Less than 3 weeks now.....

Less than three weeks to go until the End of Fables. Is it just me, or does anyone feel a bit anxious about the end (and how it will play out)?

I guess all I can do is hope for a happy ending between Bigby and Snow....

Comments

• If Rose Red and Brandish die and Bigby and Snow get a good ending that they deserve, I will be very happy. But I also want to make sure that all story arcs are wrapped up, I don't really want anything left hanging

Also, while on the topic of things reaching its "end", just 5 days till the one year anniversary of Cry Wolf ;-;

• Well, my anxiety has kinda run dry because of the wait, but it is slowly coming back to me now...

SO LONG AS: Bigby and Snow reunite and get their Happily Ever After, then anything else can happen and I won't really care :')

I do not, however, believe that everything will be wrapped up in 150 pages. There is too much left to explain, both in the points I raised on another thread, and the points that will be raised by the last issue... Whether they will be left up to the reader to determine, or will be left as is until a later point in time (possibility for more in the future)

I'm never ruling out 'No more Fables' because Willingham has never said that he won't do more, there is more evidence to suggest he would do more after taking some years away from Fables to focus on other things... He cannot just leave the series be after all this time, it will be remembered as his claim to fame in the world of comics, and that won't die out.

• inb4 Rose wins and Snow dies a horrible death.

I admit, as much as I want the almighty happy ending, the possibility of a bad ending makes me both excited and nervous for some reason. Hell, I would probably burst out laughing if the bad guys do indeed win.

• Rose dying: Guaranteed.

Snow dying: Sadly, quite a possibility atm.

Bigby dying: Nah :P

Dawnbreaker posted: »

inb4 Rose wins and Snow dies a horrible death. I admit, as much as I want the almighty happy ending, the possibility of a bad ending make

• Just because Snow dies, it doesn't mean that she won't be reunited with Bigby. They could easily meet in the afterlife like he did with Boy blue. Bigby and Snow will stay together forever in their personal heaven.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Rose dying: Guaranteed. Snow dying: Sadly, quite a possibility atm. Bigby dying: Nah :P

• Yeah but... I want them to live out their lives in the real world, as a couple, before they continue it in the Afterlife you know? Also means that if there is a continuation of Fables, then we can see more of BigbyxSnow :D

Just because Snow dies, it doesn't mean that she won't be reunited with Bigby. They could easily meet in the afterlife like he did with Boy blue. Bigby and Snow will stay together forever in their personal heaven.

• Yeah, I feel the same way about Bigby and Snow. To me, they are essential to have a happy ending (main ingredients), and the rest are basically nice extras if they got happy endings (like icing on a cake, though not essential).

As for whether this is it for Fables (from Willingham), if this really is it (i.e. Willingham says "no more"), I think I am willing to accept it and content to let the chips fall.

Well, my anxiety has kinda run dry because of the wait, but it is slowly coming back to me now... SO LONG AS: Bigby and Snow reunite and

• Totally agree.

Though like Hazza said, I'm not so sure everything will be wrapped up neatly in the one issue(or volume, since #150 is basically Volume 22), considering Volume 22 will likely have whole bunch of extras such as Boy Blue's last story, and final words from Willingham, Buckingham etc....

If Rose Red and Brandish die and Bigby and Snow get a good ending that they deserve, I will be very happy. But I also want to make sure that

• Yeah, I want them to live a long life in the real world before going onto the afterlife.

Yeah but... I want them to live out their lives in the real world, as a couple, before they continue it in the Afterlife you know? Also means that if there is a continuation of Fables, then we can see more of BigbyxSnow

• I just want more BigbyxSnow!!

We didn't see enough of them as a couple in Fables for my liking XD

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Yeah, I want them to live a long life in the real world before going onto the afterlife.

• I agree with the top :)

My understanding would be that issue 150 will be set up so that if there was no more afterwards, then it would be enough to justify an ending to the series, but it could lead into a sequel...

Yeah, I feel the same way about Bigby and Snow. To me, they are essential to have a happy ending (main ingredients), and the rest are basic

• I am mostly intersted how they wrap Geppeto´s story.

