Gettin To Know You

2»

Comments

• edited February 2005
    Name: Nickolas

How did you find out about this place?: i don't really remember...i think i found it on some non official sam and max homepage.

Favorite Movie: Anything with Leslie Nielsen and the old Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

Favorite Video Game: Jedi Academy ; and i think i'll really like the game called The Movies, when it comes out.

Favorite SCUMM Game: Sam & Max ; Day of the Tentacle

School?: 9th grade

Try of music, bands?: Anything made by John Williams; by Klaus Badelt; by Hans Zimmer; AC/DC; Guns 'N' Roses

Married?: Nope, not yet
  • edited February 2005
    Ahhh, this brings back memories of old users.
  • edited February 2005
    Name: So many names, so little time
    (board name gives a clue to first name)
    How did you find out about this place?: slashdot.org/newz.dk
    Favorite Movie: errr.. I don't know
    Favorite Video Game: errr... Next!
    Favorite SCUMM Game: more or less all of them
    School?: Not any more, but is now a Data Tech dude
    Try of music, bands?: rock, no real favorite
    Married?: Nope
  • edited February 2005
    Name: Aaron

How did you find out about this place?: The Inventory

Favorite Movie: Comedy romances, comedy slapstick, anything that's decently funny. Inner Space is really good. :)

Favorite Video Game: LucasArts/Sierra (the old classic adventures) and many obscure games.

Favorite SCUMM Game: Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle

School?: College junior

Try of music, bands?: Mazedude's music, classical music, anything with a good soothing rhythm.

Married?: Someday hopefully.
  • edited February 2005
    How did you find out about this place?: Through news of the Bone-game on dagbladet.no
    Favorite Movie: The Godfather
    Favorite Video Game: Planescape: Tornment and at the moment SWG
    Favorite SCUMM Game: Indiana Jones and the Faith of Atlantis
    School?: Just finished my masters degree in media studies.
    Try of music, bands?: Rock, punk and metal like; Tool, Korn, Rancid, Blues Explosion
    Married?: No, but living with girlfriend.
  • edited February 2005
    I must have forgotten to do this.

Name: Arthur King
    How did you find out about this place?: I don't recall.
    Favorite Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Favorite Video Game: Betrayal at Krondor (it's a PC rpg game, but I consider any non-adventure game to be a video game)
    Favorite SCUMM Game: hmm... Curse of Monkey Island?
    School?: graduated from Virginia Tech; Theatre Arts degree, minor in Business
    music, bands?: jazz, blues, surf guitar, some classical, and orchestral film and game soundtracks. Basically, almost any music without lyrics. But there are some with lyrics I like, such as Squirrel Nut Zippers (not that I understand or pay attention to the lyrics, but it all still SOUNDS good to me)
    Married?: Nope. Not that I know of...
  • edited February 2005
    Name: Robert McGovern
    How did you find out about this place?:
    Favorite Movie: Star Warrekpaxjoneslistdemptionarsenic (I really can't chose just one)
    Favorite Video Game: Fade To Black
    Favorite SCUMM Game: Toughie ... The Dig / Full Throttle.
    School?: 5 years ago now ...
    Try of music, bands?: Film & Game Scores (John Williams, Jeremy Soule, Michael Giancchino (I never spell his name right)
    Married?: Yup, nearly 7 years
  • edited February 2005
    Name: Valentino Sneed
    How did you find out about this place?: Umm... on GameSpot.com when visiting the Sam & Max FP page. (a long time ago)
    Favorite Movie: I dunno...
    Favorite Video Game: Beyond Good and Evil
    Favorite SCUMM Game: The Secret of Monkey Island
    School?: Yeah
    Try of music, bands?: Well I like about everything
    Married?: Uhh... No
  • edited February 2005
    Name: Joseph Williams
    How did you find out about this place?: www.savesamandmax.com
    Favorite Movie: Evil Dead II
    Favorite Video Game(s): Half-Life 2, Sam and Max, Broken Sword I, II, & III, Monkey Island Series
    Favorite SCUMM Game: All of them
    School?: Year 10 at Kristin School (Make from that what you may)
    Try of music, bands?: Try of Music? Huh? uhh... I like Metal mostly. Iron Maiden... Excellent! Metallica (Ride the Lightning!)
    Married?: yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee... No.
  • edited February 2005
    Hey Joseph,

Nice to see another kiwi here! Funny that you came here via 'savesamandmax.com' - I did the site design for it. :-)

Kristen School huh? My former bosses daughters go there - The Gladings.

