Can't Open my games, HELPPPP!

edited March 2015 in Game Support

Alt text@TelltaleMike
I recently purchased Puzzle agent 1 and 2 and Hector : Badge of Carnage and downloaded them on my mac but puzzle agent 2 and Hector didn't seem to work, (puzzle agent 1 works fine), I tried to download them on my old Windows computer and they all worked perfectly! I have no idea what happened, please helppp!:(

(I linked 2 screenshots of what exactly happened in the attatchments)

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that as stated on the Puzzle Agent 2 game page,

"Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Puzzle Agent 2 is not available for Mac OS 10.8.3 and higher."

If you are currently running a newer Mac OS than 10.8.3, you will unfortunately not be able to run the game on your Mac. If you are experiencing an issue playing Hector, could you please clarify what OS you are currently updated to? We have had reports of players running Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher loading our games to a black screen. If you are currently seeing a black screen, or a distorted screen when starting the game, and you are running 10.10 Yosemite or higher, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below:

1) In System Preferences, select Displays, then select Scaled - More Space to change the screen resolution to very detailed.

2) In System Preferences, select Dock, then deselect 'Automatically hide and show the dock', to be able to click on the bottom of the screen.

3) Start up the game and run it in windowed mode using the Mac shortcut (Command + F).

4) You should now be able to see the main menu now and change the screen resolution to one that fits the window.

• I'm using a Mac OSX 10.10.2 :/
    Hmm would I still be able to obtain a refund for puzzle agent 2 or at least exchange it with some other games?:((

My apologies, for any inquiries regarding refunds, or refund requests for games purchased from our website, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you further with that particular request.

molui1995 posted: »

I'm using a Mac OSX 10.10.2 Hmm would I still be able to obtain a refund for puzzle agent 2 or at least exchange it with some other games?:((

• I am having a similar issue on my 2013 retina mac book pro. Unfortunately, I tried to fix it, and set the resolution too high. Now there is no way for me to get to the options menu. Is there a way I can set screen resolution from the command line, or reset the settings to the default? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but the high resolution settings are still in place.

Thank you

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that as stated on the Puzzle Agent 2 game page, "Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Puzzle Agent

If you are currently unable to see the screen because of your current resolution settings, please first try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the Mac Shortcut (Command+F) and see if you are then able to see the game, and change the settings accordingly.

If the issue persists, you can completely reset your preferences by deleting the game's save file directory (please note that this will delete any save files you have in the process.) To do this, please delete the game's folder from within the following file directory:

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/

(Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the folder specified above.)

Then after you have deleted the game folder from within the 'Telltale Games' folder, restart the game and your resolution will be reset back to default, and you will be able to change it to your preferred settings.

brotherfish posted: »

I am having a similar issue on my 2013 retina mac book pro. Unfortunately, I tried to fix it, and set the resolution too high. Now there i

This discussion has been closed.