The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Congrats on him being all clear, must be a big relief huh? :p

Markd4547 posted: »

Not like my usual edgy posts your used to but a personal post for once Six months ago my Dad has been having pains and blood I won't go i

• I think that the reasoning for her clothing choice (or a lack thereof) is rather cringeworthy and idiotic. Yet once I can got to the stage were I can ovelook this (a few good hours into the game), I was perfectly fine with it.

With the censorship thing, I believe it simply should not exist at all across all artistic mediums. If you do not like someones art, do not bother associating yourself with it. It is when people try to restrict art that an artist looses their creativity.

As for political correctness in gaming, same thing as before. It is art; if you do not like it or feel disgusted in anyway by it, leave it for others who do appreciate it to do so.

• I'm really happy he's okay, great job on your test too :)

Not like my usual edgy posts your used to but a personal post for once Six months ago my Dad has been having pains and blood I won't go i

• Whoever your father went to first is not the type of person to be a doctor. A doctor should genuinely care for his patients health, otherwise that defeats the purpose of being a doctor (unless you were in it only for the money, in which case they can GTFO).

Still, at least he got to someone other and things have turned out for the better. I am glad that he is better and that the weight has being lifted from your shoulders. I can empathise with you on in some ways in regards to my mother. Positivity always helps.

Salutations and Congratulations with the test, also.

• edited September 2015

enter image description here

Good to hear your dad is ok and cancer got its ass kicked to the moon!! Also congrats on scoring that test! ^^

(I know I'm late, but better late than never)

• You wanna know what the best feeling in the world is? Having your speech postponed because of class being cancelled. :)

• That bad?

You wanna know what the best feeling in the world is? Having your speech postponed because of class being cancelled.

• Maybe he has anxiety and it is actually a great feeling of it being cancelled.

That bad?

• No it's not bad at all lol. More time to practice because I barely practiced last night hehe.

That bad?

• I don't have bad anxiety, it's just a relief because I got more time to practice it. :)

Maybe he has anxiety and it is actually a great feeling of it being cancelled.

• I'm glad you have more time.

I don't have bad anxiety, it's just a relief because I got more time to practice it.

• I see.

No it's not bad at all lol. More time to practice because I barely practiced last night hehe.

• Is it normal to vent to parents? Whenever I do it my parents get really angry.

• edited September 2015

Thank you BigBlindMax, Saltlick123, Green613, ComingSoon, RammsteinFürImmer and Tobi for your kind messages and anyone who just left a thumb made my day I'm glad I had this forum through all this and now even more some knowing the support and kindness a random stranger like me here just got.

Your all awesome and I will remember this :)

• Why do they get angry?

AAA_Jane posted: »

Is it normal to vent to parents? Whenever I do it my parents get really angry.

• What do you mean "vent to parents?"

Yell at them or talk about your problems to them?

• No problem Mark! You'd do the same for me. :)

Thank you BigBlindMax, Saltlick123, Green613, ComingSoon, RammsteinFürImmer and Tobi for your kind messages and anyone who just left a thum

• Talk to them about the problem.

BigBlindMax posted: »

What do you mean "vent to parents?" Yell at them or talk about your problems to them?

• Hey no problem :) I know you'd support us all just as much.

Thank you BigBlindMax, Saltlick123, Green613, ComingSoon, RammsteinFürImmer and Tobi for your kind messages and anyone who just left a thum

• Vent about what?

They'll react differently to "Mom, I have a problem at school" versus "Mom, I hate brussel sprouts, stop serving them!"

Talk to them about the problem.

• Not Brussel sprouts or anything that small.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Vent about what? They'll react differently to "Mom, I have a problem at school" versus "Mom, I hate brussel sprouts, stop serving them!"

• Why would they get mad? Parents are supposed to be there to help and support you.

Whenever I have a problem, I always rant about it to my mother. Granted, she doesn't end up helping that much but she listens and sometimes that's all I need.

• They won't do that. I will say I'm unhappy and they'll think I'm complaining about them, when it's not. That's the problem, they think I'm venting to them about them when I'm not.

Why would they get mad? Parents are supposed to be there to help and support you. Whenever I have a problem, I always rant about it to my mother. Granted, she doesn't end up helping that much but she listens and sometimes that's all I need.

• Is it normal to vent to parents?

Yes

Whenever I do it my parents get really angry.

If your parents won't listen to you try writing down your feelings on a piece of paper or type your vents here. Since I have a difficult time talking about my feelings(minus happiness) to someone I would just rant it on a piece of paper till my hand gets tired. It actually helps me lmao.

