Longest Journey Forums: 1 - TTG Forums: 0

edited September 2006 in General Chat
Look at this lovely (automated) email that the "The Longest Journey Forums" just sent me:

Hello Pvt._Public,

We at The Longest Journey Forums would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

It is obvious to me that the TLJ forum is much more polite and intelligent than this forum. Quite possibly more handsome too.

What? An excuse to see how many people I can get to wish me happy birthday? No... Would I do that? [:-"]

Also, what the hell is meant to be going on with this Smily? [>:D<]

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Bah! What an injustice! Yet one more reason why we have to get rid of this crappy forum software once and for all!

(Which we just happen to be doing in like two in a half weeks.)

Also, happy birthday. :D
  • edited September 2006
    Look at this lovely (automated) email that the "The Longest Journey Forums" just sent me:

Hello Pvt._Public,

Our forum chooses not to mock your increasing age ;)
  • edited September 2006

Hello Pvt._Public,

Our forum chooses not to mock your increasing age ;)

Speak for yourself. I totally want to make fun of him. :D

Of course, it's uh, kinda dumb to do so when your own birthday is only a couple of days away.... >_>

I'll just sing a very special birthday song:

happy birthday
    happy birthday
    misery and deep despair
    people dying everywhere
    happy birthday
    happy birthday
  • edited September 2006
    So uh, yeah, prolly should've said this sooner only Telecom thought it'd be nice to screw around with my internet connection for a few days.

For me, a birthday is a good thing 'cause I'm only 16 now. Which is good because I finally got to see Silent Hill the movie (which was only released about 3 weeks back in NZ). Personally, I liked it. A lot of people have complained about it but it's probably the best game to film adaptation I've seen. And a good film in its own right too. Although it probably could've used a little more explaining for those who haven't played the games (First thing one of my friends said to me when we walked out of the cinema was "So, what the hell was with the dude with the pyramid on his head and the big ol' sword?")

And no-one's told me what's going on here yet --> [>:D<]
  • edited September 2006
    [>:D<]
    The guy is spreading out his hands to hug you.
  • edited September 2006
    Bah! What an injustice! Yet one more reason why we have to get rid of this crappy forum software once and for all!

(Which we just happen to be doing in like two in a half weeks.)

Also, happy birthday. :D

What do you mean by "get rid of this crappy forum software once and for all!"?
    And yes, happy birthday.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    I mean there will be no more Telltale forum. Ever. We'll be stuck writing letters to one another and sticking them in the mail.

Except that's not really what I meant, at all. As for what I actually meant... well, you'll find out in a few weeks. :D
  • edited September 2006
    I mean there will be no more Telltale forum. Ever. We'll be stuck writing letters to one another and sticking them in the mail.

Except that's not really what I meant, at all. As for what I actually meant... well, you'll find out in a few weeks. :D

Some sort of new forum? That would be lovely, it's kinda confusing as is.
  • edited September 2006

Smoke Signals? No, wait, we're not cavemen. Flag Signals? From now on we can only communicate to each other with flag signals.

[>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<] [>:D<]
    To me this looks more like maybe Rayman is sneaking up behind him ready to snap his neck. Only he realises that as it's only a head it has no neck so he slowly drops his hands back. These however are fascinatingly peculiar --> b-( =P~ =:) [<):)] [\:D/] 8-|
Sign in to comment in this discussion.