All the hate?

2»

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2014
    ...At least it's better than the people who act like Jurassic Park is the first game Telltale made, and assume the rest of Telltale's games are a rare exception.
    megamike15 posted: »

yeah the telltale being dark thing started i think in the last 2 episodes of tales of monkey island and countied in sam and max season 3 wh

• Jurassic Park, now that is a boring TT game.

...At least it's better than the people who act like Jurassic Park is the first game Telltale made, and assume the rest of Telltale's games are a rare exception.

• it's not the best game they made. but people go alittle overboard about it being horrible when it was just stepping stones to thier new style they have now.
    angrykurd posted: »

Jurassic Park, now that is a boring TT game.

• storywise it is pretty entertaining but the gameplay is not strong at all. That is my main complaint. In their current style gameplay is enjoyable.
    megamike15 posted: »

it's not the best game they made. but people go alittle overboard about it being horrible when it was just stepping stones to thier new style they have now.

• Steal all the things!!

Nice to see you here too, Ars. :)
    Arsonist posted: »

Like some of the others here, recent transfer from the GBX boards (damn you kitty, stealing the only venture brothers avatar. Then again, I

• I find it funny that they seem to think all of TellTale's staff have like a four monitor set-up displaying the 4 different games, which they don't, they have groups working on each game separately... Some people...
  • MR TORGUE APPROVES THIS SH*T! (since there are no images allowed just imagine it)
    Besides that I'm the only immature FPS twat in the Gearbox forums. But everyone loves me...

Seriously, the community in the Gearbox forums is one of the best communities I've ever experienced. And I love the Borderlands and Sam & Max (since S&M:HtR in 1993) games. And these "folks" shouldn't throw bricks living in a glass house because the "immature" thing could be just projection.
    BigBlindMax posted: »

It bothers me that people are so quick to stereotype and deride the BL community as a bunch of immature FPS twats. I've been a regular at t

• Welcome Kitty. *wave*
    Kitty_Jo posted: »

Your post was refreshing and a breath of fresh air. I hail from the GearBox forums and I am nothing even close to being an immature FPS twat

• edited May 2014
    Wholeheartedly agree. If you think of the source material of all the titles TT are taking on then they should be given more credit for being bold and expanding their brand. Not only are they not daunted by the task but it feels like they are gaining massive confidence in what they do. My budget right now won't stretch to keeping up with all their titles but I hope that they all fair well.

I find it funny that they seem to think all of TellTale's staff have like a four monitor set-up displaying the 4 different games, which they don't, they have groups working on each game separately... Some people...

• Telltale's titles are mostly cheap (and even then go on sale sometimes), so I wouldn't worry too much. Nowadays, Telltale's newer titles go for around $25 after a small pre-order discount ends.
    gswine posted: »

Wholeheartedly agree. If you think of the source material of all the titles TT are taking on then they should be given more credit for being

• I will probably come to pick up a couple of titles when the time is right. It's not even that they are badly priced. I think that TWAU season pass is going for like £6 on Playstation Europe right now which is crazy good but you just always have to deal with the wallet you got!

Telltale's titles are mostly cheap (and even then go on sale sometimes), so I wouldn't worry too much. Nowadays, Telltale's newer titles go for around $25 after a small pre-order discount ends.

• Borderlands has one of the best arsenal of characters on shooters history.

Borderlands was the best choice for a Telltale adaptation
    javoris767 posted: »

People say that a franchise like Borderlands won't work as a Telltale game. Just because it was brought up to be a shooter, doesn't mean tha

• Imagine if Telltale announces a Call of Duty game....

People who were fans of Telltale's classic puzzle-oriented titles thought the same thing about Walking Dead fans as Season 1 grew to immense

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    The forums might just collapse, and people will take it as a sign of the apocalypse.
    iorek21 posted: »

Imagine if Telltale announces a Call of Duty game....

• And then the game ends up being super nice and everybody forgets the rage
    dojo32161 posted: »

The forums might just collapse, and people will take it as a sign of the apocalypse.

That about covers it... and then they announce a battlefield game and they go insane again.
    iorek21 posted: »

And then the game ends up being super nice and everybody forgets the rage

• that bothers the hell out of me too. its bad behavior.
    BigBlindMax posted: »

It bothers me that people are so quick to stereotype and deride the BL community as a bunch of immature FPS twats. I've been a regular at t

• Just adding in order to comment that as a TTG fan I am very disappointed in they're inability to deliver their games as promised. I appreciate quality but frankly Borderlands and Game of Thrones episodes are both going to take over two months per episode despite TTG promises and I for one refuse to buy any more of TTG tiles untill after episode 5 is released.
  • Amen to that! I find that the level of enjoyment is much greater when the episodes are played without one and half months between them.
    reedme256 posted: »

Just adding in order to comment that as a TTG fan I am very disappointed in they're inability to deliver their games as promised. I apprecia

• I've joined in conversation agreeing with people talking about there being separate teams for each license. With TWD second season and TWAS episodes coming out pretty close to each other and us knowing new titles are starting when they end, I don't see these 'delays'.

