Sam & Max and portable gaming

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
Does anyone think it would be a good idea if Telltale developed Sam & Max for the Nintendo DS or the DSi, Sony PSP or maybe even the possibly upcoming Microsoft xYz?

So, good idea, or basically destroying the whole concept?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    i think the DS is made for adventure games like sam & max, monkey island, wallace etc
    very surprised that telltale aint got any titles on the nintendo handheld as it would be a perfect platform!
  • edited July 2009
    I was just looking at the xYz rumor page on SciFi, and the fourth comment down was from Bill Gates, saying that this will be coming out in January.

If this includes purchases from the XBOX Live Marketplace, that means we could get Sam & Max on a portable device.

What do you think of this concept?
  • edited July 2009
    Evan wrote: »
    I was just looking at the xYz rumor page on SciFi, and the fourth comment down was from Bill Gates, saying that this will be coming out in January.

If this includes purchases from the XBOX Live Marketplace, that means we could get Sam & Max on a portable device.

What do you think of this concept?
    xboxportable-430x284.jpg
    xyz-handheld-ru.php

That's not really Bill Gates.
  • edited July 2009
    YuriTMND wrote:
    That's not really Bill Gates.

Then why would someone just say that it's coming out in January?
  • edited July 2009
    Evan wrote: »
    Then why would someone just say that it's coming out in January?

To see if anyone believes it
  • edited July 2009
    Hi, I'm Bill Gates - Evan is right
  • edited July 2009
    Hi, I'm Bill Gates. Fork over some money and I might comment on the xYz.
  • edited July 2009
    Regardless of whether or not I'm too gullible, does anyone think this would be a good idea? Or is Sam & Max best on PC, Wii and the XBox 360?

-Evan
  • edited July 2009
    The telltale tool would not work on the DS its just not a powerful enough system.
  • edited July 2009
    I'd love to see a Sam & Max game on DS. Not sure if the Telltale Tool could scale that low, but somebody could make one.
  • edited July 2009
    They do have the option to design an engine specifically targeted for portables.
  • edited July 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I'd love to see a Sam & Max game on DS. Not sure if the Telltale Tool could scale that low, but somebody could make one.

Well, there's always ScummVM for the classic one.
  • edited July 2009
    i don't think sam & max should go portable. what makes it fun is the mouse and the big screen...
  • edited August 2009
    HughBliss wrote: »
    i don't think sam & max should go portable. what makes it fun is the mouse and the big screen...

I've been playing Hit the Road on my DS and it's really enjoyable on the small screen. But I prefer playing games 'on the go' because I'm not confined to my desk.
  • edited August 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    The telltale tool would not work on the DS its just not a powerful enough system.

Will my toaster be able to play Telltale games?
  • edited August 2009
    I think they should think about the rumored "Microsoft portable system"
  • edited August 2009
    I've been playing Hit the Road on my DS and it's really enjoyable on the small screen. But I prefer playing games 'on the go' because I'm not confined to my desk.

How did you get hit the road on your DS? It's not out for it is it?
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    How did you get hit the road on your DS? It's not out for it is it?

Nope. ScummVM for DS + Flash cart + PC version of Hit The Road = Hit The Road DS. There's also a PSP version of ScummVM as well.

That's about as far as we'll see Sam & Max on portables this generation, anyway. The Telltale Tool generally struggles with the Wii, I really can't see it fitting even the PSP's constraints.
  • edited August 2009
    Nope. ScummVM for DS + Flash cart + PC version of Hit The Road = Hit The Road DS. There's also a PSP version of ScummVM as well.

Yup ^ that's how
    also plays SOMI, LeChuck's Revenge, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and, as they say, much more. Pretty much the only reason why I got a DS.
  • edited August 2009
    In my "Perfect World", the Xbox Portable Device (Which shall now be referred to as "Muffin") will be compatible with all current XBLA titles. Basically, Muffin would let you recover your gamertag on itself. Then, you can go to your account history (on the Muffin) and download any XBLA title available that has already been purchased on your Xbox 360. This would allow Sam and Max Seasons One and Two to be available and Wallace and Gromit in it's entirety on your Muffin. Microsoft, if you are reading this, make Muffin come true!!!
  • edited August 2009
    mmmmmmmmm......muffin.....
  • edited August 2009
    You want to eat my idea for a device?
  • edited August 2009
    Well this is not exactly what you were asking for, but you _can_ play Sam & Max on portable devises.
    The original that is (Hit the Road), using ScummVM.
  • edited August 2009
    I've played games on the psp and ipod touch version of scummvm, but it's just not the same as using a mouse. it took me so long to get the fish in SOMI before the bird got back.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.