• Today fucking sucked.

It's been spirit week leading up to homecoming today. It started okay, school colors and facepaint, you know fun things. We had a loud, hot, and annoying prep rally. Then homecoming, I didn't go last year so this was my first. I was hopeful, it was Grease style so I wore a leather jacket.

It was raining outside and we didn't get in for 30 minutes. Once in you pay 8 dollars to get in, and it started well. It was dark, loud, crowded, and hot...Automatic mood dampener, I couldn't see anyone or hear them. I didn't have a date so I relied on my friends who...Had dates. I was screwed, no one wanted to do any of the fun things with me so I was also lonely. People like joking with me so I get insulted a lot, though to hear girls go "Ew no, hahaha" when asked if I wanted to be their date...Kinda hurt, not going to lie. I'm a good looking guy so, I just don't understand such rudeness, it really crushes me. By the end of it, it felt like I paid 8 dollars for a sauna and to be insulted. At least my best friend and his girlfriend took a picture with me.

It's really hard to stay strong each day when everyone is insulting or hurt you someway. Every day just feels like mountains I need to climb just leading to cliffs fit for depression. Just makes me feel like I could disappear and it wouldn't really matter, never would do suicide but...Shit hurts.

• hear girls go "Ew no, hahaha" when asked if I wanted to be their date...Kinda hurt

Wow, that's really rude :/ They could have just said no instead of being dicks about it. Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. Stay strong <3

Today fucking sucked. It's been spirit week leading up to homecoming today. It started okay, school colors and facepaint, you know fun th

• Yeah, been there(my school had 300 students) great for learning. Not so great for dating! I think the ratio was 6 guys to every 1 girl! I remember my first/last HomeComeing. My story is pretty much the same. Just add litteraly loseing the Basketball game by fouling the opposeing guard in the nose! I intercepted a pass meant for him. He flopped in an attempt to draw a foul that worked! All they did was run the clock another 40secs and won. Our homecoming dance was held right after the game in the lunch hall. So I take the roughest shower of my life ( the boys were pissed at me coach is dealing with the fans and I'm in there alone!) Only the team captin had my back so no beat down. Finally get dressed. The coach got the hallway clear of ticked off fans. We finally get to the dance and only like half the school is there. I'm single. I have no date. I lost the game. And I'm fully pissed off! But still trying to have fun. My female cousin ,who's there with the team captin, tries to help. So she drags me over to a table of three girls sitting alone. She says "My friend here would like to dance" Girl 1 says "Not after tonight"and laughs. (took me years to realize that was'nt a no) Girl 2 says "Ewwww with him?" and visibly cringes. And girl three, smiles and says "Noooooo" lookining me dead in the eye! It hit me like a Mike Tyson uppercut. I was done. Almost felt like I was dying. The pain. Seeing this girl 3 starts to laugh. and says "Its not like I was gonna do you" so I snap off on her verbaly. "You skank ass slut I only wanted to dance! You dumb ass bitch! Then I storm out of the lunch room! My cousin slaps girl three(did'nt know that for years either) Team Captin tracked me down in the parking lot. Said "don't worry bout it man that was too cool. I said I gotta go its been too damn much tonight! but I've rambled enough. Spolier alert I'm still here. But I will say this girl 1 turned out to be the homecoming Queen we had no king that year,apparently I ruined some plans by leaving! Hang in there! You really never no!

Today fucking sucked. It's been spirit week leading up to homecoming today. It started okay, school colors and facepaint, you know fun th

• edited September 2015

I hate sprouts and said I don't like them when I was a kid and didn't have to have them but yeah they do react differently to different things

Not Brussel sprouts or anything that small.

• Wow, I forgot how shitty high teenagers are. Sorry that happened to you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, high school romance/dances/bullshit sucks. People who say high school is the best time of your life are full of shit.

• Not much else I can do except walk through it with a smile on my face. Things are always hard, I was never a real ladies man or, hell, a people person in general. I just recently have been getting comfortable with myself and I thought things would be easier once I was skinner and nicer...It's gotten better friend wise, not at all better romantically wise. Last night I was broken by it, I'm so sad but I'm just thinking it's those girl's lose.

hear girls go "Ew no, hahaha" when asked if I wanted to be their date...Kinda hurt Wow, that's really rude They could have just said no instead of being dicks about it. Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. Stay strong

• Yeah, wasn't just one girl but like three. For the first one, I asked (Jokingly) "Am I not good enough for you" and she shook her head yes with the most serious face I've seen from her.

