Reporting Bugs

edited April 2012 in Game Support
Hi. Haven't finished Chapter One yet, but I did find some minor bugs [minor spoiler alert]:
  • Apparently, the dialogs' charset doesnt support all tildes/accents. If you read across all books in voodoo lady's bookshelf, you can see a big square where an accent should go, in the book about El Pollo Diablo (which is in spanish).
  • When skipping dialogs some weird things happen: sometimes the subtitle ends but the voice not. This happened while talking to the voodoo lady; the dialogs overlapped and voodoo lady talked to lines at the same time, for a few seconds.
  • After you escape from deSing, he won't let you get near his door. What would happen if I hadn't picked up the flowers? Are they reachable?
  • "errorundefined" popup in launcher, twice: the first, as soon as it opens, the second after it logs in.
Those are the ones I observed, and really are quite insignificant.
Congratulations for the game, and thank you so much! It's awesome. I laughed my ass off. I love you.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I think the hint system may be a tiny bit wonky. I had it turned down all the way, but suddenly Guybrush was giving me hints during the weathervane/idol puzzle, hints I certainly didn't ask for.
  • edited July 2009
    Nacholabs wrote: »
    [*]After you escape from deSing, he won't let you get near his door. What would happen if I hadn't picked up the flowers? Are they reachable?

He won't let you near his door after you reach the hidden door in the jungle, and you can't do that unless you have the flowers, so I think it's a non-issue.
  • edited July 2009
    Possible bug, with spoilers. I tried to use the unbreakable bottle with the bottle breaker, and the pirate caught me. Nevertheless, Guybrush suddenly had the bottle breaker with the bottle in it, although his hand stopped him from breaking it. During the scene, the breaker was both in his hands and on the table. Afterwards, I checked my inventory, and the bottle breaker wasn't in it. Very, very odd...

I still love feel of the game, and its great to have Guybrush back again.
  • edited July 2009
    At one point Guybrush lost use of his kness and was gliding across the ground rather than walking. Only lasted for about 15 seconds though.
  • edited July 2009
    He won't let you near his door after you reach the hidden door in the jungle, and you can't do that unless you have the flowers, so I think it's a non-issue.

Nope, i'm pretty much sure he gets up the balcony after you flee from his workshop.
  • edited July 2009
    Here is another bug: The controller support (f.e. Xbox360) is broken, hotspot selection isn't working anymore and the mouse steering option has zigzag issues.
  • edited July 2009
    I thought the flowers fell off the moment you approached the door? As for the bottle breaker, I also had that bug, and i used it again after fixing the hand and it worked! of course you still need to get the breaker for later puzzles. There was also a very minor mapping bug in the jungle (I cant remember where) and the ground would "slot" onto itself, once on the sand and another time in the bushy stuff on the ground. I'll maybe screen cap and post later, if i can be bothered, as it is very minor. Still a GREAT game!
  • edited July 2009
    Spoilers ... Examining the weather wane while being threatened by DeSinge at the broken idol results in some weird stuff.
  • edited July 2009
    I've had a few bugs, like the glassblowing pirate
    coming down with the pox before the death cloud occurs, but looking normal the next time I see him
    . This happened quite a few times.

Also, after I offered LeChuck a breathmint at the start, when Guybrush was getting up off the floor, he just slid along rather than walking, but I could only make this happen the once.

Nothing really gamestopping though, really enjoying this episode so far :D.
  • edited July 2009
    another bug
    After discovering the giant door (but not opening it) the dialogue with the pirate outside the courthouse contains references to what guybrush has seen inside the door.
  • edited July 2009
    DemonJKell wrote: »
    Possible bug, with spoilers. I tried to use the unbreakable bottle with the bottle breaker, and the pirate caught me. Nevertheless, Guybrush suddenly had the bottle breaker with the bottle in it, although his hand stopped him from breaking it. During the scene, the breaker was both in his hands and on the table. Afterwards, I checked my inventory, and the bottle breaker wasn't in it. Very, very odd...

I still love feel of the game, and its great to have Guybrush back again.

