ToMI pixelled hand

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hi.

I just started Tales of Monkey Island and Guybrush's cursed hand emits a square glow.

Anyone else encountered this?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, this is a weird rare little bug that affects some systems more than others. We are looking in to fixing it for future episodes, it's just tricky to track down.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm having the same graphic glitch here.
    Will, Let me know if I can help you with any info to track down the issue.
    I'm a developer and I know how hard it is to track down some issues, so having a consistent repro helps a lot.
  • edited July 2009
    Did you people try loading a different savegame? This only ever happened to me once, when loading a saved game. When i loaded another one it was gone and i have since finished the episode twice without ever seeing it again.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It actually appears to be something buried deep DEEP inside the animation system. So I'm afraid it isn't likely something you'd be able to track down without digging deep into the code. But thanks for the offer!
  • edited July 2009
    I've just rebuilt my OS with a new HDD and I've suddenly encountered the same thing while doing the treasure hunt. Now I'm not sure whether something new in my system has caused this or whether it's a peculiarity of the treasure hunt. I never experienced this glitch once during my first run through though.

Gonna start the game again from scratch now and see whether it pops up again.

EDIT:

Just went to the same location in the main game this time and no glitch. Very odd.
  • edited July 2009
    Only got it during the end of the 2nd treasure hunt, maybe the first - didn't look.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah I also got this but seemed to come and go.

Running on an ATI crossfire setup if that has anything to do with it (two 48xx class GPU's).
This discussion has been closed.