The Secular Club: Fanfiction (PREVIEW RELEASED)

edited May 2015 in Forum Games

Hey guys, I'm #TeamSarah and this will be my third fanfiction on here.

INSPIRED BY TRUE STORIES

Alt text

Users participating:

Groups

(bolded characters have been introduced)

Secular members: (0/6)

Staff: (0/5)

Students: (3/40)

Jacobo Tejada

Radkey Smith

Camilla Abasco

Parents: (0/5)

WHAT TO SUBMIT CHARACTER WITH

Name:

Appearance

Group:

Is your character depressed?:

Is your character mean?:

Personality:

Religion (if secular then none):

Friend class (Popular, Nerdy, etc.):

This is a loose fanfic meaning it has no schedule, the fan fiction could go on for three years or three months. Sometimes I might write just once an month.. other times twice a day. I'm not going to force myself to write this fan fiction. I'll only write it when I want to.. but I promise i'll make it a really interesting experience.

PLOT

The year is 2010 in Marysville High School in Kansas, Marysville is a small close knit Christian town in the deep south. Many of the students reject, bully and torment the small number of students who do not believe in what they do. Staff and a few students form "The Secular Club" and any student who joins is putting themselves in tremendous risk of losing everything they have. This is a story about religion (and i'd like to put out there this is for all people of different religions. Unlike other fanfictions on this forum there wont be a ton of deaths, its more a story about finding yourself, depression, sadness and the general struggle of being who you want to be. It will be interactive through the eyes of different students and parents! :)

Submit characters below :)

Comments

• Also would love to have a character from a different country move to this highschool. Thanks :)

• Name: Camilla Abasco

Appearance: Long brown hair, brown eyes, average height. (Spanish-American)

Group: students

Is your character depressed?: Mid-way. Tends to have her moments, but usually comes back.

Is your character mean?: No, not really.

Personality: Camilla is very unpredictable, sometimes going from happy to sad without any warning. She may be mean to people sometimes but most of the time she doesn't mean it.

Religion: Catholic

Friends class: hangs out with the mid-way popular group. (If that makes sense)

• Name: Radkey Smith

Appearance: Long black hair, tall, lean, Green eyes, tan skin

Group: Students

Is your Character depressed?: He is not.

Is your character mean?: A little,

Personality: Sarcastic, jerkish, can be nice, pretty smart,

Religion: None

Friends class: Popular

• edited May 2015

zachiscool3 posted: »

Name: Radkey Smith Appearance: Long black hair, tall, lean, Green eyes, tan skin Age: 16 Group: Students Is your Character depre

• You can choose none if you're a student but you'll be a 'christan' (someone who says they are but actually isnt and may/or may not join the club later on or just say they're unreligious)

supersagig posted: »

• ok

#TeamSarah posted: »

You can choose none if you're a student but you'll be a 'christan' (someone who says they are but actually isnt and may/or may not join the club later on or just say they're unreligious)

• Name: Jacobo Tejada

Appearance: black short smooth hair , brown eyes , fair skin , 1,74 meters tall , thin. (If you want a lookalike look Aramis Knight)

Is your character depressed?: Yes. Already tried suicide.

Is your character mean?: 50% Yes , 50% No

Personality: Jacobo is pretty emotional unastable and takes most of the comment even if they are in jokes as insults. He is always defensive , but nerver wants to hurt anyone. He cares about people , even if he doesn´t show it. He just want to have friends , but everytime he talks to someone new he just starts sttuter. He also has a tic with his hands. He is very impulsive also. He hates when people treat him like a baby. If someone tries to comfort him when he feels bad he will just say "I am fine" or "Nothing happened". He doesn´t want people to care abut him. He isn´t worth it. He is very sefless and doesn´t care about himself. If you insult or do somehting bad to someone he cares about he will snap. He also follows rules much more than others students. Jacobo lets people do bad things to him or insult him because he doesn´t care about himself. He is also very quite and shy. He is conflicted about his sexuality.

Religion (if secular then none): He belives that reilgion , politics and money destroys the world and makes wars (which is true)

Friend class (Popular, Nerdy, etc.): Loner?

