Walking Dead (2) PS3 - Unable to find save from season 1

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We are currently looking further into why this issue is occurring. I have posted the workaround for this issue above.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Please note that we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a fix released in the near future. As of now, there is a workaround that has been stated here to allow players to use their saves and play Episode 2. For those of you still experiencing the issue:

1. Please delete Season Two and any game data/save data that is associated with it from the Game Data Utility menu, and the Save Data Utility menu on the Playstation's XMB.
    2. Download and install Season Two Episode 1, as well as the Unlock Key again from the Playstation Store, and start the game.
    3. Then choose to import your saves from Season One.
    4. After importing your saves into Season Two, you will be able to play through Episode 1.
    5. Then after completing Episode 1, you will be able to download and install Episode 2, and continue your save from there.

Please note that we are currently looking further into the issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you, while we are still looking into the issue.

Yesterday i got an update and i tried playing the game. But it still doesn't work.

• Ok, first, TelltaleMike i have seen your work around, but my problem is a bit disimilar

I had my old season 1 save, and that was fine a few weeks ago with playing season 2 ep 1 and 2

i then re did another season 1 save to then do another season 2 play through seperate from my first.

Is there anyway to do the work around without getting rid of my original season 2 play through save or will i just have to wait till its fixed? Thanks

• This is my problem too.

REJECT101 posted: »

Ok, first, TelltaleMike i have seen your work around, but my problem is a bit disimilar I had my old season 1 save, and that was fine a f

Hi @REJECT101 and @Jones84, unfortunately until the fix is released, you will be unable to import another Season One save while you have Episode 2 of Season Two installed. My current suggestion (until the fix is released) is to proceed to do the workaround, and then before installing Episode 2 of Season Two, import any and all save slots that you wish to use, and then follow the rest of the workaround. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope to have more information on the resolution to this issue in the near future.

Jones84 posted: »

This is my problem too.

• Why do you keep taking credit for my quick fix. I was the one who told you how to do it.

Hi @REJECT101 and @Jones84, unfortunately until the fix is released, you will be unable to import another Season One save while you have Epi

I am merely explaining the workaround to users that are experiencing the issue, as this is the only way to play the episodes until our fix is released.

Why do you keep taking credit for my quick fix. I was the one who told you how to do it.

• Lol I'm only messing any update on a patch ?

I am merely explaining the workaround to users that are experiencing the issue, as this is the only way to play the episodes until our fix is released.

edited April 2014

I unfortunately do not have any updates on the patch for this at this time.

Lol I'm only messing any update on a patch ?

• Taking into account that the first complaint is dated December 2013 (4 months old) and also taking into account that you (Telltale) want to make content that we subscribe to and download, one and some might say that this is unacceptable.

A patch is one thing (and should be easy to produce), a simple message is another and would have been fine for explaining how you should not spend time downloading and installing content that does not work. Not everyone reads company message boards before they plan an evening of Walking Dead with friends. Now we are just looking at a tedious download screen and probably wont play it tonight.

I unfortunately do not have any updates on the patch for this at this time.

• Do you guys have any idea when this is getting fixed cause it is realy ennoying when i finaly had vacation i start with a The walking dead maraton and can't finish it with this problem. And now 2weeks later my vacation is over and it is still not fixt (or is it idk i didn't check)

• I have done all of these. Both Season 1 & 2 are patched to their latest update. I have a fully completed season 1 save file on my PS3. I bought both games from the UK PS store. I also replayed the last chapter of season 1 to try and kickstart the save recognition. But i still get the "There is no save file found" message.

If this helps, I played Season 1 on an older hard drive but I uploaded that save data to the PS+ cloud storage and downloaded it again onto the newer drive, which is where I replayed the end of season 1 again so I know it's there and working.

I will not start Season 2 as if 1 never happened.

Here is the Season One Save Import Sticky . Please read over it, as it has suggestions on making sure your app is set up properly to import

My apologies. It sounds like you took all the proper steps to transfer your saves through the PS+ Cloud. Unfortunately it sounds as if your save files may have become corrupted in the process, as the game is not reading the save file. If this is the case, you would either have to remake a Season 1 save, or start Season 2 without saves from Season 1. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.

