Episode 1 Bought 2-5/400, but says "buy" instead of "install"

edited June 2015 in Site Support

To elaborate, I have a Amazon Fire HDX, Gen 3. I bought the big pack of Season 1, including episodes 2-5 and the 400. At first it should them all as purchased. So I began to install them one by one. But after I installed the 4th, it brought me back to the first screen of the game and when I clicked on Episodes, it shows that I installed 2-4, but 5 and the 400 it says purchase. So I have to re purchase something I already bought?

Also now that I have an account on Telltale, will it save my progress? I was told by Amazon to delete and reinstall the app after it wasn't showing my purchase at all. But I lost my entire episode 1! I'm feeling a bit deflated about this game. One glitch or switching devices and I lose all my progress? I wouldn't matter as much in most games, but in this one where every decision matters, it is hard to reproduce the original results.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you are currently playing the game on an Amazon Kindle Fire, you may be able to restore your purchases by resetting the app, as well as restarting your device. To do this, please go to the Settings Menu on your device, then hit Applications. Then press Manage Applications. From the Manage Applications menu, find The Walking Dead application and select it. Within the options menu for the app, please select Force Close. After the application is closed, turn off the device. This will allow the device's cache to clear. Then restart the device, and open the game application again. Your purchased episodes should then be restored.

If you still experience the issue, you may need to delete and re-download the game from the Amazon App Store. Please note that you should be able to delete and re-download the game without your save files being affected.

This discussion has been closed.