IE Script Error in Launcher

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I'm trying to launch ToMI but am getting this error message at the launcher:

telltale-error.jpg

Regardless of whether I click Yes or No that's the only part of the interface that shows up. The Launch Game button is gone, too. I previously had this same problem with S&M Season 2 and after trying dozens of times it eventually fixed itself, though I corresponded with Emily about it and she said she'd forward it to the tech team.

I also found this thread from late '07: Error with Splash Screen Ice Station Santa

The solution posted there of pressing F6 then Tab actually does work in showing the Launch button, except the graphics end up like this:

telltale-error2.jpg

I mean, I can at least launch the game but I'd rather have the UI properly fixed, and this seems to be a problem that's been around for a while now... Is anyone else having it? Is there a proper solution to it that I missed?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Are you using the latest version of IE? Do you have any sort of program or security that might affect javascript?
  • edited July 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Are you using the latest version of IE? Do you have any sort of program or security that might affect javascript?

Well first I should say that since my post it's sort of fixed itself. I launched the game, then quit to check for a solution for the mouse lag, then when I re-launched it was fine.

But after reading your post I tried again and it wasn't working. I just updated to IE8 and now it is, so maybe that was it. Interestingly, updating IE was one of the things I tried back when this happened with S&M as well (it was from 6 to 7) and it didn't solve it then. And as far as I know I am not running anything that could affect javascript.

It comes and goes, I guess - but I hope updating IE will keep it fixed for the next episodes. Thanks for the help.
  • edited July 2009
    Why IE TTG... just why?
  • edited July 2009
    harlequ1n wrote: »
    Why IE TTG... just why?

Easier than bundling Gecko...
This discussion has been closed.