Can't make circle/lose mouse cursor

I received a copy of Law & Order: Legacies as a gift on steam this evening from a friend. As a huge fan of Telltale games and Law & Order, I was very excited to play it. I got through the first questioning in the game (Teresa), but I'm having some trouble with the first search. It tells me to find and circle the crumpled towel to see what's underneath, but every time I click and drag to try and make the circle, nothing happens. Additionally, I seem to be having some trouble with losing my mouse cursor and have to alt+f4 out of the game when this happens. I had no trouble making the circle when it first said to "try it", so I'm not sure why this happens. I tried searching online to see if anyone else had a similar problem, but couldn't find anything.

I'm very disappointed as I've only gotten 5 minutes of gameplay out of this game now. Please help me... I'm using Windows 8, Steam, and all my drivers and software are up to date.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. If you are experiencing any difficulties creating the circle using a mouse, please try slowly making the circle with the mouse instead of quickly. If you are completely unable to start creating the circle, please also make sure that there are no on screen messages or pop up windows that you need to exit before starting the action of making the circle. Finally, if you still experience the issue, please also try starting the game in a Compatibility Mode, and see if you are able to complete the task successfully.

To Run the game in Compatibility Mode:

1. Right-click the game's icon.
    2. Click Properties > Compatibility.
    3. Select the a Compatibility Mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME).
    4. Click OK.
    5. Run the program.
This discussion has been closed.