SBCG4AP DVD Installation

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Once I install SBCG4AP onto my computer with the Collector's DVD, I try to play the game and an Error Window pops up saying: "Error accessing the system registry". What do I do?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    First of all, make sure you are installing the game as an administrator. Secondly, if you are in Vista, try turning off UAC
  • edited July 2009
    Will wrote: »
    First of all, make sure you are installing the game as an administrator. Secondly, if you are in Vista, try turning off UAC

How do you turn off the UAC?
  • edited July 2009
    ???
  • edited July 2009
    Go to system settings->user accounts and jouvenile blah (sorry, I don't know the exact translation, I'm german! :D)->user accounts->choose "enable/disable user access control->remove the tick from the field hit okay, and then restart your pc.

I hope you can follow this route :D
  • edited July 2009
    Cabal84 wrote: »
    Go to system settings->user accounts and jouvenile blah (sorry, I don't know the exact translation, I'm german! :D)->user accounts->choose "enable/disable user access control->remove the tick from the field hit okay, and then restart your pc.

I hope you can follow this route :D

It worked, thanks!
  • edited July 2009
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    It worked, thanks!

I can't seem to find this UAC, all the options I am given are if I want accounts to be standard, guest or administrative, I already am the administrator for my comp, PLEASE HELP ME!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I can't seem to find this UAC, all the options I am given are if I want accounts to be standard, guest or administrative, I already am the administrator for my comp, PLEASE HELP ME!

I answered that in the other thread.
This discussion has been closed.