, and ran off, his breath heavy.

Did he just leave that man to die? Oh God, no he didn't! Why did he do that?!

Abiye stopped in the battlefield and turned around, looking to see the man still screaming behind the rock. Abiye began to rush towards him, staying low to avoid gunfire, but stopped dead in his tracks when he heard an all too familiar sound. KER-THUNK! It echoed through his mind, rebounding off the inner walls of his brain as he computed the sound.

Mortar shot.

Before Abiye could take another step, a cloud of shrapnel and fire ripped his legs off, sending the gun flying from his arms and pushing him to the ground. His stomach suffered a similar blow, instantly caving in, his intestines turning to mush. His left arm was torn to shreds, the right arm rendered useless. His face was ripped in half from the shrapnel blast, as what was left of his bloodied and battered body fell to the ground.

Over with the Italians, a soldier smiled and did a fist punch into the air with delight. "Yeah! That's number four!"

• Excellent start.

Haven't really finished the intro yet, as I've been EXTREMELY busy these last few days. But, I guessed you guys might need something, so I'l

• Great start!

Haven't really finished the intro yet, as I've been EXTREMELY busy these last few days. But, I guessed you guys might need something, so I'l

• Awesome Start!!

• edited April 2015

Here's one of the touchy subject ones. While this could possibly be disturbing, I did my best not to go into graphic detail about it. I mean, I COULD but it'd be...difficult, to say the least.

DECEMBER 21st, 1937

WAR OF RESISTANCE

QINHUAI RIVER

Kimitada Shiroyami stood on the rooftop of a building in Nanking, perched on the ledge of said building. They had taken another quarter of the town, and he was currently taking a much needed break. The Chinese were doing well in this little war, but they were soon to be stopped. Nanking had already been sieged; it was to soon be conquered. Then maybe they'd get this damn war over with already. Kimitada was tired. He just wanted to go home and be with his family. His children. His wife. He missed them dearly. He could still remember the laughs, the jokes he would tell and the games they would play. Kimitada often would scare his children then tickle them until they cried. His youngest son, mostly. His son would laugh, then the eldest boy would jump onto Kimitada's back to save his brother, before his mother came in and scolded them.

They were an untraditional Japanese family, for sure. Kimitada had been to many places in his lifetime, and had looked over the various ways different people treated their kids. None of the other ways had necessarily appealed to him, but the way he had made it did. His children were only 3 and 4. What was to happen to them whenever they were grown?

This was a thought for another time, as a vicious scream echoed through the town. Kimitada flipped around and jumped up, just to see a naked woman running from a store just a block ahead. As she flailed and cried out, a Japanese soldier came hopping out after her, his face red and filled with pleasure and joy. His pants came floating out the window, flying away with the wind. What is he...

Is he?

No...

Kimitada's own co-soldier. Another Japanese, just like him. The man climbed on top of the woman and grabbed hold of her arms, and screams began to pour out from her. Kimitada looked away and covered his eyes, unable to look ever more. He could still hear the screams, the laughter. The terrifying, horrible laughter. His own soldier. Kimitada's belly did a flip, as he rose and listened. After two more minutes the screaming turned into a wail, then a scratch and screech. Then, silence. Kimitada's heart was beating quickly, a soft rhythm that did nothing but make him feel more uneasy. Tears were fluttering down his cheeks already, and he turned around. The first thing he saw was the soldier, a bloodied uniform covering his chest, chasing after his pants. Kimitada looked down to the woman, where a bloody knife lay and her body as well, now having been eviscerated. The soldier had cut her open from the...from the...

Kimitada was filled with rage. He pulled the sword from his side and stormed to the bottom of the floor, rushing to the soldier. The soldier flipped around with his pants in hand, and grinned. Kimitada flung the sword into the soldier's side, slicing a chunk from his leg. The man screamed and flung his pants into the air, and Kimitada threw the sword back at the soldier, ripping into his rib cage and sending a patch of the uniform to the ground.

The man stumbled backwards, and the sword came crashing into his neck. A thick spray of blood came squirting out, and the man fell back on to the ground. Kimitada looked down at the bleeding man, then threw his sword to the ground.

