Manga/Anime

edited October 2006 in General Chat
Here's something new..... Is anyone into Manga and/or Anime?
I'm not a big expert or anything and I've liked a couple of titles over the years, but recently I've rediscovered some old favourites, plus a couple new ones too. Thanks to the local public library I've been giving a bunch of manga books a go.
I thought it was neat how you have to read it all backwards and just the style of japanese comics.
The dragonball series is a good one I've really come to enjoy and from there I've tried "Dr. Slump " which is by the same author/Artist. It's really weird but I still tolerate it.
I've just started this title called "One Piece " which is apparently really huge in the Manga/anime world. (A pirate story which, so far, is kinda similar to Monkey Island. They even have Grog.)

As for strictly Anime, I've had a love for the City Hunter movies (haven't had a chance to see the Tv show).

That's pretty much it... Alot of this stuff can be really crazy, but I find some of it entertaining.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Not really into it.

But I got the first 3 books of the Battle Royale series free a few months back and they were quite cool!
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    For more fun/adventury/humerous anime, I reccomend Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.

Also Record of the Lodoss War is really fantastic. And if you didn't grow up with Robotech like I did, you must watch that. Or else.

(It's hard for me to consider Robotech Anime even because to me at the time it was just another cartoon -- only much, much better).
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    I like a bit of Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist here and there. I'm not exactly a devout anime fan, though.

Oh, and Sailor Moon, too. You can never go wrong with Sailor Moon. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    I also like Cowboy Bebop, but that's about it as far as anime TV shows go. Nothing else has really grabbed me.

Actually I just noticed that iTunes is playing the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack right now. Woo!
  • edited October 2006
    Full Metal Alchemist and Samurai Champloo. Pure bliss.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.