The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Ending - Did y'all just forget this part?

Comments

• I'm not basing it on the blood, I have never mentioned that, I really love when people jump to conclusions like this.

Replay the game, pay attention to all information about Faith, especially in episodes 1 and 2 and work out the timeline, you obviously won't believe me otherwise and I'm too lazy to get into explaining the evidences for the hundredth time and list every single thing out right now.

ultraddtd posted: »

It's not proven that the girl died after the first scene of the game. Where are you getting that? The blood? That wasn't from the head, but

• edited July 2014

• Replay the game if you have time, okay? Actually I'll probably do so myself, it will be great experience to play entire game in one or two takes now, when there are no more month-long pauses between the episodes.

ultraddtd posted: »

Or it was. The evidence points either way.

• I know what evidence you're talking about. I did a huge list somewhere. Episode 1 has some evidence, episode 2 has quite a lot along with episode 3, episode 4 has some, episode 5 is an evidence compiler.

I'm not basing it on the blood, I have never mentioned that, I really love when people jump to conclusions like this. Replay the game, pa

• To know the actual truth, every glamour tube is suppossed to be open

• Why would whoever glamoured Nerissa's head as Faith deactivate the glamour tube? Yes it would turn off the glamour effect if it was deactivated.

Your saying that if the person being glamoured died, their glamour would go away after some time. That's not true. Bigby opened Lily's glamour tube which in turn changed her appearance back to her true form.

What difference does it makes if wears off or is deactivated? Isn't the result –the person not being glamoured anymore– not the same? And if

• Ah, now I understand what you mean with "deactivating". It's not some automatic proccess, it has to be done manually by something or someone. So, just to be absolutely clear: Death does NOT mean the glamour will "go away", it MUST be deactivated by someone nevertheless?

RunRunRun posted: »

Why would whoever glamoured Nerissa's head as Faith deactivate the glamour tube? Yes it would turn off the glamour effect if it was deactiva

• Fake? what do you mean with fake? You are making this up.

TommyW posted: »

* (But wouldn't have Georgie known if had killed Nerissa or Faith? He seemed pretty sure that he killed Faith). He was sure and that's h

• Same thing with Lily. And we know that she was death cause her body was in the other room.

Razerhdd posted: »

Also to add more to the point........ Bigby: Show me......show me Faith. Magic Mirror: Through powerful magic her whereabouts conceale

• It didn't show Lily's body but instead repeated the line "These lips are sealed".

Mirror can definitely show dead people, it showed skeleton of Faiths father, it is most probably due to the fact that Faith was alive and glamoured as Nerissa or maybe the ribbon she wore prevents it from seeing her.

• edited July 2014

That is right! It's probably due to some spell, I guess. I always thought that her lingerie looked suspiciously similar to a ribbon, It was of same shade of pink and with the same tie, but it might be a red herring, it seems that Telltale threw a lot of them in our direction in this game.

LukaszB posted: »

It didn't show Lily's body but instead repeated the line "These lips are sealed".

• If you remember where you've posted that list, please point me out there, I'd like to see it.

I know what evidence you're talking about. I did a huge list somewhere. Episode 1 has some evidence, episode 2 has quite a lot along with episode 3, episode 4 has some, episode 5 is an evidence compiler.

• that actually explains why Woody was pissed off at her for not recognizing him

Rob_K posted: »

One possibility is that Nerissa is actually Nerissa. However, she was glamoured as Faith in episode 1.

• Ok so people were under the ribbon spell so they couldn't tell people what was going on. Nerissa has a different colored ribbon than everyone else. This indicates she is different. Georgie was even wrong about who Faith was because he said "she is the first one" and Vivian removed her ribbon saying that would break the spell. However, if Vivian was "Faith" then theirs your second faith already. Plus at the end Nerissa had the same bag full of jewels that Jack was taking. Finally, the real faith has a cloak that she can hide from people with, everyone has their items on them (like the woodsman and his axe) so she was using that.