I had the same bug. So when I got to the part where I needed to use the bottle breaker again, I was supposed to have it, but didn't.
    I was never supposed to get to the place I needed it if I didn't have the bottle breaker in the first place... if you catch my drift.

I just releoaded and figured out how to get it, no big deal.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi I downloaded episode 1 last night and tried to play - nothing but a blank screen after the initial launch box. I've just reinstalled it again and exactly the same has happened, and all I can do is get a "not responding". My machine isn't amazing, but it's only a year old and can play Sam and Max and Wallace and Gromit - PLEASE can someone advise me? As a long time fan I was desperate to play the game last night and was really dissapointed at 2am when I couldn't get any thing to work.
    Best
    Pete
  • edited July 2009
    Dunno if this has been told yet, but when I tried using an object with someone, the writings for the hotspots disappeared and I had to load my last savegame to make them available again.
  • edited July 2009
    Bug, but can probably be assigned to guybrush's idiot mind:
    When guybrush is stuck with his hand in tar and can't move, you can use the glass breaker on the u-tube. He will stand up, with his black hand free, and break it.
    Then sits back down and is stuck again
    Dunno if this has been told yet, but when I tried using an object with someone, the writings for the hotspots disappeared and I had to load my last savegame to make them available again.
    Happened to me a few times as well
  • edited July 2009
    Adda wrote: »
    another bug
    After discovering the giant door (but not opening it) the dialogue with the pirate outside the courthouse contains references to what guybrush has seen inside the door.

This just reminded me of another bug I saw before.

When I was stuck in the jungle the second time, I was wandering around the jungle, rubbing objects on anything I could grab my hands on.
    On the spot where the broken idol arises, I tried the cheese on it, and it made a comment to the like of "That's a great idea, but I don't think these are the eyes for the idol." This was before I even figured out what to do with the map, and this really confused the living fuzz out of me.
  • edited July 2009
    When DeSinge is stuck in the last idol and Guybrush is at the right side of the screen, clicking on the idol makes Guybrush teleport to the left side of the screen and walk up to the idol to start looking at it.
  • edited July 2009
    At the end when
    your hand is stuck to the tar, if you look at the weather vane, Guybrush momentarily stands up for that animation.
  • edited July 2009
    possible bug the hotspot interesting socket near the giant statue just seems to point at a bunch of trees.

edit the hotspot has now disapeared - looks like ill be finding it later. must be a bug then
  • edited July 2009
    I noticed a few things:
    1) When you use the wishing well in the jungle, the screen flashes white and then transparent to show you looking like LeChuck.. I was wanting to skip this (I'd already seen it), so I pressed Esc right as the white flash was showing. I got the menu cursor and sounds, but the menu was covered with the white also.. my entire monitor was white. I pressed Esc a second time to return to the game, and the animation of the white fading out continued... nothing major, but you may want to undo any visual filters the game is currently showing when the menu is being accessed.

2) Using an item on an object in the world would about 50/50 leave that item attached to my "use cursor" or wipe it and make me reselect the object in my inventory. Not sure what the reason for either way was.. I prefer leaving it attached to my cursor to use again, myself.

3) I had the floating-not-walking Guybrush bug show up.. I think mine happened right after interacting with my inventory object on the carvings under the jail (Gromit!)
  • edited July 2009
    I had the bug with the bottle breaker too. I actually acquired it AFTER i followed the map that was inside (which I shouldn't have been able to do without acquiring the conch FIRST) and then went messing around and found out how I was ACTUALLY suppose to acquire it. It's no big deal to me, but someone who has never played Monkey Island or even an adventure game before might be wondering what the hell is going on and how to proceed next. Patch!
  • edited July 2009
    another bug
    Ditto, Adda; same bug of talking with Hemlock about the statue before seeing inside the gate. The triggering of conversations at the outset of a task instead of the completion is a problem that always seems to plague adventure games.
  • edited July 2009
    He takes a peep in the hole though
  • edited July 2009
    another bug

I had the same bug...
  • edited July 2009
    But he does say he couldn't tell what it was that was through there, though it "was interesting."
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Something minor:
    When you select an item from the inventory, close the inventory, and use the drag mouse controls, the cursor has the x shape again. As soon as you move it over a hotspot on the screen the cursor changes back to the item.