Backstory: His father Martin is owner of a electronic stuff shop and his mother Brittany is a teacher in the school he goes too , but she doens´t teach in her grade. He has two silbings , one older sister called Tamara and a younger brother called Ramiro. Tamara is 18 and is very popular. Tamara has Narcissitic Personality Disorder and she is also already into politics. Ramiro is 8 but very brute. He isn´t cute like most kids , he is very agressive. His family is catholic , but never goes to the church. Jacobo doesn´t care about religion , he thinks that it and politics ruins the world. He had a friend once , but he moved out without telling it to Jacobo. Jacobo misses him. He was also bullied in primary school and it´s already forgotten why it started (Not for religion). He is sitll bullied. His parents fight all the time and Jacobo belives it his own fault.

• preview coming today.

• Name: Sarah Parker

Appearance brown long smooth hair , blue eyes , fair skin

Group: Cheerleaders

Is your character depressed?: No

Is your character mean?: Yes

Personality: Bitch , sadistic.

Religion (if secular then none): Christian

Friend class (Popular, Nerdy, etc.): Popular

• Name: Will Jackson

Appearance: Will has black hair that is short, needle-like and has short sideburns. He has some facial hair. He has brown eyes. He usually wears a vest with a t-shirt underneath, jeans and sport shoes. He has various moles and skin deformations in his face. He bears a piercing in his left eyebrow and another one in his nostril. He's athletic and can withstand a lot of abuse and is quite strong.

Is your character depressed?: Yes

Is your character mean?: No

Personality: Will is known to be quite depressive. He isolates himself from others due to his difficulty in socializing, sometimes pushing people away from him. However he is known to be quite intelligent, sometimes even correcting teacher errors. He is a very profound person, often finding meaning in the simplest things of life and sees the beauty in everyday things. Though he's socially awkward, he'll always stand up for himself if confronted. He isn't easily tricked. Will is mature and hates partying.

Religion (if secular then none): None

Friend class (Popular, Nerdy, etc.): Socially Awkward, Loner

Hope this is a good character. Can't wait for this to start!

• Students then? :p

supersagig posted: »

Name: Sarah Parker Appearance brown long smooth hair , blue eyes , fair skin Age: 16 Group: Cheerleaders Is your character depre

• edited May 2015

PREVIEW

I sit at my cold hard computer desk waiting for the phone to ring.. I eat a sandwich while spinning in my nice black leather chair.

"Laura?" Steven calls from behind me

"What?" I ask him annoyed

"What do you think they'll serve us for dinner tonight?" He says in a giddy tone "I hope roasted chicken"

"Probably baloney" I say tricking him "They did last year"

"Really?" Steven asks being new on the job

Suddenly the phone rings beside me..

"Looks like you got a call" Steven says in a half happy half nervous tone, I pick up the cool black phone as usual.

"911, What's your emergency?" I ask over the phone

"Help me.." A woman says nervously over the phone "Please"

"Ma'am" I say startled "Whats the emergency? Are you hurt?"

"I-i'm a teacher at Marrysville High School. There's been a shooting!" She raises her voice

"Ma'am stay calm, we are sending dispatch. Are they in the school?" I ask her in a reassuring voice

"Yes! They are they are!" She says in a shocked scared tone

"Okay stay on the line with me alright?" I ask her

"What?" She says in a confused tone, her voice is fuzzed but she has a nervous scratchy tone.

"Stay on with me" I repeat

"Okay.." She says slowly

"What happened?" I ask her in a curious tone, I press the dispatch button and Steven looks at me in shock knowing its an emergency. He runs out the door and I hear 2 cop cars go around the corner.

"I-i was teaching Science.. grade 9 Science! There were these banging noises and screams coming from the Gym.. a student ran out to see what it was and the Principal went on the PA to shut the doors" She says shakingly, suddenly a second call goes off and Officer Rice picks it up.

"You teach grade 9 Science?" I ask her trying to keep this lady calm

"Yes." She says soberly

"Are you're students here?" I ask her slowly

"Yes. They're here. EVERYONE STAY UNDER YOUR DESKS! UNDER YOUR DESKS!" She yelled in a scared tone

"Keep them calm" I say soothingly to her

"I'm trying" She says weakly

"BOOM!" A loud bang went off on the phone so loud I could hear it, by now about 4 phones have gone off. The boom made my heart pumped out of my chest as sweat trickled down my twitching forehead. I could hear glass shattering and a crumbling sound from the phone.. I want to do everything in my power to stay calm but inside i'm freaking out.

