Will the ToMI Mouse Controls be ported to W&G?

DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
edited July 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
I would love to see the ToMI mouse controls in W&G, because i didn't like its Keyboard Controls and therefore didn't play it.
I really hope you can build them in retroactively for W&G Season 1.
What are the chances of that happening?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Oh, now that I would LOVE!
  • edited July 2009
    I don't know, but I think you may be onto something. W&G interface is the only one TT came up with that I just don't like.
  • edited July 2009
    To me it's basically the same. The games are different takes on the point-and-click genre and the control methods works just fine in both of them. I'd rather see Telltale improving other aspects, like the length of the episodes which was kind of disappointing in W&G.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Megaloman wrote: »
    To me it's basically the same. The games are different takes on the point-and-click genre and the control methods works just fine in both of them.

If you like to play W&G with the keyboard. I don't and I am glad ToMI has the click+drag mouse controls.
  • edited July 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    If you like to play W&G with the keyboard. I don't and I am glad ToMI has the click+drag mouse controls.

I may be wrong (been some weeks since I played Muzzled) but I moved around by clicking on the ground.
  • edited July 2009
    You can try my mouse movement script in this thread.

It is currently the only way to get mouse movement in W&G.
  • edited July 2009
    Megaloman wrote: »
    I may be wrong (been some weeks since I played Muzzled) but I moved around by clicking on the ground.

You can't move by clicking the ground, but you can move by clicking on any of the objects you can interact with. This can be used for most of the game to move without using the keyboard. I'm not sure if there are enough hot-spots around in Muzzled to play the full episode, as I haven't tried to do it, but people have mentioned that in previous episodes there were points where you would be stuck if you didn't use the keyboard to move.
  • edited July 2009
    I would be very very surprised if that happened...
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    There are no current plans to implement Monkey's mouse controls into Wallace & Gromit, particularly because there's only one episode left in the series. However, I wouldn't rule it out entirely for any future versions of the series. Retail releases, other platforms, etc.

Again, there are no plans for anything of the sort, but never say never.
  • edited July 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    You can't move by clicking the ground, but you can move by clicking on any of the objects you can interact with. This can be used for most of the game to move without using the keyboard. I'm not sure if there are enough hot-spots around in Muzzled to play the full episode, as I haven't tried to do it, but people have mentioned that in previous episodes there were points where you would be stuck if you didn't use the keyboard to move.

Ah, you are of course right. Guess I didn't use the keyboard very much, then.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.