• edited July 2014

From what were shown in the game, yes. The two experiences we have with glamour are when Bigby opens the glamour tubes to deactivate them. I don't know about the comics though. I don't think it was ever established even in the dialouge between characters what happens to the glamour after someone dies for some time

-edit- well besides the fact that lily was dead before she was found. so i guess we can say that's what happens: nothing.

Ah, now I understand what you mean with "deactivating". It's not some automatic proccess, it has to be done manually by something or someone

• My only problem with the head being glamoured is that in reading the Book of Fables about glamour tubes it specifically says "Two downsides of this type of glamour is that totally unique appearances are completely impossible, and the nature of the vessel makes it quite unstable." So unless Narissa could afford or already had a regulated, expensive glamour then I don't think the bruises could have been exact. Plus, the glamour would have had a better chance of of breaking, considering the instability of the tubes, if one was used.

• I didn't realize the bag thing... Interesting. Vivian "being the first" is because it's her story. We don't know for sure whether "Nerissa" is wearing a magic ribbon, or who was glamoured as who.

Sudden inspiration, by the way, when thinking about losing heads: The story of the headless, Crane-haunting horsemen and rumors about his different incarnations are featured in the Book of Fables. So should we go toootally crazy and think of a ribbon covering that someone... already lost his head? :-) (Okay, that'd be weird.)

xbigb78x posted: »

Ok so people were under the ribbon spell so they couldn't tell people what was going on. Nerissa has a different colored ribbon than everyon

• I have heard a theory that Bloody Mary Used bigby in order 2 take out CM, so she could take over fabletown. I don't know if that would work, but i do think that her similarities with Faith/Nerissa & her voice being heard at the end, may have more 2 do with the story than people think.

• Her motive would be that she's extremely in debt to the Crooked Man and she's enslaved by him.... How is that not a motive?
    Nerissasa posted: »

This theory actually makes sense. It really doesn't make sense for Faith to be glamoured as Nerissa without a motive.

• It's not her voice at the end, it's Faith's voice.
    Missme4ever posted: »

I have heard a theory that Bloody Mary Used bigby in order 2 take out CM, so she could take over fabletown. I don't know if that would work,

• " I don't think Faith would do that to Lawrence, either, leaving him believing his wife had died. "

This is the greatest piece of evidence to support that it was Nerissa the entire time. It's actually what has convinced me of the theory as I was onboard with it was Faith the entire time at first.
  • Right? I thought of that as soon as I read that people were thinking Nerissa was actually Faith. And what I mean about the glamour tube isn't that it has to be on the body, I just meant it would have been noticed. If someone had seen the tube, don't you think one's curiosity would be to open it? Then the head would return to it's normal form. Sorry for not specifying that. I was in a hurry that day! :D

keredd1010 posted: »

" I don't think Faith would do that to Lawrence, either, leaving him believing his wife had died. " This is the greatest piece of evide

• edited July 2014

Amazing! I came here to look for explanation of the ending scene and I found a mystery. Some reviewer reviewed this game as more of a melodrama than mystery, boy is he wrong (for the real mystery happened off screen not solvable in-game).

I've skimmed through pages of discussion and found myself agreeing with Faith still alive and running around as Nerissa theory. I am not going to restate points made here (lazy lol) it would seem Faith is the one with the dexterity to pull off this whole disguise thing.

Until the end "Faith"'s body was never found (probably sunken down some river like Lily's would have been if not for TJ) so she could've still have the glamour tube intact this whole time (or otherwise it may be kept by Faith playing Nerissa) which would explain the head remains as Faith. (and besides we've seen "Faith"s head once and that's it. Possible reason why they swap and all have also been dealt with.

What I find curious though, is Nerissa's voice! Nerissa (Faith in disguise) told Bigby she was known as the Little Mermaid. Asuuming she spoke of the truth and the real Nerissa was the little mermaid, when Bigby asked whether the legs are glamour she said no. Nerissa (Faith in disguise) said that she got those at great cost and we all know what the Little Mermaid exchanged for to get those legs --- Her Voice.. It's really curious then why would she have her voice with her. And how could the real Nerissa have communicated with the other girls or Georgie as a matter of fact. Reading from the book of fables it suggests that the story happened AFTER the mermaid found out about the prince marrying another princess. Isn't she supposed to jump into the sea and turn to foam? Perhaps the story writer have overlooked this.

