Error with launching.

edited March 2014 in Game Support

So I bought TWD Season 2 last night, and have been having trouble with it since.
At first it said I needed d3dx9_43.dll so I downloaded that and fixed that problem. Then after restarting and all, it had the 0xc00007b error.
I feel bad now because I spent $27 on a game that wont launch.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer's graphics card is below the minimum system requirements to play the game. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your card is currently running at 64mb of dedicated memory. I recommend, if you have the option, to play on a computer above the minimum system requirements, or to request a refund. If you would like to inquire about a refund, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance with your request. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

MoomieMoo posted: »

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ce84b241

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse)

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

pelaoo88 posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gfipd1

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer's graphics card is below the minimum system requirements. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your card is currently running at 96mb of dedicated memory. I recommend either try updating the drivers for your graphics card, or play on a system above the minimum requirements. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/NBmRA4Fk0MY0ydGcQYbuq3PmNSnCyGK7MGXF4SeODDaPdvRJzANA0a3G9i0TXyiF I'm sorry if this is not correct. Please help me.

• Help me I have in The Walking Dead season 2 asks you to enter the game you should enter the user name (or email address) and password, enter the name and password, and write "it is not possible to enter the game again or quit the game)What do I do??! :(

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you have purchased the game from our website, and have you verified your account on our website yet? If you have, please reply with the exact wording that the error message says, and I will be able to assist you further.

Help me I have in The Walking Dead season 2 asks you to enter the game you should enter the user name (or email address) and password, enter the name and password, and write "it is not possible to enter the game again or quit the game)What do I do??!

• Do you have any suggestions on how I could do this?

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer's graphics card is below the minimum system requirements. Wher

Unfortunately if you are using a laptop with an integrated graphics card, this may not be possible. I recommend contacting the computer manufacturer to see if you can get more dedicated memory out of your current graphics card.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could do this?

• I purchased in app 2-5 plus 400 bundle it installed on my iPhone 5 s but it doesn't play???? Wtf

Can you please clarify if you are able to get to the main menu, or if it is crashing back to your iOS menu? If it is crashing, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Solar8 posted: »

I purchased in app 2-5 plus 400 bundle it installed on my iPhone 5 s but it doesn't play???? Wtf

• I was playing the free game and clicked on a advertising to get the bundle game for 19.99 so I purchased it I closed the free game than reopened it n purchased it again it did not charge me again so I did manage to install it but when I click on episodes n try to play one it does nothing???

Can you please clarify if you are able to get to the main menu, or if it is crashing back to your iOS menu? If it is crashing, please close

• It's listed under episodes as being installed but when I tap on an episode 2 it does nothing

I was playing the free game and clicked on a advertising to get the bundle game for 19.99 so I purchased it I closed the free game than r

Can you please clarify if you hit install next to each of the episodes? If you have downloaded them all, and the episodes say 'installed' next to them, you will be able to play them by hitting the Play button at the main menu, and hitting Continue after choosing your save slot.

It's listed under episodes as being installed but when I tap on an episode 2 it does nothing

• Got walking Dead full season 1 and 400days on my ipad mini and all it does is crash at the main menu every single time

• The episodes say installed next to them 2 ,3,4,5, and 400 but when I tap the play button it just brings up the free episode 1. There is no continue

Can you please clarify if you hit install next to each of the episodes? If you have downloaded them all, and the episodes say 'installed' ne

• No I have not registered on your website don't no how 2

The episodes say installed next to them 2 ,3,4,5, and 400 but when I tap the play button it just brings up the free episode 1. There is no continue

Can you please provide a screenshot of what the Episodes Menu looks like after you hit play? There should be an arrow in the top right corner that you can tap to play the next Episode. If you are not seeing that, you may need to make sure you have the latest version of the application by going to the iTunes App Store, and clicking on the Updates tab. You can then scroll through the list until you see The Walking Dead App, and make sure that it is updated to the latest version. (Version 1.6)

No I have not registered on your website don't no how 2

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to play the game successfully.

