Walking Dead (2) PS3 - Unable to find save from season 1

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Thanks... I guess replaying it will be. Anyhow, thanks for the explanation and even though this problem (which was my fault) the game is incredible and great job on a terrific video game!

Can you please clarify what country/region you are currently residing in, and if both Season One and Season Two are from the same region? (EU or NA versions) If you are playing one version from the NA region, and the other from EU, your save files are incompatible with each other.

Gunde1205 posted: »

Exactly what I've been doing the last couple weeks. Same result, unable to find save. The 11 down votes on that FAQ page might suggest peo

• Yes both were purchased from the NA store. S1 was purchased by episode and S2 is a season pass.

Can you please clarify what country/region you are currently residing in, and if both Season One and Season Two are from the same region? (E

My only other recommendation would be to make sure Season 1 is updated to the latest version, as well as Season 2, or the save files will not be able to import over to the second season.

Yes both were purchased from the NA store. S1 was purchased by episode and S2 is a season pass.

• Yes, I loaded up S1 and started a game from the save to make sure it was all working. Looks like I have to settle for random decisions. Disappointing.

My only other recommendation would be to make sure Season 1 is updated to the latest version, as well as Season 2, or the save files will not be able to import over to the second season.

Have you made sure to start Season One while connected to the internet to ensure you have downloaded patch v1.01? This patch is needed in order to import saves into the second season.

Yes, I loaded up S1 and started a game from the save to make sure it was all working. Looks like I have to settle for random decisions. Disappointing.

• Season 1 is on version 1.07. I've given up on trying to import my old save. I just hope if there is a season 3, this will be worked out. Thanks for trying.

Have you made sure to start Season One while connected to the internet to ensure you have downloaded patch v1.01? This patch is needed in order to import saves into the second season.

I apologize. I have another suggestion for you to try. Please delete the Game Data Utility for Season Two from the Game Data Utility menu on the XMB, and then start Season Two. Then when you start the game while connected to the internet, you should be alerted to download and install a patch. See if you can download v1.01 patch, and then cancel the second patch, and then start the game and see if you can import your save games successfully.

Season 1 is on version 1.07. I've given up on trying to import my old save. I just hope if there is a season 3, this will be worked out. Thanks for trying.

• Why are the saves from different regions (S1 US/S2 EU) not compatible? How can that be? Is there any logical reason for this? The games are the same...

My apologies. Unfortunately due to the different age ratings systems, and submissions boards that the two different region versions of the game have to go through, there are differences in the games code that can alter the save files and make them incompatible between regions.

Cardian posted: »

Why are the saves from different regions (S1 US/S2 EU) not compatible? How can that be? Is there any logical reason for this? The games are the same...

• But why then not make us able to make the decisions at the beginning on our own instead of making it random...? This would completely resolve the problem... of course, that's too late now as it would need extra programming but I just can't understand how TTG could not see this as a horrible solution...

My apologies. Unfortunately due to the different age ratings systems, and submissions boards that the two different region versions of the g

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

Cardian posted: »

But why then not make us able to make the decisions at the beginning on our own instead of making it random...? This would completely resolv

• Hey i bought season 2 yesterday and my choices are locked so i installed of season one again to check if i finished it and i did but season 2 my choices is still locked so i deleted season one save file from my ps3 and i plan to Finnish it today will this work?

Do you still have Season 1 installed? If not, your saves were stored in Episode 1 of Season 1. If you still have Season 1 installed, please ma

• What do you mean by "my choices are locked" if the problem is with 'Safe Files' not working that won't help that is a recent problem

The 'Safe Files' that you find in the main menu are for the S2 safe files but they don't work on ps3 for some reason since E5.
    The safe files from s1 you find when you start a game it will ask what safe file from s1 you want.

Btw maybe you should check some recently comments this one is almost a year old.

Zomkiller posted: »

Hey i bought season 2 yesterday and my choices are locked so i installed of season one again to check if i finished it and i did but season

@Zomkiller If you are just starting Season Two for the first time, and you want to import your saves, you have to select Play, then choose a save slot, and Season Two will then start looking for your Season One save files. It will then find, and import them automatically. (Make sure you have started Season One recently so that you receive the update needed to import your saves successfully)

Hey i bought season 2 yesterday and my choices are locked so i installed of season one again to check if i finished it and i did but season

• Ok thanks for the help but your talking about the ps3 version right?

@Zomkiller If you are just starting Season Two for the first time, and you want to import your saves, you have to select Play, then choose a

• I'm having the same problem on PS4. I just finished season 1 but the game is unable to find the save file in season 2.

Yes, on PS3 your Season One save files will be imported after selecting Play, and choosing a Save Slot to import your saves into, and the game will automatically locate your Season One save files, and import them as long as both Season One and Season Two are updated to the latest version.

Ok thanks for the help but your talking about the ps3 version right?

• @Rainmaker07: Same here.

Just finished TWDS1. But Save File can`t be found. :-(

Rainmaker07 posted: »

I'm having the same problem on PS4. I just finished season 1 but the game is unable to find the save file in season 2.

• TWDS1 save file not found. GREAT

My apologies, can you please clarify what region/country you are currently residing in? Also, can you please clarify if you have tried importing your saves both online connected to the internet, and offline/disconnected?

MATT81DE posted: »

@Rainmaker07: Same here. Just finished TWDS1. But Save File can`t be found. :-(

• It's Germany, European region.

And I tried both, on- and offline.

My apologies, can you please clarify what region/country you are currently residing in? Also, can you please clarify if you have tried importing your saves both online connected to the internet, and offline/disconnected?