StarStriike posted: »

I have done all of these. Both Season 1 & 2 are patched to their latest update. I have a fully completed season 1 save file on my PS3. I

• Jesus Christ, two months have passed and nothing yet on the patch. Episode 3 is nearly here and we still don't have an official patch. This is ridiculous. Sorry guys, but it is.
  • No offense to you Mike, but this is ridicolous! This is TTG in it's pure Essence! They got our money for the season passes, or for the individual Episodes, so their work on it is finished! I don't think we'll ever see a patch for that problem! I don't think the european users will get ep3, the same time as US users! At least it's not just european customers who have this problem, but this changes nothing! I'm really fed up with this shit!
    I will try deleting the game and re-install ep1 like Mike suggested but I have zero hope that it works! Like I have zero trust in Telltale anymore! It's a shame that a company that put out such a great game, is such a fuck up in every other Department!
  • I tried what he suggested and it worked. The only thing I fear now is that this stupid issue shows up again once ep3 comes out, forcing us to delete, re-install and replay all season 2 from the start.
    RockKeatz posted: »

No offense to you Mike, but this is ridicolous! This is TTG in it's pure Essence! They got our money for the season passes, or for the indiv

• Like I said, i will try it later, but still don't think that it will work. And I'm 100 % sure, we'll have to play the remaining episodes of Season 3 like this, If you wanna play with your original saves! Their working on it without fixing it for 2 months? My ass! Nobody worked on it, and nobody will! Cause they're fucking dilletantes! And they just don't fucking care!
    Skylark91 posted: »

I tried what he suggested and it worked. The only thing I fear now is that this stupid issue shows up again once ep3 comes out, forcing us to delete, re-install and replay all season 2 from the start.

• edited May 2014
    This problem HAS to be patched.

Yeah, there is a workaround, but you'll have to do that workaround every single time you want to replay the game with Season 1 save files and that's absurd. Imagine having to delete your game and then re-download it every time you want to replay Season 2. For example, Skylark had the problem, he temporarily solved it with the workaround and it's all fine now, but if in the future he wants to replay the game again, he'll have to AGAIN do the workaround (deleting and downloading the episodes again).

Truly hope they are actually working on this and have the patch ready real soon. Two months have passed.

Like I said, i will try it later, but still don't think that it will work. And I'm 100 % sure, we'll have to play the remaining episodes of

• 2 Months is putting it lightly. This thread started and this problem was put in December, last year. Thats almost 5 month's, half a year. yeah may have been fixed inbetween this time, but the problem is here again, and still here.
    Brain7 posted: »

This problem HAS to be patched. Yeah, there is a workaround, but you'll have to do that workaround every single time you want to replay

• Yeah, So I deleted Season 2 and all the save files and stuff. At first, I haven't found Episode 1 in the Eu PSN Store, so I went to the Download Manager and repeated the Download of Ep1. 3 Hours later the dl was finished, the game was installed and after running it for the first time, it installed the patch 1.03 (I think it was). Then I tried to play it, AND IT DIDN'T EVEN SEARCH FOR SAVE FILES AND JUST STARTED EP1! WITHOUT A SEASON 1 RECAP OR ANYTHING! I STOPPED THE GAME AND SAW THAT THE 739MB FILE WAS JUST A TRIAL VERSION!
    It was too late in the night to start again, or look why the complete Episode 1 which I paid for, was just a Trial Version.
    Pretty Please, can somebody help me!
    Skylark91 posted: »

I tried what he suggested and it worked. The only thing I fear now is that this stupid issue shows up again once ep3 comes out, forcing us to delete, re-install and replay all season 2 from the start.

My apologies, you will need to download and install both the Episode 1 Demo, and the Unlock Key from the Playstation Store to unlock the Full Game.

Yeah, So I deleted Season 2 and all the save files and stuff. At first, I haven't found Episode 1 in the Eu PSN Store, so I went to the Down

• edited May 2014
    Yeah, I've read your workaround and now that's solved. Thanks for that. I fly off the handle pretty fast, but that`s because it's fo frustrating you know! It would be great for the technical and promotinal side to be as good as the game itself. All hate and vigor just stems from people loving the game so much, and get frustrated by everything else. Thanks again, and how about a update on the patch? ;)

My apologies, you will need to download and install both the Episode 1 Demo, and the Unlock Key from the Playstation Store to unlock the Full Game.

• Episode 3 getting released next Tuesday/Wednesday and still no patch!

Wow... Just wow.
  • Good news everyone. There should be a new patch, I downloaded it and can now import season 1 saves.

Size is 23MB
  • Really? Are you on PS3? If that's true, wonderful. It has been a long damn way but at least it's done.

I'm asking because I can't access my PS3 right now, and one would assume that Mike or someone else would announce the patch as soon as it got released. Strange.
    SonEdo posted: »

Good news everyone. There should be a new patch, I downloaded it and can now import season 1 saves. Size is 23MB

• Yeah PS3.
    Brain7 posted: »

Really? Are you on PS3? If that's true, wonderful. It has been a long damn way but at least it's done. I'm asking because I can't acces

• I think it was the trophy patch for episode 3 and it somehow fixed the importing saves problem.
  • Thank you for the information.