"What was that?" I asked her in the calmest tone I could maintain

"I think..a bomb.. I think that was a bomb." She said in a shocked tone "STAY UNDER YOUR DESKS!"

"What can you hear?" I ask her

"I-I dont know!" She cried out "I can hear some screams in the distance but it's pretty quiet over here"

"Okay, we've sent dispatch they're on there way" I say to her in a reassuring tone "Are any of your students hurt?"

"No.. she says" In a mixed tone "They're all being very quiet"

"You're going to be okay.. what's your name?" I ask trying to change the subject

"I'm Mrs.Brown" She says as her voice sounds more muffled

"Hi" I say back to her kindly "I'm Officer Smith"

"Nice-e ni- nice to meet you" She says shaking "The room is getting foggy.."

Foggy? Oh shit.. are they close.. oh my god..

"Can you here anything now?" I ask her again

"No-... wait I can hear footsteps" She says disoriented

"Ms.Brown is your door locked?" I ask her in a serious tone

"Yes.. I managed to lock it" She said shaking "Are they coming?"

"Ms.Brown I need you to stay calm" I say in a serious tone

"Should we get help from Lincoln?" Rice asks beside me, I nod seriously.

Suddenly a long bang can be heard from over the phone..

"AHH!" Ms.Brown screamed in a high pitched tone "WHAT DO I DO!"

The banging continued

"Ms.Brown stay calm" I said loudly

Suddenly a loud bang and the sound of a door opening was heard.

"PLEASE! OFFICER!" Ms.Brown cried while screaming as the banging kept going and I could hear her students screams in the background "WHAT DO I DO! OFFICER! WHAT DO I DO! WHAT DO I-"

Suddenly there was no noise

"Ms.Brown?" I ask over the phone "Ms.Brown are you there? Hello? Ms.Brown? Ms. Brown?! Ms.Brown I repeat, ARE YOU THERE? Ms.Brown please pick up.. MS.BROWN?"

[Stay on line] [Get off and call Lincoln Nebraska Police]

• [Stay on line]

PREVIEW I sit at my cold hard computer desk waiting for the phone to ring.. I eat a sandwich while spinning in my nice black leather chai

• [Get off and call Lincoln Nebraska Police]

I can already tell this will be good.

PREVIEW I sit at my cold hard computer desk waiting for the phone to ring.. I eat a sandwich while spinning in my nice black leather chai

That was a thrilling start! Now I will hurry and finish writing my characters, hopefully I'll finish them later today :)

• [Stay on line]

• ty :)

[Get off and call Lincoln Nebraska Police] That was a thrilling start! Now I will hurry and finish writing my characters, hopefully I'll finish them later today

• Part 1 will come soon.

• edited May 2015

Finally finished my characters, hope they are okay :)

Name: Katie Carson

Appearance: Katie is 5'5 tall, with fair skin, green eyes and strawberry blonde hair, which she keeps at shoulder length or in a ponytail. She is very pretty and takes great pride in her appearance. She absolutely despises having messy hair or wearing clothes that aren't considered cool and wouldn't even leave the house without being styled. She is very athletic, a fast runner and knows a few mean punches that usually give her an advantage in a physical confrontation.

Is your character depressed?: Sometimes. While she acts tough and always in a good mood around her friends, she lets her guard down in private and is quite depressed about being forced into a role

Is your character mean?: Oh yes, she can be a huge bitch when she is around her friends and she loves teasing and mocking less popular students, but she is far nicer to them when she is on her own and when she can be sure that no one will talk about it. Usually she doesn't like being mean, but acts as if she enjoys it to get the approvement of her friends

