The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Ending - Did y'all just forget this part?

Comments

• Replay the game, it makes no sense at all. The photos where there because either Faith or Nerissa planted them there and then directed you to the Open Arms motel. Im actually pretty certain she used a cop glamour to do that as the cop exits Open Arms once you arrive there and gives you a nod or something.

angelxd22 posted: »

And lilly had the pics. So when georgie killed her,he didnt bother to check the closet for the pics?

• edited July 2014

And people say this doesn't make sense. It was established firmly that it was Faith who stole the photo, that it was her who covered Lily at Woody's apartment and that head found on the woodlands doorstep was severed after Bigby met Faith that evening, so that theory of Faith being killed earlier before the start of a game and Nerissa decides to revenge her death by posing as her ignores three very strong points that can't be disputed.

Besides Nerissa (glamoured Faith in reality) sent Bigby to open arms hotel knowing that he'll find the photo there because she's the one who stole it and hid it there.

• Tell me if this is possible, Faith gets killed. Nerissa decides she needs Bigby's help and then lures out Bigby while glamoured as Faith to establish a connection? Surely solid theory given Nerissa's involvement with other parts of the case.

• Look at the order of those pictures, Im pretty sure they are arranged by date they where taken, I believe you really met real Faith and only later Nerissa told her about the whole affair and then they switched, Georgie kills Nerissa glamoured as Faith and real Faith drops her head at your doorsteps because she met you not long ago and you where someone who appeared to care.

• It is not. "Faith" was killed later that night, after you meet her at Woodsmans flat, not before.

• The cop was just banging one of the girls. She hugs him as they leave

Replay the game, it makes no sense at all. The photos where there because either Faith or Nerissa planted them there and then directed you t

• And if the faith that was killed was really narissa,y didnt the head turn back like the snow to lilly body did?

Replay the game, it makes no sense at all. The photos where there because either Faith or Nerissa planted them there and then directed you t

• That can either be because the girl is a fable and aware that its a fellow working girl in disguise or she is hired so it does not appear suspicious to Beauty. In any case a timeline to you Bigby finds Faiths head and Snow immediately informs Crane, Crane works for The Crooked Man who is probably also informed at that point about the head, only then you meet Tweedle brothers who are searching for something stolen from TCM. Im sure they are already aware of the fact that you have the head so there is no way they might be looking for it.

The cop was just banging one of the girls. She hugs him as they leave

• edited July 2014

We know that Nerissa and Faith had a fight shortly before one of them died. I guess that's the moment when they somehow exchanged identities.

The Faith we see at EP 1 who says Bigby is not bad, seems to be the real one, since she uses the same phrases.

At that point I think Faith already knew she had messed up somehow, and that it was a matter of time before Georgie or Crooked Man found out she was trying to betray them.

Then it seems that sometime after that, Faith somehow convinces Nerissa to "trade" places with her. I assume that is happening in the photo where they're arguing. She probably asked her to cover for her or something, using the beating Woodie gave her as an excuse for being unable to work. Nerissa must have gotten upset for having to cover for her, but still agrees to do it for Faith and take her appearance to meet whatever client is next.

It makes sense that Faith could have asked for Nerissa to cover for her, didn't she do the same thing with Lilly, asking her to glamour as Snow and go see her other client , Crane? She probably just wanted to get them both out of the way for a moment.

They trade places, and fake Faith [real Nerissa] takes the bait and goes out to "cover" for the real Faith while mimicking her appearance. In the meantime, while fake Faith is out, the real Faith,now glamoured as Nerissa, rats her out to Georgie about their plan, pinning most of it on fake Faith, I'd assume.

And then when an unknowing fake Faith comes back from her job,and George kills her, thinking she was the real one. After that, having saved herself, the real Faith ,with Nerissa's appearance, takes fake Faith's head and places it on Bigby's doorstep, hoping that he could follow the lead , and take Crooked Man out and finally free her from him.

To me it seems that the real Faith did something really selfish to keep herself alive, at the cost of a friend's life. She seems to have planted evidence on her true Faith self as soon as she realized she was gonna get caught, and then asked an unknowing friend to take her appearance as favor to cover for a client. Then she backstabs her friend by taking her appearance and ratting her "fake self" out, letting her take the punishment in her stead. It seems her main priority was to save herself.

• This does make the most sense, but as I was pondering it last night I came across a thought. Why wouldn't Nerissa just tell Bigby she was glamoured as Faith when they first "met" at the beginning of Episode 1? The ribbon's magic wore off and The Crooked Man has been dealt with, so really they're would be nothing stopping her from telling Bigby that she was glamoured as Faith in the first place.