• They've been ignoring it for a while now...

I am mostly intersted how they wrap Geppeto´s story.

• To be honest, I haven't read any of it despite my interest in it; not a big comic buff. Worth a read? I might as well try to get into comic books with a good one.

• I didn't read comics properly before Fables. I had read a couple of odd Marvel issues, but I spent a lot of money building up my collection of Fables comics and spin-offs!! XD

It is definitely worth buying and reading, it expands on the universe so much. And the relationship between Bigby and Snow... -sigh- It's so beautiful :')

To be honest, I haven't read any of it despite my interest in it; not a big comic buff. Worth a read? I might as well try to get into comic books with a good one.

• Sounds awesome. I'll certainly try it out at some point. Thanks for the recommendation!

I didn't read comics properly before Fables. I had read a couple of odd Marvel issues, but I spent a lot of money building up my collection

• No problem :)

Sounds awesome. I'll certainly try it out at some point. Thanks for the recommendation!

• The past few months I have often had nightmares..... (;′⌒`)

• edited July 2015

That is why I hope they wont forget about it now. I still think they should end comicbook with the fall of empire becuase those storylines that came after are little bit predictable.

They've been ignoring it for a while now...

• I disagree, I had no issue with the storylines after Volume 11.

All I really cared about in each Volume (at first look) was "I wonder how many BigbyxSnow moments there are in this one?!" :P

I didn't feel that predictability was ever an issue in Fables, because if it is trying to be predictable, then that's ok. Like Bigby and Snow in Volume 1, I think most people saw their interactions and thought to themselves "Oh yeah, these two are gonna fuck at some point"

Also, the Volumes after 11 are quite dark and saddening. Fables took a huge turn when it reached it's halfway point :(

That is why I hope they wont forget about it now. I still think they should end comicbook with the fall of empire becuase those storylines that came after are little bit predictable.

• I think it was better when it was "dark and saddening".

I disagree, I had no issue with the storylines after Volume 11. All I really cared about in each Volume (at first look) was "I wonder how

• edited July 2015

I read few comics (even before Fables, all I read were only couple of DC comics), but I think Fables is actually one of those long-running series that I haven't missed any issues/novels, encyclopedia etc of the Fables Universe (basically, I think I pretty much have the complete collection).

I'd give it two thumbs up (Especially the main series), and would definitely recommend it to you :)

To be honest, I haven't read any of it despite my interest in it; not a big comic buff. Worth a read? I might as well try to get into comic books with a good one.

• I second this completely!!! XD

I read few comics (even before Fables, all I read were only couple of DC comics), but I think Fables is actually one of those long-running s

• Most definitely, it is a great read and will likely hook anyone into comics.

A bit of a tip, though. From my lengthy experience with the world of comics, I have learnt that 95% of Marvel/DC books are NOT the place to go if you are after a gripping and deep story in a comic book. If Fables gets you interested in the medium then you should definitely seek out other non-Big Two titles such as TWD, Invincible, Saga and Chew.

• Yeah, I was never into the whole generic superhero thing (might read some deadpool stuff at some point as I find him hilarious) but Telltale has got me really interested in TWD and TWAU. Thanks for the recommendations; what's Invincible about?

Dawnbreaker posted: »

Most definitely, it is a great read and will likely hook anyone into comics. A bit of a tip, though. From my lengthy experience with the

• Invincible is a parody and deconstruction of the cliches that plague the superhero genre by Robert Kirkman (TWD). I know you don't like superhero stuff, but it is the ONLY monthly superhero series I would recommended, as it makes fun of the genre and tells a damn good story in the process. There are currently 120 issues, which is a tad daunting, but fortunately the first two compendiums (which cost around $45.00 in Australia) collect up to Issue #96, then the books will get you up to date on the rest. It certainly comes at my highest recommendation and for over ten years now has never disappointed me much.

Yeah, I was never into the whole generic superhero thing (might read some deadpool stuff at some point as I find him hilarious) but Telltale has got me really interested in TWD and TWAU. Thanks for the recommendations; what's Invincible about?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.