I'm about to start Season 2 - question on hints

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
What level of hints are the game designed to be played under?

I know none is an option, but I've no desire to try to randomly hit buttons and go with no idea of what I'm doing - combining junk at random.

If none is no additional hints, I'll play on that. Basically I want all the contextual clues to go with each puzzle intact.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    The contextual clues you need to logically solve the puzzle are in the game. You're not going to be "not shown" something or not given the basic knowledge of how something works. The hints for Season Two are more along the lines of nudging you more in the right direction, which I don't think is any fun to play. "No hints" will basically have you on par with Season One, and any level above that will probably annoy you while you're trying to solve the puzzle logically.

The hints come in the form of Sam and Max basically giving away tips somewhat, um, obviously. You know when it's a hint, they feel a bit "out of place" really.
  • edited June 2009
    Gotcha - thanks. No hints it is then.
  • edited June 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Gotcha - thanks. No hints it is then.

No hints is the only way to play these games right.
    The puzzles aren't that hard. If you get stuck you can try activating hints it should push you into the right direction but don't forget to deactivate them after you solved the riddle.
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    No hints is the only way to play these games right.
    The puzzles aren't that hard. If you get stuck you can try activating hints it should push you into the right direction but don't forget to deactivate them after you solved the riddle.

Yep, that's a good approach.
    However, if you're playing them for the second time, it's worth putting the hint level to the max (no pun intended) - the lagomorph hint system provides some extra humour at places :)
  • edited June 2009
    If you use no hints the games will last a lot longer too
Sign in to comment in this discussion.