However, she WOULDN'T tell Bigby she's actually Faith and not Nerissa because in the Fabletown records she's already marked as deceased, and if anyone found out the secret would potentially slip out and show to all of Fabletown that she was (pretty much) lying about what she said as Nerissa to The Crooked Man; and the residents of Fabletown would begin to lose more Faith (heh;) in their already shabbled Fabletown government. So she keeps the secret to herself. That would be my only argument I have against this theory.

Rob_K posted: »

One possibility is that Nerissa is actually Nerissa. However, she was glamoured as Faith in episode 1.

• I like the mystery it leaves, it's a great reminiscence of the Fable series as a whole.

That1Guy posted: »

Well, it would be GREAT if TTG actually EXPLAINED the ending...

• Assuming it was actually Faith dead, the mirror might not have been able to find her because she was in two places at once; head and body

Skiba7671 posted: »

Faith has to be glamoured as Nerissa. There is no other reason the mirror wouldn't be able to find Faith. It showed her father when he was dead.

• Did we ever find out what TJ was talking about during the "interrogation" bit in Episode 2, where he was swimming and then someone said "Stop Laughing" or something along those lines?

• That's what it seems the ending was hinting at, but the "Nerissa Glamoured as Faith" in Episode 1 does make a lot of sense too.

Maybe Bigby realized that Nerissa was actually Faith in disguise the whole time?

• In any case, the Nerissa as Faith theory is rock solid. It explains everything, has a plausible motive, and no holes other than that final flashback sequence. Meanwhile, the Faith as Nerissa theory has no motive (why would Faith need to hide once the Crooked Man was taken care of?), and doesn't make sense (why would Nerissa be glamoured as Faith? It would have to be done before she died since Georgie thought he was killing Faith). It's just lazy writing to leave us with a mystery that has no motive and requires additional information to make sense of and I refuse to believe that's what Telltale has done. Maybe Nerissa as Faith is wrong, but I think Telltale has given us all the pieces we need to get the correct answer.

I was just looking at that final transcript, and you're right that it implies that Faith is still alive. Here's my explanation. We're basically hearing Bigby's thoughts and recollections. By the end of the episode, Bigby definitely thinks that Nerissa is Faith. But what if he's wrong? It's happened before. He thought Crane was the killer at one point, for example. Bigby knows something is up, but he cares about Faith. Perhaps his wishful thinking is clouding his better judgement.

So what, we should just ignore it? She hid herself again, that is the point.

• Yeah, I believe in the "Nerissa glamoured as Faith in EP1" theory. Mostly because the final statistics at the end of the game confirms that Faith is "Deceased".

That's what it seems the ending was hinting at, but the "Nerissa Glamoured as Faith" in Episode 1 does make a lot of sense too.

• In episode 4, before entering the Crooked Man's office, you can hear a conversation going on in which Georgie tells Jersey Devil to stop laughing.

Did we ever find out what TJ was talking about during the "interrogation" bit in Episode 2, where he was swimming and then someone said "Stop Laughing" or something along those lines?

• I believe its implied that Faith COULD be Nerissa, but not necessarily. Wolf Among Us is about identity, how it changes, how one person may not be as they seem in the great context of the story.

The ending pulls a Bladerunner where Bigby is left to question what's real and what isn't, or if his perception of what is real has been a lie all along. So it is always open to interpretation.

• I'd like to think of that last stats part as a sort of "Going over the Fabletown Records" and not just a "These are all the characters and what you did to them" sort of thing. Meaning that game is kind of telling you: "There's no evidence that Faith is alive, but that doesn't mean she isn't. wink wink" Honestly if Telltale DIDN'T mark her as deceased that would sort of take that extra layer of mystery out of it, imo.

Yeah, I believe in the "Nerissa glamoured as Faith in EP1" theory. Mostly because the final statistics at the end of the game confirms that Faith is "Deceased".

• That seems far more coincidental and not entirely related to the whole TJ situation.

• edited July 2014

One thing everyone seem to forget is that they found Faiths head. Her, fucking head. Even if it's glamoured it sooner or later should disappear just as Lilly's glamour did.

Faith is dead. Nerissa was Glamoured as Faith in episode 1 and "recruited" him to help cause of Faiths head at the doorstep. Georgie was the one who killed her by removing her ribbon. He even admits in the end, but that he did it all as part of the Crooked mans orders.