How long do you think it takes to create a third season title, or any season?

I don't get the delay part but actually I still kind of agree with the enjoying playing all episodes together. I got TWD season pass after 400 days was out so played them all together. TFB will be the first I've played as episodes, maybe after a few of them I will understand a litter Beyer but I still don't agree with more titles = delays.

Amen to that! I find that the level of enjoyment is much greater when the episodes are played without one and half months between them.

was litter Beyer an auto-correct accident? Or is it an inside joke?

I've joined in conversation agreeing with people talking about there being separate teams for each license. With TWD second season and TWAS

• More titles might not equal delays especially if they are broadening the team. Still that was not really the part I was agreeing with. I did however agree with playing all the episodes as one and not buying anything until all of the episodes are out.

My guess is that once the engine is done it takes about 1 year or so to create a season.

I've joined in conversation agreeing with people talking about there being separate teams for each license. With TWD second season and TWAS

• Because some Telltale fans can be really ungrateful sometimes.
  • Defo auto correct/tiny phone key board. Arg!
    dojo32161 posted: »

was litter Beyer an auto-correct accident? Or is it an inside joke?

OK. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

Defo auto correct/tiny phone key board. Arg!

• Sorry was still flogging that horse of titles/delays. I do wonder if I will find the seperate episode format hard to take and think you brought up a good point.

I had been thinking about TT's episodic format. Recently Gearbox released dlc for Bl2 (HeadHunter pk5). Something went wrong with PSN Europes release (dlc was dropped last minute). Where most games only need Sony and Microsoft to approve once before updating stores TT need to do it several times a series. This must cost TT more and increase risk of delays/mistakes that they have no control over. Just thinking outloud on that but it must be a pain in the ass for TT.

More titles might not equal delays especially if they are broadening the team. Still that was not really the part I was agreeing with. I did

• My biggest problem with the episodic format now is that for me there is no feeling of continuity between the episodes. The gap is too big for me, problem is that games are too damn good as well. It is going to be hard to wait until all of it is released.

Sorry was still flogging that horse of titles/delays. I do wonder if I will find the seperate episode format hard to take and think you brou

• Yeah. I am always avoiding TWD season 2 board here because I am waiting for all eps to be out.

I just don't want to be getting lots of spoilers for Tales and having to avoid these threads so will be getting each ep as they come out. TPS might be released at the same time so should have plenty new Borderlands stuff inbetween.

My biggest problem with the episodic format now is that for me there is no feeling of continuity between the episodes. The gap is too big fo

• Borderlands' universe is basically Fallout in Space and I love Fallout so I think this is a great opportunity for people. Yeah, it's a game about shooting but it's also a funny universe with lots of storytelling possibilities.
  • I'll reserve judgement until i've played at least ep1
    But will i be paying season pass for this? Nope
  • You know... I was slightly pissed at one point because I was scared that the release dates were just going to get worse... but I honestly kind of am excited for some of the games TTG will be releasing... except I don't know about GOT yet... I honestly know nothing about the show or anything to do with the story.
    I'm kind of excited for this game. I've been thinking about getting the other two borderland's (mostly due to the art style, man I love anything cell shaded or resembling cell shading) and plot is something that I've always held up more in video games. Story is usually the only thing I pay attention to.
  • I think the world totally works with what TTG is good at. Basically a world gone to shit. xD

CornPopper posted: »

Because telltale makes story based games. Borderlands 1 & 2 had by far one of the worst stories of any game I have played. The only reas

• You don't like borderland's art style...? How do you like Telltales other games then? They have extremely similar artstyles. :P

Erion posted: »

For me it's simple, I really dislike the setting and "story" of the Borderlands series, along with the characters and voice acting, the art

• This may be a big bump, but it's interesting to see how skeptical people were about this game, but then it turned out to surpass everyone's expectations. The OP was right, it proves that Telltale almost always manages fantastic games, and this one of the best so far, IMO.

• its not ungrateful if you pay for it...

ralo229 posted: »

Because some Telltale fans can be really ungrateful sometimes.

• Lots of people were skeptical at first but this game turned out to be one of Telltale's best rated games.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This thread is over a year old so there was no need to reply to this comment and bump the thread, please check the post date in the future to prevent necrobumping.

its not ungrateful if you pay for it...

This discussion has been closed.