Just a shame we had to wait for so long, but at least it's finally fixed. Can't wait.
    SonEdo posted: »

I think it was the trophy patch for episode 3 and it somehow fixed the importing saves problem.

edited May 2014
    An update was released this past week that should resolve the save import issue that you are experiencing. Please start the game while connected to the internet, and you should receive an update that will include a patch to resolve this particular issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this, and I hope that you enjoy the game!
  • I have a similar problem, but mine is that when I try to play episode 3 of season 1, the game asks me if I want to generate decisions for skipped episodes, but I completed episode 1 and 2! I have the latest patch on the PS3 and I also tried to reload the last checkpoint on episode 2 to see if it works, but it still doesn't. Please help! I have all of the episodes installed from the season pass, and 400 days.
    We have had a few reports of this alert popping up in error for a small amount of users. I recommend saying yes to the alert, and continuing with the next Episode, and see if you choices are the same, even though you received the message.
    Moostacho posted: »

I have a similar problem, but mine is that when I try to play episode 3 of season 1, the game asks me if I want to generate decisions for sk

• 1. Deleted Season 2 game / save files
    2. Downloaded and installed Season Two Episode 1, as well as the Unlock Key again from the Playstation Store.
    3. Started game
    4. Game updates to version 1.04.
    4. New game, import saves.
    5. Unable to find save.
    6. Rage.

Yes, both versions were purchased from the US store.

WTH am I missing? I have deleted and reinstalled Episode 1 four times. Once even tried all the available eps. I'm able to load all previous S1 + 400 Days in WD:S1. I've even restored S1 saves from the cloud after the first few failures.
  • I just finished season 1 of TWD (OMG.. So good!) and deleted it so I could have space to download season 2. But now it needs the save to play with choices I made in season 1 and it will not load. So I went back, deleted other apps to make space, and redownloaded season one of TWD. But even after I restored the previous episodes, it said I had not completed season one therefor meaning I could not download the choices to season two. Please tell me there is a way to fix this! I really don't want to have to reply all those episodes after WAITIG so long for season 2!! Help?

If you are referring to the iOS version of The Walking Dead: Season One, your save files were stored within the base application of the game (Episode 1). Unfortunately if you deleted the game application completely, your save files were also deleted along with it. I sincerely apologize for any difficulties that this may cause you. (If you choose to play Season One again, please note that you only need the base application installed for your save files to be stored. This means you can download Episode 2, play through it, then delete Episode 2 to make room. Then download Episode 3, play through it, and delete it, etc.)

I just finished season 1 of TWD (OMG.. So good!) and deleted it so I could have space to download season 2. But now it needs the save to pla

If you are still experiencing issues importing your saves into Season Two on PS3, please follow the steps in this thread in order to ensure that you have everything set up for Season Two to find your Season One saves. You can find the steps in this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53823/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

Gunde1205 posted: »

1. Deleted Season 2 game / save files 2. Downloaded and installed Season Two Episode 1, as well as the Unlock Key again from the Playstati

• Tried this numerous times. S1 is completed (100%) and save files can be loaded successfully into S1. S2 is unable to find the saves. Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply.

If you are still experiencing issues importing your saves into Season Two on PS3, please follow the steps in this thread in order to ensure

My apologies, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

Tried this numerous times. S1 is completed (100%) and save files can be loaded successfully into S1. S2 is unable to find the saves. Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply.

• Sorry I wasn't clear, this is on the PS3, not PC/Mac.

My apologies, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the

My apologies, if you are on the PS3, please follow the steps/suggestions in this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53823/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

Sorry I wasn't clear, this is on the PS3, not PC/Mac.

• Thanks... I guess replaying it will be. Anyhow, thanks for the explanation and even though this problem (which was my fault) the game is incredible and great job on a terrific video game!

If you are referring to the iOS version of The Walking Dead: Season One, your save files were stored within the base application of the game

• Exactly what I've been doing the last couple weeks. Same result, unable to find save. The 11 down votes on that FAQ page might suggest people like me are still having problems. What can I supply to help?

• The only save from S1 is the same used in my 100% / Platinumed play-through, so I'd say "Completed"
    • Deleted all S2 related files
    • Connected to the internet on fresh install and updated to version 1.04

Thank you for taking the time.

My apologies, if you are on the PS3, please follow the steps/suggestions in this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53823/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

This discussion has been closed.