Extremely Slow Download Speeds

Hello,

I recently bought both games, Game of Thrones and Tales From The Borderlands.
However, I'm unable to fully enjoy said purchases, as the download speeds are extremely slow.

For instance, I normally have download speeds of up to 3MBPS, but downloading (directly) from Telltale gives a miserable 15KBPS for a 1.7GB file (almost a day worth of download).
Not only that, but once I managed to leave my computer downloading for a whole day, it appears that the episode download directly from the game is also ridiculously slow.

Why Telltale offers to sell this directly if they do not have the network structure for this is beyond me, but I would like to have an alternate solution for this.
Had I known this beforehand, I would have purchased this on Steam.

For solutions, I've tried all the others in the forums (there are many), including: reseting router, connecting pc directly to modem, restarting computer, uninstalling and reinstalling.
None of those works, and this is clearly a server side issue.

Please kindly assist with this, as I would like to enjoy my purchase.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what country/region you are currently located in? Also, you mentioned you tried connecting your PC directly through your modem. Did you make sure to disable your wireless connection while you were connected via a wired connection to make sure that your PC was using the wired connection to download the file from?

Do you currently have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking/slowing the connection speed with our servers? If so, I recommend disabling them while downloading the episodes from in-game, and your download speeds should increase.

This discussion has been closed.