Sam & Max Ep101 Dialogue Problem

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I just purchased Sam & Max Complete off of Steam, excited to start playing right away. I installed it and started it up. Unfortunately, there seems to be some trouble with the speech in-game for me. I can hear the dialogue, but it is very low and muddled, as though the dog and rabbity-thing were talking through three inch thick glass underwater while I'm drowning outside of their glass underwater fortress.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no result. All of my audio drivers are up to date. My speakers are all functioning properly outside of the game. I'm running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with an ATI Radeon HD 4800 class graphics card and an on-board Realtek HD Audio component. Any and all suggestions or help is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It's possible that your sound hardware is trying to break out the audio into separate channels but is failing to do it right. Could you go to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Speaker Settings Advanced (in the volume tab) -> Performance. So in the Hardware acceleration, could you try turning that all the way off and seeing if that affects things.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion, but a buddy of mine helped me find the problem. It was just a weird hardware acceleration problem. Everything is fine now. Enjoying the game a lot already, too.
This discussion has been closed.