Missing Bird Seed

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I've downloaded the newest version and got past the bug with being unable to back out of the zoomed position now, but I don't have the birdseed in my inventory anymore. I even started a new game and it disappears from the inventory after disabling the chicken alarm. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Maybe Gromit has just used the last seeds in that scene? - Or in other words: I do not remember that you need any more seeds after that event.
  • edited June 2009
    Maybe Gromit has just used the last seeds in that scene? - Or in other words: I do not remember that you need any more seeds after that event.

Don't trust your memories. You will need the seeds.
  • edited June 2009
    Ok, I just re-played the game and you are right. You need the seeds later again.

Anyway, what I noticed is that they disappeared after solving the riddle inside the Muzzler, but magically re-appeared when I needed them in the last act, playing Gromit again.
  • edited June 2009
    So they just disappeared when you switched to wallace?
  • edited June 2009
    Quuux wrote: »
    So they just disappeared when you switched to wallace?
    The seeds disappeared from Gromits inventory after using them inside the "Muzzler". - A bit later you play Wallace, so the inventory of course changes. But after Wallace completes his part and you control Gromit again for the balloon chase, I noticed that the seeds had "magically" been put back into Gromit's inventory. (Maybe he invisibly pick them up again shortly before he is freed from the "Muzzler"... ;)).
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Don't trust your memories. You will need the seeds.

"NEED FOR SEED - Chicken Run"... the new racing game from EA with needy chicks ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Huh. That's lame, but thankfully not a showstopper since they're reappearing later. Thanks for reporting it.
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Huh. That's lame, but thankfully not a showstopper since they're reappearing later. Thanks for reporting it.
    Unfortunately I don't think this works for everybody. - Here is a thread from the W&G "hints" forum where others reported the same bug as "bakakaba"; and it seems for them the seeds do not reappear when needed: <click> (see postings #3 and #5 of that thread)
  • edited June 2009
    Well, I now have played it again (Sam) - And using the new version from start I could finish it (although the seeds vanished when disarming the chicken...).

I guess my problem was using the old savegame with the new program version - That didn't bring back the bird food.
  • edited June 2009
    I also am having this problem - there's no birdseed in my inventory, and after reading found out that's what I require for the puzzle in the balloon where I am up to. :(
  • ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Here's a save game for you at the start of Act 4. Complete with birdseed action!

Just unzip the file and drop the .save file into this directory:

\\my documents\telltale games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Muzzled!

It should show up as Bookmark 4. Enjoy!
  • edited July 2009
    Here's a save game for you at the start of Act 4. Complete with birdseed action!

Just unzip the file and drop the .save file into this directory:

\\my documents\telltale games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Muzzled!

It should show up as Bookmark 4. Enjoy!

Thanks. :)
  • edited July 2009
    is there anybody else for which this solution doesn't work? either can't extract the zip file (on this vista computer) or opening it doesn't produce a save file (on another computer).

any idea what i'm doing wrong?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Hey ozmo, could you email me at warmstrong@telltalegames.com? I'll see if I can send it to you a different way.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm also having the same problem, I've downloaded the save game but I can't tell where to extract it to?
  • edited July 2009
    florana wrote: »
    I'm also having the same problem, I've downloaded the save game but I can't tell where to extract it to?
    My Documents -> Telltale Games -> Muzzled
  • Hi. I'm also having the same problem with a recently purchased Steam version... and I can't see the link for the save game "fix". Is it still availible and I'm just missing it somehow?

This discussion has been closed.