Game unable to progress

edited July 2009 in Game Support
At the end of the opening credits, the game will crash once Ron Gilberts name has faded, just leaving the sun.

I have changed graphics settings, downloaded latest drivers, and still I cannot get it to work. And have run the game in different compatibilities in the hope that it would do something.

I have:

nVidia GeForce 6600GT
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000
2GB of RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    You may just have some bad data in that next scene. I'd try redownloading.
  • edited July 2009
    Getting the error right after the sun. Have downloaded and uninstalled 3x, have updated drivers and DirectX, performed a boot clean, and my specs should be fine. Can't imagine it's just an issue on my end when many people are reporting this error. Help?
  • edited July 2009
    Try lowering the number for graphic's quality.
  • edited July 2009
    It's already done. Running 1/6.
  • edited July 2009
    If that doesn't work, try lowering the resolution.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks. That worked.

So - If I run the game on the lowest possible resolution, with graphics at the lowest possible quality, with no subtitles/pop up text, and not in full screen mode, I can actually get it working. For now...
  • edited July 2009
    You don't necessarily have to go down to the lowest resolution. My brother had the same problem and just lowered his by one setting with no problem. It's kind of a trail and error thing. You can tell what graphics quality your computer can handle by testing each one. If the mouse cursor is moving real slow, try the next one down. Mine works fine on 3 for example, but not on 4. Also, the game should run fine in full screen. Hope this helps.
  • edited July 2009
    Just lower the graphics and resolution until you get passed it, then save your game and bump it back up
This discussion has been closed.