He looked to the woman, eviscerated. Had he done something, had he not cowered. She would still be alive. She would still be alive.

But Kimitada had ruined it. He was a coward. He only thought for himself, hadn't he?

Kimitada picked up the sword before him, and cleaned the blood from it. He walked away from the bodies, as more tears began to befall him. He didn't want this. He didn't want this.

He didn't want to known as a coward either.

Kimitada pressed the blade against his stomach, and began to push. It was harder than he had thought. His body didn't want him to do it. It was literally forcing him not to. And Kimitada didn't want to either. He should stop, he should stop.

He let a woman get raped. He let a woman get raped. And killed.

Kimitada threw the sword to the ground and fell to the floor, crying.

Approximately one month later, Kimitada was shot by a firing squad, believed to be one of the ones that had participated in the Rape of Nanking.

• Awesome chapter!

Here's one of the touchy subject ones. While this could possibly be disturbing, I did my best not to go into graphic detail about it. I mean

• Oh god. RIP People

Aweosme Chapter!!

Here's one of the touchy subject ones. While this could possibly be disturbing, I did my best not to go into graphic detail about it. I mean

• Whoa, I get what you meant when saying that this story wouldn't be for the faint of heart. Of course, the event depicted was horrible, but you managed to write it very well and I enjoyed reading it.

• Yes, I'm so glad you updated! I love your writing style and I'm already really interested in your story. I hope Erich will help the little girl, and keep up the great work!

• Jesus, I wonder how things would've gone if Kimitada had saved the girl. I anxiously await the next part and great work up to this point!

• I unfortunately had the displeasure of seeing pictures of the Rape of Nanking. Yippee! The pictures weren't horribly gruesome, but they were a little unnerving.

Whoa, I get what you meant when saying that this story wouldn't be for the faint of heart. Of course, the event depicted was horrible, but you managed to write it very well and I enjoyed reading it.

• That was amazing, made me feel like I was there.

• APRIL 12th, 1938

AUSTRIA

ONE MONTH AFTER ANSCHLUSS

Boris Waltz watched the three men on the stage before him and a crowd of people bumbled about as they fiddled with one another and laughed. A small little podium sat before them, a microphone poking out from it's top. Boris was getting a little bit antsy, if he was being honest with himself. The three had been dawdling all day long. Deutsches Reich, they called themselves. Just a bunch of fucking Germans who didn't know how to do shit. German Empire his ass.

Boris quietly stood still, as one of the Germans finally stopped jacking off to God knows what, and standing serious. He raised his hand in a little salute to Hitler, and the crowd did the same. Boris also reluctantly rose his hand into the air, high above his head, and then lowered it with the crowd. The German looked down at the mic, tightened his tie, and then spoke. "Here we are, for our plebiscite. You have all already voted this morning, correct? We have finally processed the results of Austria being annexed by Germany. Thank you all." The German shuffled through some papers, the Wermacht watching closely behind, before looking up and grinning. "Our mathematicians have determined that the total voting was in favor of Germany annexing Austria. A percentage of 99.7561 percent of all votes were in favor of Austria being annexed!" The crowd clapped their hands together, and Boris grimaced.

What a crock of horseshit.

APRIL 10th, 1939

Italian Invasion of Albania

"So, why are we here again?" Piero Maestri asked his friend Renzo Guierriero. Renzo huffed out a shaky breath, gripped his rifle tightly, and then looked over at Piero. "God, do I have to tell you every five minutes? Okay, okay. Hitler invades Prague, ends up pissing off Chamberlain and some other high-order dipshits."

Piero seemed puzzled. "Why are they pissed off?"

Renzo sighed again, and shook his head. "Hitler broke the fucking Munich agreement. The high-order dipshits gave him Sudetenland, and told Edvard that he should let Hitler have it. Hitler got Sudetenland, and then promised he wouldn't fuck around with anymore of Europe. So, he goes and fucks around with some of Europe some more."

"I don't see how this explains why we're in Albania."

"I'm getting there. Now, Germany has taken control of Czechslovakia, right? Italy sees this, and realizes that it's starting to become the lesser member of the Pact of Steel. Germany's getting all these hot babes wanting to suck it's dick, but Italy wants to get some dicksucking too, right?. So, they send us to Albania in order to get those hot babes wanting a hunk of the Mussolini. Get it now?"