• edited July 2014

Honestly? It could be either Faith or Nerissa at the end. Both theories make sense and there's enough missing/potentially false information to make both of them viable.

The "Faith-is-Nerissa" theory doesn't explain her animosity towards Prince Lawrence if you saved him, there's absolutely no interaction between them even if he's present at the end. Furthermore, Nerissa and Faith have completely opposite personalities apart from the same muttered phrases. Faith is notably bolder (i.e. pressing the Woodsman's axe into the back of his head with her heel) and Nerissa is meeker (i.e. taking abuse in silence and requiring Bigby to defend her from Georgie's insults.) Even after the Crooked Man is defeated, Nerissa's personality is a far cry from the Faith we saw in Episode 1. Also, when Bigby first meets Nerissa, he asks if her legs are a glamour and she says, "No, they're real. Do you like them? They cost me a lot."

The "Nerissa-is-Faith" theory doesn't explain why Dr. Swineheart has so much difficulty in testing the head since it doesn't make much sense unless it were glamoured or otherwise tampered with. It's also rather heavily implied by the very nature of Faith's story that she would hide to escape the kingdom and the final voice-over at the end of "See you around, Wolf" seems to suggest that it's Faith rather than Nerissa. While that seems pretty conclusive that Telltale want us to think it's Faith, they do have a tendency of turning expectations around and making deceptively obvious plot twists (i.e. Snow's head in episode 1).

I think it could be either of them, though I'm a personal of fan of the "Nerissa-is-Faith" theory.

• Not until the glamour-token has been opened.

And if the faith that was killed was really narissa,y didnt the head turn back like the snow to lilly body did?

• edited July 2014

If Faith disguised herself as Narissa, this would defeat the purpose of her knowing so much details of what the Crooked Man told Narissa. At this point, Narissa already knew Georgie want them dead. Who would switch identitys then? Besides, would Narissa even be able to tell Faith what was going on with the whole curse thing?

Still, i'm also not convinced that Fait in Ep1 is not Faith. They got observed! And the only one to suspect who would have an interesst, speaking with authorities as a disguised person which was supposed to be death at the time, after witnessing one of their friends death, would be Narissa. She would have been taken care of quick. And there is still the thing with the money you give Faith, which lands in Georgies safe. Also, Bigby has a good nose. How wouldn't he be able the sniff that narissa smells the same as faith?

I believe that Faith is Faith in Ep 1, and Narissa is Narissa in Ep5. In Ep4, i actually tought the lines about the ribbon where part of the spell. Some kind of "advertising joke", since Faith and Narissa share the line. I'm starting to think, it's something bigger. There has to be an 3rd option.

• As the example of Lilly shows, glamours wear off after the glamoured person gets killed. Faith couldn't have glamoured Nerissas head as her own to switch! Yes it's not reported what happens to the head afterwards and the glamour only wears off after some time but don't you think someone would have noticed a head switching to a completly different person? And if not it would be a very loose end of storytelling..."and the head disappeared and everything worked out...somehow!"

TommyW posted: »

faith and Nerissa were not the same person at first after faith left you the night she got beat up something happened Nerissa got ki

• edited July 2014

Well if that's the case, just Bigby's wishful thinking then Telltale pulled pretty lame thing on us. And I would call Nerissa as Faith theory anything but rock solid, but I don't really care about it that much anymore to argue and defend my convictions in detail.

I'll just say that it has been proven that "Faith" - the girl whose head we find was killed after Bigby's encounter with Faith at Woodsmans apartment, so she haven't been killed before episode even started as that theory about it being Nerissa suggests. Faith was definitely alive at that point and Lily's note thanked Faith, not Nerissa for covering that shift at Woodsman for her. This seems pretty solid to me. Besides whole fable story of Faith regards the fact that she hides her identity and escapes.

mosfet posted: »

In any case, the Nerissa as Faith theory is rock solid. It explains everything, has a plausible motive, and no holes other than that final f

• Its completely logical that real Nerissa took the blame and decided to switch same as Vivian decided to take her life and free the other girls.

