Telltale chat (not in any way official)

edited May 2005 in General Chat
I'm not sure if there is a place to chat for telltale yet or not but I've set up a place where we can all hang out if people are so inclined.

irc.esper.net
chan name: #telltale

if anyone needs a run down on irc I can probably give you a quick run down

Comments

• edited April 2005
    I'll pop in. What network is that?
  • edited April 2005
    hey saw you dropped by, I had pinged out by then though and was asleep, hopefully once the ball gets rolling a bit more there will be plenty of people there
  • edited April 2005
    I tried to join, but irc.esper.net always tells me I'm banned :((
    maybe you should move that channel to some more friendly network (like freenode or whatever.. )
  • edited April 2005
    that usually happens if you have open proxies or your infected with a trojan
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2005
    Hey Alucard. I looked but couldn't find the channel. Is it still up?

Thanks for setting it up!
  • edited April 2005
    Yup it's there. haven't been on it much myself since I'm in the middle of my finals.

#telltale
    no spaces
    on
    irc.esper.net

could always set one up over at dalnet (yeah dalnet is still kicking.) or maybe webmaster. I know a couple people couldn't get on. It's too bad no one has really showed up yet but I imagine as more things come out it may pick up. I remember back in the day Dom the guy who did the voices for monkey island would come to one of the chats and hang out back in the day. Maybe we could have something like that here with team members dropping by.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2005
    I think also IRC may seem arcane to some. I haven't looked into chat type things at all recently, but if there were some service that was extremely user-friendly, it may attract more visitors.

I would be willing to pop in from time to time.
  • edited April 2005
    I love idling in IRC channels, it's a classic pastime of mine, so I might as well add one more to the list.

As far as mass group chatting goes, at least as far as setting up a semi-permanent space is concerned, it seems like people just continue to use IRC. I haven't heard of any decent cross platform, always-on chat things that are commonly used by anyone, other than funky proprietary Java based stuff that TV networks and that sort of thing occasionally put up on their site, but they always seem evil and inefficient (and are, of course, tied to a browser window). Seems weird in this light but I think people still either use IRC or (for non long-term stuff) just use IM... or they don't chat at all, and use a web forum. :)*

* Or things like in-game chat have taken their place maybe? But that's not so good for general purpose chatting is it?
  • edited May 2005
    I think also IRC may seem arcane to some. I haven't looked into chat type things at all recently, but if there were some service that was extremely user-friendly, it may attract more visitors.

There are many irc applets for this reason and it might be an idea for someone to host one for this room(or create one specifically for it).
This discussion has been closed.