JP
  • edited February 2005
    Name: Jake Jensen
    How did you find out about this place?: Slashdot
    Favorite Movie: UHF
    Favorite Video Game: Space Quest 3
    Favorite SCUMM Game: Day of the Tentacle or The Dig
    School?: Finishing my last semester of University for my Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems
    Music, bands?: Air, Beck, Daft Punk
    Married?: Yes--- almost 6 months :)

I've been a Sierra and LucasArts fan since the 80's, and develop my own games on the side for Automaton Games... I also write easy listening music on the side: Jeku's Music

Glad to have found this site! :D
  • edited March 2005
    Well I'm new to the forums, but I've been visiting the website for months now. I own every Lucasarts graphic adventure, many from when they first came out. They no longer work on my computer, but I still have them.
    :D

Name: JonM
    How did you find out about this place?: Lucasarts community on LJ.
    Favorite Movie: Evil Dead 2
    Favorite Video Game: Any game where me and my friends can kill each other.

Favorite SCUMM Game: OLD SCHOOL: Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders. MIDDLE SCHOOL: Sam & Max. 3D SCHOOL: Grim Fandango

School?: Baylor graduate
    Try of music, bands?: Weird Al, Rammstein, Classic Rock, and CCM, whatever is on the radio.
    Married?: nope
  • edited March 2005
    Well I'm new to the forums, but I've been visiting the website for months now. I own every Lucasarts graphic adventure, many from when they first came out. They no longer work on my computer, but I still have them.

Yes they do. Use ScummVM (http://www.scummvm.org/) and ALL old lucasarts games will work. It freakin' rocks.

Oh yeah - welcome to the forums!
  • edited March 2005

Yes they do. Use ScummVM (http://www.scummvm.org/) and ALL old lucasarts games will work. It freakin' rocks.

Oh yeah - welcome to the forums!

Even Sam & Max?!? Sir, I am indebted to you.

(debt is non-refundable for cash or prizes or anything else of any concievable value.)
  • edited March 2005
    WOW! I'm the old fart on the thread!

Name: John

How did you find out about this place?: www.savesamandmax.com

Favorite Movie: 1776

Favorite Video Game: Numerous favorites

Favorite SCUMM Game: Monkey Island III ("I am Murray!!")

School?: Penn State - Long time graduated

Try of music, bands?: Medieval, Rock, Celtic, American Indian (or "Native American" for the PC crowd :p), Classic Rock, Classical, Goth ... just about anything except rap, reggae, and country :)

Married?: Approaching 12 years of wedlock
  • edited March 2005
    Name:
    dirk

How did you find out about this place?:
    games.slashdot.org or samandmax.net

Favorite Movie:
    currently its the big lebowski

Favorite Video Game:
    when i was young i seemed to have the most enjoyment playing final fantasy 4 and 6. these days i'm finding the metal gear series to be the most interesting

Favorite SCUMM Game:
    sam and max hit the road

School?:
    university

Try of music, bands?:
    as for artists:
    pearl jam, radiohead, tool, joy division, the dears, fugazi, portishead, massive attack, buddy rich, soundgarden, p.u.s.a.
    as for genres:
    jazz, acid jazz, ambient, nature, lounge, taiko, tabla, gregorian chant, djembe, pow wow, new wave, grunge, prog

Married?:
    i don't believe in the institution of marriage, that being said i'm painfull single
This discussion has been closed.