Mediin posted: »

If Faith disguised herself as Narissa, this would defeat the purpose of her knowing so much details of what the Crooked Man told Narissa. At

• edited July 2014

i think that either way can be true and that telltale will either leave it there for dramatic effect or keep us in suspense until a second season

nerissa could have glamoured as faith and be real, as people are saying it makes sense, or the wolf could be wrong also makes sense
    but i think the other (that nerissa has been faith all along) could also be true

this is just my opinion
    but the first time wolf met faith he said "you look familiar" and i happened to agree with him
    she looked alot like snow
    this is why crane wanted her for his fantasy thing like lilly
    she was glamoured like snow

it could be possible that like she said in the ending they all wanted out, but maybe faith didnt want to take a picture to use against the crooked man, like she said, she was scared

so nerissa could have glamoured herself as faith (snow) then take the picture but
    faith who is objectively in on it, has a change of heart and trying to "save herself and beg mercy for nerissa" glamours herself as nerissa and tells georgie -
    (if she told georgie as faith, georgie would know she was in on it if she let nerissa go in her place)
    so in that case even georgie would think he killed faith

not saying i think this, im kind of back and forth between theories, this is just a possible explanation for that theory

all the possible explanations for this are a little far fetched but so is the ending to be honest

there may possibly never be an explanation for the ending, we may just have to take the ending as it is -
    a mystery
    all arguments are valid (in my opinion)

• edited July 2014

Nerissa/Faith lied about the fact she heard The Crooked Man giving the order and was pretty self confident at the hearing, its obvious she and Lawrence are long over so I don't see a problem there. That is called acting aparently she is really good with that.

• I believe you guys are thinking way to hard. Its simple. if you had multiple play thru like I had you'd have all the information instead of trying to fill in the blanks with theories. Its very simple. Lily, Faith, and Nerissa were behind the whole thing. They wanted to create change in fabletown and stop the corruption in the form of not only The Crooked Man brought to justice, but Crane as well. Nerissa's dialogue during the epilogue is riddled with a idea of change and how she believes in Bigby and Snow. They are what Fabletown needs, this echos throughout the last scene. As seen in photo after photo after photo. They were all very close and to think Nerissa would just rat them out and think nothing would happen is very out of character. If she was smart enough to constantly give Bigby clues, she is smart enough to know how Georgie would react. So its very simple, I want to give my say on why I'm positive, this is canon.

[PART 1]
    Faith, Nerissa and Lily would take matters into their own hands and decide to not only take down the Crooked man, but Crane in a means to save Fabletown from the corruption and state that it's currently in. It's my belief that Faith and Lily sacrificed themselves in order to get the attention of Fabletown. Nerissa's part of the plan was to make sure Bigby stay on the right track. Looking at the evidence I would say that the real Faith was at woody's apartment that night because she was in fact wearing her ring, and when her head was found later that night, she had all of her bruises she suffered from the fight with the woodsman. I would suspect that if she was glamored before or after in anyway, (whether it be Nerissa becoming Faith before episode 1 or Faith becoming Nerissa after the beating) her severed head would not have the same matching bruises. If you interrogated Woody, you find out that Lily was suppose to have met him that night in the apartment for he regularly saw her, but instead Faith was sent. Admitting he just lost it and attacked her would have me believe that Faith was only there to start the brawl so she can meet Bigby. After the skirmish with the Woodsman, Bigby meets Faith who speaks very mysteriously to the point that you really have no real understanding how the fight really begun and why she was really there. She was only there because it was apart of the plan. She mentions two things in her dialog that is evident that she was knew what was going to happen later. If Bigby makes the notion that maybe it is her he should be arresting, she respond with "I'm not going to be doing this for much longer, so now's your chance." informing Bigby that she isn't going to be around later. The second thing she mentions, is the meeting at his apartment. Instead of going to his office, she makes certain that he goes home so that when she is killed, Nerissa can place her head at his steps so that he can discover it instead of the other residence of Fabletown, because like Nerissa mentions in epilogue, nobody at the law offices cares, they just fade, cause that's how the world wants it.

• Very true, but why bother keeping the act up? The danger's passed, the Crooked Man is defeated. As for the self-confidence at the hearing, that seemed more like vindication than the temper Faith showed in Episode 1. For Lawrence, again that's true, but he's a manic-depressive and suicidal wreck. She left him a note apologising and it just struck me as odd that they never interacted. Not even at Lily's funeral with a small, private audience. My main issue is with the episode where Crane confronts Nerissa. She's sobbing and crying while this weasly little man shakes her and screams. To me that just doesn't seem like the Faith who swung an axe into the Woodsmans head, y'know? I get where you're coming from though, absolutely.