We've never met the other 2 girls prior to their death. Perhaps the real Nerissa could only communicate via writing, which could potentially support the case that the Nerissa we met is indeed Faith. But she is not very shy about speaking in presence of others. Hmm..

• nah shouldn't feel bad for him. I've tried everything I can to help him. I stole Crane's money and gave it to him. And yet he didn't come up with the glamour. Oh sorry it's scripted he had to leave :( I hate it too man. Besides he lied about having the cost of having the whole family glamoured when there's only him and TJ. Really wish we can steal some of those glamours for him.

koban4max posted: »

man i feel bad for toad.

• The "Faith All Along" argument seems to have more clout for better reasons besides the discussed evidence. Nerissa's "unhappy ending" and Faith's mastery of disguise suit this argument, and the narrative highly implies Faith's survival at the end of the game, as Sergej clarifies above.

Shut_Up_Ben posted an interesting request for a timeline, but when you get down to it, so much of what we know relies entirely on what people said, and not as often on what Bigby found. For example, the Nerissa we meet at the end claims that Faith essentially instigated the events that followed by getting that photo to get some leverage on Crane and the Crooked Man, but how much of that statement is trustworthy? How much do we really know about how that photo was taken, when it was taken, when Lily was actually killed, and so on?

• You forget that if it was Nerissa that night with Woody she would have that bruise on her eye and not Faith.
    Faith's head had that bruise on her eye from that night with Woody.
    If it wasn't Faith that night and Faith died earlier she wouldn't have the bruise.

keredd1010 posted: »

" I don't think Faith would do that to Lawrence, either, leaving him believing his wife had died. " This is the greatest piece of evide

• The head is the problem with both theories, whether it was Nerissa or Faith. The fact that really can't be disputed is that the girl in the beginning of the game and the girl at the end are the same person, meaning that the head didn't belong to the one we saw getting beat up by the Woodsman, as it is that person with whom Bigby speaks in the final scene.

Bruises on the severed head could be a plot hole which remained when they decided to change the story afterward or there could be some other possibilities... I have a few theories myself and I saw that other people also have quite a few of them.

• It took me a day to come up with that conclusion. My first thought was Nerissa is faith, but it didn't make enough sense. Until I thought of it the other way around. She did reveal she started all of it.

Rob_K posted: »

One possibility is that Nerissa is actually Nerissa. However, she was glamoured as Faith in episode 1.

• I thought he was pissed because no one remembered him for beating The Big Bad Wolf.

that actually explains why Woody was pissed off at her for not recognizing him

• edited July 2014

Jumping in here, but do we know if Faith was ever one of Crane's regulars?

If only Crane just went after women who kinda matched Snow's profile, then it wouldn't be so murky as we'd have a reason for Nerissa to Glamour as Faith and cover a shift.

They were arguing in that photo as well, so likely a reason for Faith to get rid of her. Maybe Nerissa told Faith?

Cigarette brand may help as well.

But Faith was covering for Lily the night she died, so it wouldn't make much sense for Nerissa to be the one at the apartment unless they were devoted craftsmen who took covering shifts seriously.

And there's the 58 dollars in the safe.

Though Nerissa's the one who mentioned how Faith died, and we didn't get any backing from other sources.

But there's the Mirror thing.

Neither theory seems solid enough due to plot holes, but I'd like to think it was Faith all along, given her fable, and her one upping Bigby and walking away in the end sits well with my taste for Noir.

Though of course this would be so much more simpler if they just had Bigby smell everyone. I mean the dude could smell Snow from anywhere in the city if he didn't smoke, so he could probably just sniff that fabric at episode 1 and follow the trail.

