Sam and Max Season Two DVD - Sound Lags

edited June 2009 in Game Support
When I boot up an episode of Sam and Max from the Season Two DVD on Vista, it always lags with sound - in the sense of there being no sound until later where it randomly starts up. It hurts the opening of the game and I wish I could fix it.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Oddly if I restart an episode of the game it plays with sound but initial playthroughs play with no sound.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Maybe your initial settings are too high? I'd say try turning down your settings a bit and making sure that there are as few background programs running as possible.
  • edited June 2009
    Dropped the settings and turned off background stuff. I started 203 an episode I had not played before. It didn't work but the sound started like it normally does midway. I alt+f4ed out and then restarted Sam and Max 203. Sound worked from the beginning.

Not a big deal, just weird - I can just mute the sound and alt+f4 five minutes in for each episode, then restart to really play. It's really odd because I can play the game fluidly with zero problems on the highest settings. But it doesn't ruin the game or anything like that - still a ton of fun with only slight annoyance.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, that's definitely strange. Another thing worth trying is making sure your DirectX is up to date: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
  • edited June 2009
    That fixed it perfectly - loaded up 204 and it had no problem.

Thanks a lot - I would've never guessed to do that, I thought I just updated Direct X when I installed A Vampyre Story.
This discussion has been closed.