Full Throttle 2

edited March 2005 in General Chat
What ever happened with this game. They had a trailer and screen shots and everything. I can't find any info about what happened to it now.

On another note.... I'm not much of a fan of the adventure games in 3d. EMI was alright....for backgrounds...but the Characters didn't fit too well. Plus the fact that it wasent point and clicked pissed me off. It's hard to search for stuff when you dont have that mouse movement. You get more out of the enviroments with point and click too.

The Full Throttle 2 screen shots were terrible though. That type of graphics are alright for First person shooters etc, but not for adventure games....

I hope bone looks awesome...

FT2 Screenshots: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/482/482322/imgs_1.html
Compared to EMI: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/escapefrommonkeyisland/screenindex.html

Compare the background detail... and you'll see what I mean.

Comments

• edited February 2005
    LA killed it before GF2. I am very glad they did.
  • edited February 2005
    GF2? What? Where? Who in the what now?

But, er, yeah, it was cancelled a couple of years back. And thank god...you're right Chris, the screenshots do look awful, and there's not a doubt in my mind that FT2 would've taken the original out back and shot it. It wasn't looking pretty. Fortunately LucasArts wised up to that fact and mercy-killed it.
  • edited February 2005
    If you were the parents of the smartest, most popular and all round most loved boy in the country, and you had a second son who disgraced your first son so much by showing his friends embarrassing pictures of his birthday and first moments on his potty, that he became the least intelligent , least popular and all round most hated boy in the entire world, would you do whats right by your first son using only a noose, a support beam, Michael Jacksons finger prints and a suprisingly large death insurance? That's what Lucas arts did.
  • edited February 2005
    Clearly. LucasArts makes most of its money from game-cancellation insurance claims.
  • edited February 2005
    I saw some of those screenshots just now and man, I had to hold back the yak. It looks like you can recruit midget, neanderthal bikers. I wasn't too thrilled with the whole fighting aspect either. An adventure game is an adventure game. Ok, there was fighting in Fate of Atlantis, BUT it was one on one and usually very quick. You could even cheap shot them which was pretty cool. Press 0 and you make them eat thier own mouth. Where the hell was I going with this?...
    Oh yea! Better luck next time Lukie. Maybe thier next adventure will feature the walk down to Tahashi station to pick up some power converters. Then, after your chores, you could waste time with your friends.
  • edited February 2005
    I don't think we'll be seeing any adventure sequels from "Lukie," and judging by the way this game was coming along, that's a very good thing.
  • edited February 2005
    It's sad to see everyone crowded by a grave looking down into it as the coffin of a younge child submerges into the ground. It's even sadder when everyone is smiling. The parents are smiling as they triumphantly hold up there large sum of insurance. The brother is smiling because he knows that his life is back on track. Even Michael Jackson is smiling as he watches the funeral being broadcast on his TV while he sits behind his cold hard steel prison bars. I ask you this: what kind of world is it where we are happy to see a child dead? Where people care more about honour than creation? Is creating something as precious as a child always a good thing? Will there be a part 3 of this breath taking metaphor?

Sorry about the metaphor and all. I'm thinking of having the next part about how the parents killed there baby daughter named SAM.
  • edited February 2005
    It's sad to see everyone crowded by a grave looking down into it as the coffin of a younge child submerges into the ground. It's even sadder when everyone is smiling. The parents are smiling as they triumphantly hold up there large sum of insurance. The brother is smiling because he knows that his life is back on track. Even Michael Jackson is smiling as he watches the funeral being broadcast on his TV while he sits behind his cold hard steel prison bars. I ask you this: what kind of world is it where we are happy to see a child dead? Where people care more about honour than creation? Is creating something as precious as a child always a good thing? Will there be a part 3 of this breath taking metaphor?

Sorry about the metaphor and all. I'm thinking of having the next part about how the parents killed there baby daughter named SAM.

Riiiiiiight.
  • edited February 2005
    Sorry, Sam and Max 2. No edit function? Naughty web master ;)

Yeah, okay :P
  • edited February 2005
    And by bad I mean naughty. Dammit.
  • edited February 2005
    There is a picture of a little piece of paper and a pencil siting in the top left hand corner of your posts. Click that to edit.
  • edited March 2005
    There is a picture of a little piece of paper and a pencil siting in the top right hand corner of your posts. Click that to edit.

What he said. Except it's on the upper left.
This discussion has been closed.