Comments

• edited November 2006
    It's a good thing Sam & Max Culture Shock isn't sold in stores! who knows what would have happened. I surely would have run into a pole, lol
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    He wasn't exactly shot over a PS3. It wasn't like someone tried to steal his PS3 and he wouldn't give it up and that's why he was shot. He was shot because someone tried to mug him while he was standing in line and he wouldn't give up his money.

(Incidentally, if you're going to mug someone, going after a bunch of people standing around at 3:00 in the morning who you know have tons of cash in their pockets isn't a bad way to do it.)

Wal-Mart has a bad reputation of looking the other way when crime occurs outside their stores. There was a whole segment about it in the Wal-Mart documentary that came out last year (the title is escaping me at the moment). Seeing as management should have known there would be a big crowd of people standing outside their store at 3:00 in the morning with wads of cash in their pockets, I'd like to know where security was.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2006
    Was it the one on PBS?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

Although that was in 2004 so maybe not...

Just Googled:

This one?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Mel wrote: »
    Just Googled:

This one?

Yes, that was the one. It mostly discussed the bad treatment of their employees and the practice of taking over small towns and putting independent businesses out of business, but there was also a segment about Wal-Mart's refusal to increase security around their stores in spite of violent crimes (including rape and murder) occurring in their parking lots.
  • edited November 2006
    I just bought 4 hungry man tv dinners at wal-mart for 1.98 each :(

Oh and if you like the show "Will & Grace" (which my wife loves) or Malcom in the Middle, they seasons on sale for 19.99 (Canadianly speaking (hey I invented a word!))
  • edited November 2006
    On the news they showed cops shooting rubber bullets at the hysterical crowd. I believe that was in Fresno. Anyway, the release in Japan went much smoother. The people waited in line very calmly and polite. What a difference!

I wonder what'll happen here, when we get our release in March.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Sony should have released a proper amount, or waited until they had enough to release them. Or, since they didn't have enough ps3's to release, they should have sold them online until they did.

It's just a ploy to get people crazy about them.
    I'd rather have the Wii personally. It's more then half the price and neato!
  • edited November 2006
    I believe a link to this is in order: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212
  • edited November 2006
    Sum it up right there!
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
  • edited November 2006
    ah yes very true.
    I think wii owners want to actually play them too. ps3 owners just want to try and flip em for big cash.
    I mean it's not like the launch games for the ps3 are good. I can barely tell the difference between blu ray and normal dvd too.
  • edited November 2006
    Squinky wrote: »

Is that the site where Doug bought a t-shirt?

--Erwin
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Yes, and it's also the site where I bought a t-shirt.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.