Forum page re-direct

edited July 2009 in Site Support
When I go to newest post or try to directly go to page five of the "14 days left!" thread in the "Tales of Monkey Island General Discussion" forum, I get sent to page 4 instead of page 5. Looking at the address, when hovering the cursor over the buttons, shows that it is trying to go to page five, but for some reason the address changes to that of page 4 after you click on it. I'm not really bothered by this issue, but I thought I might point it out and see if others are having the same problem.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I posted something similar about another thread a few months ago here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7688

I think we decided it was just the screwy forum software. As soon as someone makes a new post to the thread, it will be fixed.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

I had a closer look at the thread. The reply count is 85. The last post I can see is #77, which isn't the end of a page, so it looks like a slightly different issue. It may have been caused by the same bug in the forum software, though.

Here's a link to the thread I'm talking about, in case anyone is interested.
  • edited June 2009
    I think that inconsistency is due to inappropriate posts being deleted.
  • edited June 2009
    That makes sense. On the other occurrence, one post was deleted, dropping the page count. On this occurrence, a larger number of posts were deleted, dropping the page count. Hence the problem is that the forum software is failing to remove the buttons for a page when the post count drops enough to empty that page's contents.

Cool. Thanks guys, you have satisfied my curiosity. :)
  • edited July 2009
    I've seen that on other boards too. Can be confusing.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It's the result of some wonky slightly non-standard forum moderation. Sorry for the slight confusion, but everything is behaving as expected, even if sometimes there are awkward fringe cases!
This discussion has been closed.