Personality: Katie actually has two drastically different sides of her personality. At first, she appears to be a typical alpha bitch, catty, shallow, envious and bratty. But this is mostly an act she puts up when being around her very popular friends. She is desperate to get approval for her actions and to be well-liked by others and would even hide her true opinions and feelings for this. She is extremely envious towards those who have no problems in standing to their true beliefs, up to the point where she takes delight in making fun of them for being less popular than she is, in an attempt to feel better about this. In private however, her whole behaviour changes. When she's sure that no one is there to tell her friends about it, she is very kind towards anyone, open-minded and without real prejudice, albeit still slightly envious about those who are more open about themselves than she is. Towards her friends she acts very shallow, but she also cares about them, probably more than they care about her. For them, she would do everything. Katie also prides herself in her appearance and her sense of humour, albeit the latter isn't exactly any good. She's good at making fun of others, but has a very bad sense of humour when it comes to more light-hearted jokes. Towards less popular students she can act a bit like a bully to impress her friends, albeit she tries her best not to take it too far and actually feels bad if she seriously hurts someones feelings. In secret she even apologizes if she takes things too far. From time to time, her extreme envy gets the better of her, leading to aggressive outbursts, even though she usually isn't physically violent. She usually feels very bad when seriously lashing out at others though and often thinks about ways to make up for her behaviour if she has the feeling that she has hurt someone. However, her apologies usually turn out to be quite awkward, since she has a hard time dropping her bitchy act. In secret she enjoys some of the nerdy stuff her brother likes, albeit she wouldn't admit to this of course. She also loves some things that are generally seen as more boyish, namely football, cars and alcohol, albeit she acts as if she would despise these things around her friends. She also has a soft spot for animals and rigorously draws the line at violence against them. While she might appear a bit shallow at first, she is quite intelligent and can actually relate to people quite well.

Religion: She pretends to be Christian for her parents sake and to be more popular at school, but is secretly an atheist like her brother. She greatly admires and envies him for being open about his religion.

Friend class: Very popular. Katie will only hang out with the most popular people on school and has a low opinion on everyone else. At school she won't even talk to her younger brother, Ben, but when she is at home she has a very good relationship with him and thinks that he is one of the few people who understand her and would always have her back regardless of her actions. In earlier years they had a better relationship, but ever since Katie started to hang out with the popular kids, she acts a bit more bitchy towards him as well, which she heavily regrets

Name: Ben Carson

Appearance: Ben is 5'8 tall and a bit chubby. He has green eyes and blonde hair, like his sister, but while her hair goes more into a reddish colour, his is far darker, almost appearing like brown in certain lights. Ben isn't exactly ugly, but looks very plain especially when compared to his sister. Most people wouldn't even assume that they are related from looks alone. Ben often has a friendly smile on his face and wears comfortable clothes in which he feels well.

Is your character depressed?: A little bit. While he is naturally cheerful, the other student's mockery gets to him more than he wants to admit it

Is your character mean?: Not at all

Personality: Ben is a very pleasant guy to have around. He is always unfailingly friendly, albeit a bit shy as well. He is proud in having different interests than others and is very open about being a huge nerd as well as not liking mainstream music (he mostly listens to metal from the eighties and nineties). When confronted about his hobbies or bullied, he would never loose his cool and would always try his best to stay calm and acts as if he isn't affected by the things others say about him. In secret he can get quite affected by this and is a bit depressed behind his always cheerful smile. Ben has a very good sense of humour and can even appreciate good jokes at his expense, sometimes even laughing alongside his bullies. He has one thing that always infuriates him though, mainly people who are rude to his sister, or to girls he likes in general. When he is seriously pissed off, Ben often acts rash and without having much of a plan. This often gets him into trouble. In general though, he can deal with people mocking or bullying him and finds solace in the thought that he won't stay in highschool forever. He is a bit of a loner and socially awkward, even though he enjoys friendship, and often tries to avoid any trouble at school by avoiding the popular people in general. However, Ben is also very forgiving and would even help those who wronged him, if he can be sure that they are honest with him. He is especially forgiving with his sister, knowing that she has her good sides as well, despite her attitude. Ben is a dreamer, often finding himself not paying attention to his surroundings. He is also very intelligent and good at school even though he rarely pays attention to the lessons. Ben is very good at relating to people and caring for those in need and would always stand up for others. He hates hiding his true self and is very open about his hobbies and beliefs. Ben believes that everyone has something good inside of them and often tries his best to see positive things in others.

