Plot points that were not covered in Fables 150.

2»

Comments

• edited August 2015

One thing they never really answered that I always wanted to know is: Geppetto was protected with some strong magic, spells from hundreds of strong sorcerers. "If" Iam correct Geppetto said they would last hundreds of years even if they are not renewed. Bigby could do no harm to him while he destroyed the trees. So there are a few things I really want to know which can probably only be speculated:

1. Is he still protected by these spells? (I mean the farm-fables couldnt kill him so they dug a pit for him)
    2. Would the 13th floor witches be able to break his spells if they have to?
    3. Would Mr. Dark be able to break his spells?

I have the feeling that they kinda forgot this. It was never mentioned again and it could have been "useful" in some dire events, like when Mr. Dark arrived or when Bigby became evil. I know you cant trust Geppetto, but they could have used him somehow if he cant get killed.

I first noticed these "issue" in The Unwritten (crossover). Geppetto was easily killed there, like he didnt have any spells at all. I liked this crossover, but this scene confused me and I began to think about this.

• The Crossover isn't canon so I wouldn't pay much attention to it :P

Recently, Bill has been trying hard to leave Fables behind on Twitter (according to a friend of mine) so I guess he just doesn't care anymore abut his creation :'(

N8eule posted: »

One thing they never really answered that I always wanted to know is: Geppetto was protected with some strong magic, spells from hundreds of

• Yeah its not canon I know, but in these kind of comics they (should) still have the same characteristics and powers. Still I think they did pretty good altogether, that made the whole story more believable. I even liked that Geppetto was kinda a "well-disposed" person there, would haven been awesome if they made his character change the same way in the real Fables comics, some magical counseling in which he became his old self which regrets things. The only thing that felt really "wrong" in this crossover was that he had like no protecting spells and this kinda underlined my feeling that most of the readers and Willingham forgot about that.

I think Bill still cares about his comics. I mean everyone would do that if you worked so many years on one thing and it becomes quite popular, brings good profit and have many readers that admire you work. But someday you want to try something different and I can totally understand that. Maybe he will come back with Fables one day. But since we know many fates of most of the fables it wouldnt be so exciting like the first 150 issues. Why not make an other Fables series someday that feature a new community where some fables we know could have a cameo-apperance or something like that. But even if its really the end of this series I would understand Willingham. The only thing thats kinda sad is that the series come to a quick end imho. It really felt rushed and there are some things left unclear. But it was pretty cool how many subplots werde solved in the last issue and in Fairest, they tried their best.

HazzatheMan posted: »

The Crossover isn't canon so I wouldn't pay much attention to it :P Recently, Bill has been trying hard to leave Fables behind on Twitter (according to a friend of mine) so I guess he just doesn't care anymore abut his creation

• I'm disappointed we never got to see Shere Khan or Bluebeard ever again. They were making progress on being resurrected then were just forgotten about after the empire fell. My guess is either they're now stuck in some state between life and death, or they're alive and laying low and scheming how to regain power. I kinda wish they had gotten to interact with Geppetto after Geppetto lost his empire and become allies since all three of them were once mighty and powerful, but lost their power and want it back.

• Blue isn't alive, red just called him back with the rest of those souls, and he was in the musicians afterlife

Sign in to comment in this discussion.