High school won't be the best time of my life (I hope this isn't the best time of my life at least, haha) buyt it isn't the worst.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Wow, I forgot how shitty high teenagers are. Sorry that happened to you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, high school romance/dances/bullshit sucks. People who say high school is the best time of your life are full of shit.

• Thanks for your story, makes me know I'm not alone in this. I feel even worse for you.

I never snapped at mine because I didn't want to ruin it for others but I felt like it.

Yeah, been there(my school had 300 students) great for learning. Not so great for dating! I think the ratio was 6 guys to every 1 girl! I

• Thanks.

Is it normal to vent to parents? Yes Whenever I do it my parents get really angry. If your parents won't listen to you

• edited September 2015

it's been 2 and a half years i think...?

seriously i tried my best to make him look like bigby...

but yeah the meme says it all

• It's been a year and almost 3 months, since the game ended :P

Mich19 posted: »

it's been 2 and a half years i think...? seriously i tried my best to make him look like bigby... but yeah the meme says it all

• x'D well my bad then..

Green613 posted: »

It's been a year and almost 3 months, since the game ended :P

• Personally, I'm not really convinced about Quiet's storyline behind why she wears so little clothing. I get that due to her bizarre biology experiment, too much clothes she wear will smother her due to her lungs being burnt to a crisp, which forces her to breathe throw her skin. However there's the fact that she is able to recover from her whole body being burnt to 3rd degrees with 'parasites', and yet for some reason they weren't able to repair her lung the same way. From what I read up, an old man's body is full of these 'parasites', yet he doesn't need to strip to his undies just to breathe due to having fully functional lungs, so why is Quiet the only on who cannot have her lungs repaired the same way?

And why go so far as to describe why she appears the way she does when there are smaller and more sensible ways to justify her character design? In the end I feel that she exists purely for fan-service, but with a nonsensical justification for her lack of clothing in a hot environment among soldiers who are appropriately clothed for war. Even I see Eva as a more sensible character than Quiet.

When I first saw her design and the trailers, I had thought that her name 'Quiet' was give to her due to her tongue being cut off during her capture and interrogation, and her lack of clothing was due to how she was quickly reduced to an object of lust among those who abducted her. Being held captive, as well as having no tongue, she had little to no opportunity to resist until by the time it was possible to recruit her, when she'll escape from her former captives on her own until she is caught by Big Boss. Upon discovering that Big Boss views her not as a toy or a spy, but as a soldier who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, she'll soon see that he treats her with kindness and will eventually help her regain her dignity and self-respect.

Instead, I'm left conflicted as to decide whether Quiet is a silly character to include in the story due to her out-of-place biology plight, or a pointless character that exist purely for fan-service and could easily be written out.

• Guys I need some help...

I lost my father 2 weeks ago in an unexpected terrible way. I'm not sure how I feel or how I am. It's hard to express my feelings but mostly I feel empty and numb, also I feel guilt for not being a better daughter, and for not feeling the kind of sadness that I'd consider as normal. I've always been way too emotional/ practically a crybaby but I can't really cry since the funeral. Even then I couldn't sincerely cry and I don't know why.

I fear so much that I'll start to forget about him, or what happened or the good things, but it's like my mind tries to forget or block the truth. I don't want to forget anything even the bad things that I've seen in these days. I don't belive in afterlife so the only thing that's left are my memories of him.

I don't know how to cope with this or how to grief normally. I know it's different for every person but it feels like I'm not being myself.
    I'm also worried about my mom and uncle. I've always been a negative, depressed and anxious person but I try to stay strong for the sake of my family at least.

• First of all, you have my sympathies. There's nothing worse than losing a loved one unexpectedly.

What you feel is shock and that's to be expected. I've lost a couple friends unexpectedly, and had some of the same feelings; the numbness, heartache and frustration at myself. Just remember there's nothing wrong with you for feeling that way and this too will pass.

Your dad loved you and his love lives on through you.

SoMuchSass posted: »

Guys I need some help... I lost my father 2 weeks ago in an unexpected terrible way. I'm not sure how I feel or how I am. It's hard to ex

• Don't worry about forgetting, that's an irrational fear. I've lost family, I haven't forgot them and I have drank enough alcohol in my life to send a normal person into dementia.

SoMuchSass posted: »

Guys I need some help... I lost my father 2 weeks ago in an unexpected terrible way. I'm not sure how I feel or how I am. It's hard to ex

Sign in to comment in this discussion.