Religion: None, and he is very open about that

Friend class: Nerdy, albeit Ben has very few friends in general. When he is at school, he is largely ignored by his older sister Katie, but when they are at home they have a very good relationship. Ben likes his sister a lot and always supports her, regardless of how she behaves around him when they meet at school, but he feels very frustrated by her always putting up an act in front of her friends. He also admires her positive traits and always tries to cheer her up whenever she feels sad, even when he is sad himself.

• Name: Bradley Delong

Appearance: Bradley, as an older fellow, now has balding grey hair and a nicely trimmed matching beard. He has to wear glasses due to his poor eyesight. He has dark green eyes and usually had a smile. He likes to dress up in suits and ties, and although he has many, he is often wearing a black suit and a bright yellow tie. When he is not wearing a suit, he wears a polo shirt and jeans.

Group: Staff

Is your character depressed: No. Not in the least. Bradley is an ongoing and easygoing person.

Is your character mean?: No, at least not intentionally. His sense of humor isn't always the best.

Personality: Bradley is a kind and caring person, who honestly loves and cares about students. He always tries to welcome people and make people fell welcome. He often gets picked on because of his age, and yes it does bother him, but he refuses to let his anger show. He tries his best to get along with everyone, although sometimes it doesn't work. Bradley is highly intelligent and knows it, often people seek him out for advise. He tries to come off as a friend, a mentor, not a teacher. He doesn't want control over peoples lives, he just wants to help them make their own choices. He often lets students get away with misbehaving or acting out of line a little, because he knows kids will be kids, this makes him very likable among the students, But he knows when and how to draw the line.

Religion: Christian, Church of Christ.

Friend class: all over the place,

• Need some Secular members because they're sorta the mains.

• Ty :)

Finally finished my characters, hope they are okay Name: Katie Carson Appearance: Katie is 5'5 tall, with fair skin, green eyes and

• Thanks!

mr.quality posted: »

Name: Bradley Delong Appearance: Bradley, as an older fellow, now has balding grey hair and a nicely trimmed matching beard. He has to we

• I'll see what I can do. Just give me some time.

Need some Secular members because they're sorta the mains.

• yup.

Thanks!

• I guess Ben could be a Secular member, I don't know why I haven't created him as one in the beginning. If it's possible I'd like to change his group to Secular.

• I'll make another character if I may.

• Name: Kyle Rodgers

Appearance: Kyle has short, blond hair and green eyes. He is rather attractive. He usually wears a dark leather vest with a white t-shirt. He has multiple bracelets. Because he's a football player, he is quite strong and has the appearance. He has a small goatee and thin eyebrows. He wears glasses.

Group:Secular

Is your character depressed?: No

Is your character mean?: Yes

Personality: Kyle is known to have a reckless manner of doing things. He doesn't have friends, he intimidates people to follow him and obey him. He is usually rude and quite blunt when talking and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. He is sort of a misanthrope, however he loves animals and would never hurt one. He isn't a fan of violence and prefers to bully using his daggering eloquence. He likes to play football.

Religion (if secular then none): Secular

Friend class (Popular, Nerdy, etc.): Jock, Bully

• Name: Alex Sullivan

Appearance: Alex has long brown hair, and green eyes. She likes to wear colorful shirts and tie dye with jeans.

Group: Secular

Is your character depressed: kind of...

Is your character mean?: no.

Personality: Alex is very nice and polite, though she is very shy. She doesn't talk much, but she is extremely smart. She isn't a leader in any way, but she is great at giving advice. She is easily intimidated and caves in easily. She gives everyone what they want. Alex is more attracted to other girls then she is men.

Religion: none.

Friend class: Nerds/ girls.

• I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if I may ask, when is this going to start? Or is it not happening anymore? Just asking.

• Yup, in July after lost.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if I may ask, when is this going to start? Or is it not happening anymore? Just asking.

• Alright! Thanks!

Yup, in July after lost.

• Another question, when are you planning on doing lost?

Yup, in July after lost.

• after my exams, probably resuming on thursdayish.

Another question, when are you planning on doing lost?

• thank you so much. And good luck on those exams, i took mine awhile ago. Definitely not fun.

after my exams, probably resuming on thursdayish.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.