Nerissa/Faith lied about the fact she heard The Crooked Man giving the order and was pretty self confident at the hearing, its obvious she a

• Actually just the opposite. The glamour on Lily's body stays in effect until Bigby discovers it and opens the glamour tube. Only then does she revert back to her original form.

kforkayo posted: »

As the example of Lilly shows, glamours wear off after the glamoured person gets killed. Faith couldn't have glamoured Nerissas head as her

• I think that's the simplest and most "accurate" hypothesis. Nerissa-as-being-Faith (thus, Faith being alive because Nerissa was killed instead because she was thought to be Faith by Georgie) is simply refuted by the Glamour wearing off after the its wearer's death. It MIGHT still be possible if it takes a while and nobody would notice the head to be turned into Nerissa. But, due to balance of probabilities that seems unlikely.

So Nerissa glamoured as Faith to get to know Bigby (because, you know, otherwise they "suffer in silence"), glamoured back and put the head of the long-being dead real Faith at the stairs.

Acid_rain82 posted: »

I think Faith was already dead before episode 1 , Nerissa pretended to be Faith to point Bigby in the right direction

• edited July 2014

I think the one constant that can be agreed on is that the "Faith" we met in Episode 1 is "Nerissa" from Episode 2 on. The real question is determining which identity was the "real" one and thats where the disagreements are coming from. Even reading through this thread, I found myself wavering between the two theories and even what I originally deduced after finishing the episode myself. The best (or worst) part of this is that there is significant evidence to actually support both theories and that's just stellar writing there.

Personally, the side that I find myself on ultimately lied with the theory that had fits the narrative and story slightly better than the other (and when I say "slightly" I REALLY mean slightly) and thats that Nerissa was the "Faith" that we met in episode 1. It was where she said the injury occurred while climbing the fence that really sealed it for me (that and the notion that I really don't think the Black Magic Glamour would have been able to conseal the beheaded head of the one who died for that long). That and its easier to for that theory to work than it is for the alternative to fit.

It's also easier to believe that the meek Nerissa could pretend to be Faith than it is for the bold Faith to pretend to be Nerissa (specifically with what happens with Crane).

Edit: But one little clue that points towards the other theory that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Nerissa's reaction after the Crooked Man is thrown down the well (I imprisoned him so I only just now saw what happens when you throw him down via Youtube). She gives this little aside look of guilt when Faith's name is mentioned but not when Lilly's is (though you can also easily argue that this had to do with what she tells you later).

• Thats exactly what im saying. I still say that when "faith" met bigby,it was already narissa and Faith was dead. Theres a point in narissa and bigbys last convo where she tells him she tried to warn lilly,but she wasnt at her regular appointment. Now u go back to the beginning,woody was complaining that it wasnt supposed to be faith who showed up. So i think that then was narissa as faith trying to warn lilly who was supposed to be with the woodsman.

Rizefall posted: »

One thing everyone seem to forget is that they found Faiths head. Her, fucking head. Even if it's glamoured it sooner or later should disapp

• Not really an argument against because she basically tells Bigby that she was Faith when they first met by saying the line "You're not as bad as everyone says you are". You can tell Bigby understands what that means by his surprised expression.

This does make the most sense, but as I was pondering it last night I came across a thought. Why wouldn't Nerissa just tell Bigby she was gl

• I'd more chalk it up to plot convenience than cause and effect. It's not like someone was going to come running to Bigby and tell him that the glamour fell apart and that it was a troll glamoured as Snow. The player had to be there for the transformation and what better time to do it than after you finished inspecting the body? The opening of the glamour tube and the change back wasn't immediate anyway, so it never struck me as a thing.

Jmitch posted: »

Actually just the opposite. The glamour on Lily's body stays in effect until Bigby discovers it and opens the glamour tube. Only then does she revert back to her original form.

• In the fairy tale, Lawrence sees her for her real self even through the disguise. He would probably notice Faith glamoured as Nerissa. Besides, why would Faith leave Lawrence for no real reason and see him again at the end without so much as flinching. Nerissa didn't even seem to notice Lawrence. The story just doesn't make sense if it's Faith glamoured as Nerissa.

TommyW posted: »

yes and faith cleverly slips away just like she did in the fairy tail lol

• This is the best theory so far. It's up to you what you believe. If you walk away and not follow the girl then Bigby just lights up a cigarette and you're left with the memory of Faith's last words. On the other hand if you follow her you give credibility to the theory that it's been Faith all along and not Nerissa.

I believe its implied that Faith COULD be Nerissa, but not necessarily. Wolf Among Us is about identity, how it changes, how one person may

• Or possibly Faith has been dead all along, and the woman you spoke to in the beginning of the story was actually Nerissa.

diain posted: »

This is the best theory so far. It's up to you what you believe. If you walk away and not follow the girl then Bigby just lights up a cigare

Sign in to comment in this discussion.