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are playing on PS3 or PS4? Also, what region/country you are currently residing in? Also, can you please clarify if you have tried importing your saves both online connected to the internet, and offline/disconnected?

Rasark posted: »

TWDS1 save file not found. GREAT

• PS4
    Austria
    Tried both after reading your posts about the issue, didn't help.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are playing on PS3 or PS4? Also, what region/country you are currently residing in? Also, can yo

• Also having the same issues with Season 2 for PS4, cannot find save file. I'm in Australia.
    Tried to import multiple times as well.

• edited November 2014

Same problem as the others above just finished the first season and 400 days PS4 european disc version Germany (Version Number: CUSA01011 646115) and save game will not load on season 2 also european disc version Germany (Version Number: CUSA01010 6461573)! No import possible on and offline...

• Just wanted to throw myself in there among the people who are getting the 'unable to find save' for The Walking Dead Season 2 for PS4,despite having completed Season 1 & 400 days.The PS4 and games are from Germany.I really don't want to play with random choices.Can you help?

• I have the same problem on my PS4. Just finished Season One and the 400 DLC and now i cant import my saved game from season one to season two. I have the german disc version, buyed @ amazon. As the people posted before me, i dont want to play with random choices.

• Same here.Germany / EU PSN Store version for PS4. Please, guys; the game is selling for money and this is a no brainier to test.

• I'm having the same problem after completing the retail version of season 1 on PS4 i tried to play season 2 and it says "unable to find save" when i clearly have season one saved. I'm from the U.K and just purchashed retail disc versions of both season 1 & 2 on PS4 if that helps. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

My apologies, we are currently looking into the save import issue occurring for PS4 players in Europe. We hope to have a resolution/update soon. I will make sure to update the forums when I receive any new information on the issue.

• Same problem with PS4 download version EU here. Tried online/offline same deal. Season 2 is unable to find Season 1 savefile. It's a bummer. I was really looking forward to continuing my story :(

• Same problem her, can't find a save file. Ps4 EU Norway

• Wanted to add some additional details as far as save problems are concerned. Apologies in advance should this seem overly convoluted. and I imagine you'll be tired of reading about slots reasonably soon.

As with others here I've been unable to import Season One files when starting Season Two, but there seem to be more issues with save file management in Season One. Confirmed with another player online after searching for reports of the issue that not only is it not possible to import to Season Two, but you seemingly can't copy Season One save files into other slots once the original save has reached Episode 5. I'll give a full account of the processes below, but wanted first to highlight that it doesn't seem to be an issue with the import alone.

After my first attempt to import failed I went back to Season One to copy my completed save file into another slot, just to see if there was any discernible difference or effect on the import process. Wasn't able to test this as the save file failed to copy into any other slot. No error message, no prompt, just a brief flicker of a change with the appearance of the loading wheel, but then back to the empty slot with the option of starting a new game.

Tried to copy again with the same result, so then started a new game in slot 2, played until I reached the house and exited to the main menu. Nothing was saved in slot 2. Thought this might be indicative of a problem caused by the original save, so I deleted that completed game in slot 1 and started a new game in slot 3. Again played until the house was reached, quit to menu, but this time the game had successfully saved in slot 3. Immediately copied this new save file into slots 1 and 2 without fault. Then tried the import to Season Two with these three files in place; nothing was detected by the game, but I thought it might require a Season One file completed to the end of Episode 5, so kept going.

I continued to play through my slot 3 game, copying the save to slot 2 after finishing each episode. However after finishing Episode 5, I attempted to copy the slot 3 save into slot 2, and slot 2 was instantly deleted. Nothing left in slot 2 but the option of starting a new game. After that I took a moment to attempt the import to Season Two, which failed as usual. With the slot 2 save blank, I completed 400 Days in my slot 3 game and then attempted to copy it to slot 1. Again, this deleted the save in the slot I was trying to copy to. I'm now left with the completed slot 3 save, but can't save a game in either slot 1 or 2.

To clarify, all of this was played on the PS4, with both Seasons downloaded from the EU PSN store. I''ve attempted both the import and the copying of save files in online and offline states Just an aside to finish, but from what I've seen on twitter this also looks to be affecting players with the AU PS4 release of the game.

• but you seemingly can't copy Season One save files into other slots once the original save has reached Episode 5

I can confirm this issue, also tried copying save slots. To no avail.

Wanted to add some additional details as far as save problems are concerned. Apologies in advance should this seem overly convoluted. and I

• i'm having the same problems, can't load savefiles from season one, i just got the disc version the other day, (i'm playing on a ps3 by the way) and i checked my saves in the homemenu of my ps3, and the savefile is there.

• I'm having the same problem here in Ireland. I have a digital copy of season 1 and a physical copy of season 2 and it won't read my save file from season 1. Tried messing around with the saves uploading it and even putting it on usb but to no avail.(I'm playing on ps4). Really looking forward to playing this game and disappointed that i can't.

• Ok,I'm glad that's not just me! I tried starting a new game thinking if there were more save files,there would be more chance of season 2 finding a save file,but nope,I got to the end of chapter one,try and start chapter 2 but the save wasn't there.

Wanted to add some additional details as far as save problems are concerned. Apologies in advance should this seem overly convoluted. and I

• I have a physical edition of season one and two for PS3. When starting season two it's unable to find my season one save even though it's still on my PS3. Very annoying!

• I saw on my system that my season 1 save data was uploaded yesterday. I dont know why it took so long but I thought it would fix the problem. It didn't of course.

I am in Australia and have seasons 1 and 2 on ps4 on disc.

This discussion has been closed.