prefs.prop force 640x480 res

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hello,

In the wallace and gromit series, the resolution starts from 800x600, is there a way of forcing a resolution of 640x480. I'm asking because of slight lack of speed, I do meet requirements. It's not just the wallace and gromit series i would like to force to 640x480 but other games too. apparently monkey island has this resolution so that should be fine. the "right click" "properties" "640x480" trick doesn't work so any other trick would be great.

thanks,

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I need this too. I've got my comp hooked up to a Television, and the TV won't support an 800 x 600 resolution. It can support other resolutions, but I can't actually change the resolution of the game to a viewable one since I can't view it, unfortunately. If I could force 640, I could at least view it long enough to change it to a larger resolution that my TV can display.

Hoping for a response, I really want to play Monkey Island soon...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Monkey has 640x480 built in as an option. For WG that's actually quite a bit harder than it sounds I'm afraid. I don't know of an easy way to change that, but I'll ask around.
  • edited July 2009
    that's great, monkey island is the main one, i guess the others would require a more powerful pc.

today is the release of monkey island, what's the release time ? :-P

also, when is w and g episode 4 coming out?

thanks,
  • edited July 2009
    Hee Ho Ho wrote: »
    Hello,

In the wallace and gromit series, the resolution starts from 800x600, is there a way of forcing a resolution of 640x480. I'm asking because of slight lack of speed, I do meet requirements. It's not just the wallace and gromit series i would like to force to 640x480 but other games too. apparently monkey island has this resolution so that should be fine. the "right click" "properties" "640x480" trick doesn't work so any other trick would be great.

thanks,

Try the tool available on the widescreengaming forum. I just updated it to allow 640x480 in W&G and all other games mentioned in that forum.
  • edited July 2009
    much appreciated. i had the old version where the minimum res was 800x600. this is great. thanks,
  • edited July 2009
    it doesn't work, i tried a 640x480 res and it resets. monkey island works in 640x480 res. sam and max works in 800x600 but wallace and gromit won't work. my laptop is definitely powerful enough and meets the requirements. telltale have given the wrong requirements for the game. now what.
  • edited July 2009
    If TTRes tool was telling you that it can't find the resolution bytes, then try downloading the updated version again. I just fixed a bug in the search routine.

If that does not work then download a prefs.prop file here. Run the TTRes patcher on the file before you run the game or the file will reset to default.

After that I don't know what to tell you. I patched my W&G file to run at 640x480 and it worked fine.
  • edited July 2009
    updated already?!? lol

i take it your the tool's developer?

i'll give it a try :-)
  • edited July 2009
    its been fixed. you've done it! the ttres file works!!!

congratulations and thanks
This discussion has been closed.