I made a short video to illustrate the bug.
  • edited July 2009
    When the dead parrot gets thrown into the corner by the vodoo-lady, it says it's line, but only the subtitles appear, the speech-sample is not played. This also happens when guybrush
    sticks the parrot through the mystic door. You hear nothing, but the subtitles are there, then guybrush says "But there's something downright charming about him."
  • edited July 2009
    I vote for this thread to be stickied.
  • Dang.

I didn't realize this thread existed, and so I made a similar one earlier today.

I can't believe nobody's posted my favorite bug yet!

While Guybrush is strapped down in the Marquis' lab, turn him to face you, then click on the Marquis' office door, and Guybrush will go "bug-eyed" (pun intended). This will not work the first time you click on his door, but every time afterward.
    freakazoid wrote: »
    I vote for this thread to be stickied.

Agreed.
  • edited July 2009
    for me, after playing for awhile, my entire screen goes black and the only way to fix it is to restart the computer. this happens in both fullscreen and windowed mode. my computer easily handles the game, so its not that.
  • edited July 2009
    Not realy a bug, but something that I found odd: Guybrush always pronounces DeSinge's name wrong. Now this could obviously happen in real life: a lot of people pronounce my last name wrong, but when they do, I politely correct them. So I thought it was really strange that when Guybrush called him "Mister DeSinge" (wrong pronunciation) and he was corrected "That's MARQUIS De Singe" (stressing Marquis, but not the family name).
  • edited July 2009
    This is not a bug report (as well as the last one): I noticed that Voodo Lady doesn't pronounce correctly the Spanish word "esponja" in "La Esponja Grande"... I don't know how does it sound to US people's ears: do you think it was done on purpouse?
  • edited July 2009
    wesrey wrote: »
    2) Using an item on an object in the world would about 50/50 leave that item attached to my "use cursor" or wipe it and make me reselect the object in my inventory. Not sure what the reason for either way was.. I prefer leaving it attached to my cursor to use again, myself.

I think that's a case of right clicking to end a line early, but also get's rid of the item.
  • edited July 2009
    This isnt a bug, but did anyone notice that Guybrush never got the name of the Ninja Dave doll right, when you distract D'oro he says "with throwing star action" and when he is burying the doll he calls it something with Kutlas instead of Katana, is this just meant to be Guybrush not careing about the name?
  • edited July 2009
    rlw822 wrote: »
    This is not a bug report (as well as the last one): I noticed that Voodo Lady doesn't pronounce correctly the Spanish word "esponja" in "La Esponja Grande"... I don't know how does it sound to US people's ears: do you think it was done on purpouse?

Maybe it is a mistake that no one noticed. It sounded weird to me as well. It should sound something like "EsponHa", right?
  • edited July 2009
    Maybe it is a mistake that no one noticed. It sounded weird to me as well. It should sound something like "EsponHa", right?
    Yes, the -H being pronounced in a strong way.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Guybrush sometimes stops running when going from one screen to another. This mainly can be seen in the Jungle.

Btw. is anyone from TTG reading this Thread? Please confirm ;)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    There is a bug where the mouse circle separates from Guybrush.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys, moving this thread over to the support forum. It's easier for me to track it there.
  • edited July 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    There is a bug where the mouse circle separates from Guybrush.
    I guess that's deliberate so you can see the mouse circle when Guybrush is partially off-screen...

np: Tosca - Buona Sarah (Opera)
  • edited August 2009
    In episode 2 after you
    sink McGillicuty's ship, if you try to shoot the cannon again the pirate will re-appear and shoot your cannon ball away.
    It's a bit creepy.
    I noticed some bugs mentioned already in the Ch.2 thread so I'll quote them here:
    - One time when
    my mast was destroyed with a cannonball, the other ship then disappeared as usual and
    there was a random floating door in the sky left from it.

- On first meeting her, Elaine wouldn't walk, but just float in Guybrush's direction and from him.

- There was a clearly visibly vertical line on the sky, probably where two images where supposed to join.
This discussion has been closed.