"I think. But not really."

Renzo sighed, and then looked down at the ground, noticing an Italian soldier with a small hole in his chest, a pool of blood formed around him. "Dumbass. Got killed by the Albanians." Piero stated, shaking his head. Renzo reached down and grabbed one of his arms, and Piero grabbed the other, dragging the soldier's dead body away, a little trail of blood following.

MAY 14th, 1939

The Battle of Khalkhyn Gol

Kenshin Ueda properly vomited over the side of his raft, sending his lunch into the murky waters below. The fucking men on the raft weren't helping with the situation either. Tossing and turning along with the quick swifts of the paddles were leading him to be quite queasy. Kenshin patted his head with a handkerchief, then cleaned his mouth, before another bump sent the rag flying into the water. "Fuck!" Kenshin cried, grabbing at the water below. A soldier bellowed with laughter before grabbing Kenshin's back and pulling him into the raft.

"It's just a handkerchief! You don't need it!" The soldier said, holding back laughter. He nearly stumbled off of the raft, but kept his self up. "You need your rifle, that is all!"

Kenshin looked down at the Type 99 in his hand, feeling the wooden frame. Newest model is what his superiors had said. Damn fine technology. What technology did the Russians have? These guns were better than their guns, right?

Before Kenshin could worry any longer, the raft slammed into the bank of the river, sending him toppling over on to the soldier in front of him. The soldier in the front stumbled out, falling face first into the mud. The soldier in front of Kenshin got up and away from Kenshin, heading for the battlefield. The soldiers unloaded, running up the hill in front of them and towards the fighting. Kenshin jumped on to his belly at the top of the river, watching the soldier he fell into run past him and towards the fighting that Kenshin couldn't see. A few more soldiers parked themselves next to Kenshin, planting on to the ground. The soldier who had talked to Kenshin about his handkerchief stood up on the top of the hill, his eyes widening.

"They have tanks!" He screamed, before bullets ripped his torso in half, turning his intestines into hamburger meat. Kenshin swore under his breath and began crawling up more slowly, now able to see the tanks treading towards the river. "Where are they?!" The soldier beside Kenshin screamed, just as the sound of water splashing came behind them. Kenshin turned his head to see a Type 95 Ha-Go behind him, headed for the Soviets, and about to roll over him. Kenshin rolled to the side before the tank's treads could run him over, and watched it roll over the hill and into the battlefield. More tanks followed behind it, flinging mud and water into the air. "Let's go!" The soldier beside Kenshin yelled, and the two jumped up to take cover behind the tank.

Kenshin fired a shot from around the tank, then climbed on to the top. "What are you doing?!" The other soldier cried out, and Kenshin shook his head. "I don't want to do this anymore! Please! No more!" The other soldier reached up and pulled Kenshin off, and quickly scolded him and ran back to the tank.

Suddenly, the Ha-Go's lid went flying off as a tank shell hit it. The tank reeked of smoke, and another shell rammed it. The back of the tank exploded, instantly smashing the other soldier's head. Kenshin ran behind another tank, getting into cover.

Okay, so the intro should come to a close in the next part, so the actual story will begin soon! I'm not sure if I should bring the intro characters back into the actual story, as their basic purpose was to show what they thought of the events leading up to World War 2. If you guys would like to see any of them back, I can see what I'll do though!

• Good chapter, I'm down with either choice. Bring them back.

• Great chapter! And do what you feel best.

APRIL 12th, 1938 AUSTRIA ONE MONTH AFTER ANSCHLUSS Boris Waltz watched the three men on the stage before him and a crowd of people

• Great part! I'm really looking forward for the main story to start, but this intro was already very intense. If you want to bring the intro characters back, I'd leave it up to you. I'd be fine with that. Maybe you could use them in supporting roles if the story ever gets to their respective locations again.

APRIL 12th, 1938 AUSTRIA ONE MONTH AFTER ANSCHLUSS Boris Waltz watched the three men on the stage before him and a crowd of people

Sign in to comment in this discussion.