Mukuss08 posted: »

Got walking Dead full season 1 and 400days on my ipad mini and all it does is crash at the main menu every single time

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer's graphics card is below the minimum system requirements. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your card is currently running at 0mb of dedicated memory. I recommend either try updating the drivers for your graphics card, or play on a system above the minimum requirements. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

hawa19 posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mzjm2

• Hi! I have the walking dead the game season 1. But when I run the walkingdead101.exe it stops. :( Please help me. Here is the support tool information in zip file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/loik03

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer's Memory is below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 3GB of RAM, your computer is currently running at 512MB of RAM. I recommend either upgrading your current system's RAM, or playing on a system above the minimum system requirements. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

petertwd posted: »

Hi! I have the walking dead the game season 1. But when I run the walkingdead101.exe it stops. Please help me. Here is the support tool information in zip file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/loik03

I apologize for the inconvenience, can you please clarify what error message that you are receiving when the game stops working?

ericamia907 posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3hku2y

• edited April 2014

game worked on my old laptop, now i upgraded to windows 8 and an nvidia card and the game stopped working. I don't get error messages, but my steam status goes from blue to green and says i'm in game for about 10 seconds then goes back to blue

http://www.sendspace.com/file/04ab0i

We have had a few people experience this issue when upgrading to Windows 8. We recommend upgrading to Windows 8.1 for free, and your issue should then be resolved.

Soro_Hanosh posted: »

game worked on my old laptop, now i upgraded to windows 8 and an nvidia card and the game stopped working. I don't get error messages, but

• I have the same problem with the d39-41.dll file. IS there a patch for that and where can I get it? If not, should I reload/install the file?

Please install and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to make sure Direct X is auto updated to the latest version, and you should then be able to start the game.

atmak49 posted: »

I have the same problem with the d39-41.dll file. IS there a patch for that and where can I get it? If not, should I reload/install the file?

• that did it. Thanks!!

Please install and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to make sure Direct X is auto updated to the latest version, and you should then be able to start the game.

• edited April 2014

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6plzqc
    I can't play the game because everytime I click on the icon, the system error message "d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer" keeps popping up. I don't even know what that means, hahaha.

• Nevermind, I got it to work. Thanks anyways.

RubyWhale posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6plzqc I can't play the game because everytime I click on the icon, the system error message "d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer" keeps popping up. I don't even know what that means, hahaha.

• Thanks for your reply! And if i have a 1.5 GB ram, it should work for me? My video card enough strong? Only I have problem with the RAM??
    (sorry for my bad english) :)

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer's Memory is below the minimum system requirements to run the g

My apologies, unfortunately your graphics card is also below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Adding to my previous recommendation, I would also recommend upgrading your graphics card, or playing on a system above the system requirements.

petertwd posted: »

Thanks for your reply! And if i have a 1.5 GB ram, it should work for me? My video card enough strong? Only I have problem with the RAM?? (sorry for my bad english)

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

atmak49 posted: »

that did it. Thanks!!

• edited April 2014

Hello.

I need help please. I just bought the game throught this website and when the game starts, nothing happen, only black screen. I tried all the steps i found on this forum, but nothing helps. Here is the link for the tool i ran - http://ulozto.cz/xSxaZnAq/twd-support-data-pc-zip
    Thank you for any help

EDIT: When i tried to launch the game from main directory (ROOT directory, where the game installed is), as administrator (right click on the .exe icon and by selecting "Run As Administrator"), i launched the game without problems. I did not make special steps or any changes.

I am glad you are now able to play. Enjoy the game!

Am-Sher posted: »

Hello. I need help please. I just bought the game throught this website and when the game starts, nothing happen, only black screen. I tr

• edited May 2014
    Hi. I have a trouble with season 1.
    Since a couple of days when I try to start the second chapter the game just show me a black screen (with an axe in left side) and thats all.
    This game worked perfectly but now I don't understand why doesn't work.

This is my link with my TWD_support_data_mac.zip: - http://www.sendspace.com/file/31rq4l
This discussion has been closed.