Hell Reception Music

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
A lot of people like the music from Hell's Main Office, but I always thought that this track is definitely much nicer-sounding. I recently managed to borrow the Season Two Soundtrack CD from a friend and...the full-length, unprocessed version is absolutely gorgeous. It's such a shame that it gets overlooked in-game due to being cut down and played in low-quality. Anyone else like this song?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I like how pseudo-Kenny G music being played on endless loop is strangely apropos for Hell. :p

Seriously though, I'm fond of that track too. It really nails that brand of jazz, and is lovely and soothing to listen to. Like most of the stronger music from Season 2, it's also great as a stand-alone piece. "4:59" is still more of a favorite for me though, probably because I'm not as much into super-mellow smooth jazz as most of the other types of music that show up in the games. "YMMV," as they say. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I never really listened to either track until I heard that they were good. I won't be getting the soundtrack until the SBCG4AP bonus disc comes out because I ordered them together, so I haven't heard trhem without the processing, but now i really like both of them. But I like 4:59 best. And Twilight Eternal and Fugue and Dies Irae are some of the best tracks in both games. I could listen to those for hours. Which is good, because my game used to freeze for minutes whenever I went to the sewers.
  • edited June 2009
    Man i looove this track! It was funny to hear something this soothing in hell.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.