• edited July 2014

Oops. (Double post)

• edited July 2014

Option 3:

The player is party to Bigby's jump to an incorrect conclusion. ;0)

But back to the other two options (Nerissa/Faith) If not for the matching bruises it would make sense. More sense for Faith to have been the real Faith in the first scene and the real Faith glamoured as Nerissa in the final scene (more poetic) and the head to have been Nerissa's head glamoured to look like Faith. Faith is leaving her husband (and maybe lied her ass off about everything to maintain the pretence (maybe orchestrated the whole thing (to the point of even setting it all in motion) to get herself out of her existing predicament)).

Ultimately it's a twist ending that gives the player a reason to re-play the game doing his own detective work.

• Well I imagine Georgie beat up Faith a bit before pulling the ribbon. So Narissa busted open the jewelry box, nabbed Faith's ring, glamoured up and went over to Woody's, pissed him off to ensure that Bigby drops by.

• Please help me clear one thing out of my head!

The last words you hear are :" see you around wolf"

Arent those too the words of Bloody marry ? Is there a way that maybe she is glamourd as larissa? She was his personal hit man and bodyguard always by his side so of course she would have know if he gave the order. What if she just used the trial time to glamour? All the fake bloody marrys died the same way so can we know he killed the real one? Or am I just wrong and she never says that...

• Yeah pretty sure the spell is only completely broken when the original dies. So if Vivian's ribbon was pulled then you should be able to use the mirror to properly see, but until then the spells still active on all the girls.

Spiked posted: »

Good points all round. Just a point that's been raised a lot re: the Mirror saying 'these lips are sealed' - I think if you interrogate Wood

• edited July 2014

A lot of people are saying that it has to be Faith because Faith was a master of disguise and it goes with her fable... but what about Nerissa's fable? Because she couldn't speak during her fable she'd have practice in being able to communicate things when she could not. Its how she's able to figure out how to talk to Bigby and point him to the scene at the Open Arms and how she tries to help him again in the office. So because she's able to do things like that perhaps it makes more sense that it's Nerissa.

Also when Georgie killed Faith perhaps he had Nerissa glamor as Faith to cover for her shifts so it wouldn't be so weird she wasn't there or alert/upset the customers. It'd be a lot less suspicious if she completed her shifts for the customers rather than a new random girl showing up.

Nerissa also never says her name is Faith. They looked it up in the books afterwards and only ASSUMED she was Faith. I like to think Nerissa was trying to be honest with the man that was going to help her in murder investigation or else there's just a whole bunch of unnecessary lies that don't really add up right.

• I'm having trouble seeing the purpose of these Nerissa is Faith idea. How does it matter? I mean it's not like Faith was Bigby's childhood friend.

• How do you explain her saying "I thought I could do this". Nerissa would never say the bold words. The conversation would be a whole lot smoother if it was really Nerissa. The stories of both girls point to Faith being alive. There are things that they would know about eachother, but personalities are their own. Faith is sneaky, manipulative, a liar, and a smart planner. Nerissa is smart when talking, calm, prefers waiting, and would sacrifice herself to protect those she cares about.

RavenTDA posted: »

A lot of people are saying that it has to be Faith because Faith was a master of disguise and it goes with her fable... but what about Neris

• I'm not sure what line of dialog you're talking about. You'll have to be more specific. But how do you know there's a personality difference when most people think Faith/Nerissa is the same person just glamored one way or another. If that theory is true you don't know a difference for sure and whether it's acting or not or just her particular mood. Also especially at the end during the Crooked Man trial (if he's there or not or otherwise) her boldness fluctuates. So I'm not sure that alone could be any real proof.

How do you explain her saying "I thought I could do this". Nerissa would never say the bold words. The conversation would be a whole lot smo

• The line of dialogue is when she talks about not having any friends left in episode 4. Faith is known to be a good planner, Nerissa is known to be able to communicate without talking.

RavenTDA posted: »

I'm not sure what line of dialog you're talking about. You'll have to be more specific. But how do you know there's a personality difference

Sign in to comment in this discussion.