Playable demo in our booth at PAX Prime!

Hey guys!

Sharing here for those who don't keep up with the blog/Facebook/Twitter... we'll have the very first public, playable demo of Tales from the Borderlands in our booth at PAX Prime, AND some special PAX-exclusive t-shirts as well!

Alt text

More info in the blog post here. If you're in Seattle for the convention, come say hello! I'll be around. :)

Comments

• Dang! Wish I could be there. Are those shirts really exclusive? Like, if you don't show up at PAX you can't get them anywhere else?

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

REALLY really. Not even the folks at the Telltale office get these unless they're working the convention!

Dang! Wish I could be there. Are those shirts really exclusive? Like, if you don't show up at PAX you can't get them anywhere else?

• Will we be getting a trailer at PAX? O3o

• That sucks, it would have been sweet to get a Fiona or Rhys shirt.

puzzlebox posted: »

REALLY really. Not even the folks at the Telltale office get these unless they're working the convention!

We thought about releasing a special trailer for PAX, but realised we'd be able to make it significantly more awesome if we waited a little longer.

I'll try to make up for it with a bunch of pictures of the booth!

Will we be getting a trailer at PAX? O3o

• ...Okay :L

We thought about releasing a special trailer for PAX, but realised we'd be able to make it significantly more awesome if we waited a little longer. I'll try to make up for it with a bunch of pictures of the booth!

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Man oh man. The team has been working super hard getting ready for PAX to make something special, and I can't wait to hear what fans think of the demo. :D

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2014

For those of us who can't go, will those who attend be able to record video or will coverage mostly be written previews like E3?

We thought about releasing a special trailer for PAX, but realised we'd be able to make it significantly more awesome if we waited a little longer. I'll try to make up for it with a bunch of pictures of the booth!

• Looks awesome, very upset I can't be attending :(

I hope we'll be getting some more news about the game itself soon, I can't wait!

It'll be written stuff and video interviews, no gameplay footage. Basically we want everything to be 100% polished before we put out videos that will live on the internet forever.

For those of us who can't go, will those who attend be able to record video or will coverage mostly be written previews like E3?

I can't wait to see it myself!

stirpicus posted: »

Man oh man. The team has been working super hard getting ready for PAX to make something special, and I can't wait to hear what fans think of the demo.

• Looks exciting! Can we expect anything on Game of Thrones as well?

... Maybe. ;)

Looks exciting! Can we expect anything on Game of Thrones as well?

• Ohhh I hope we get the playable character revealed :D

Fingers crossed for another female protagonist so that since TWD we would have had even numbers of male and female ones!

... Maybe.

• edited August 2014

Yessss.

... Maybe.

• Oooohhh, cool! :)

... Maybe.

• Will try it out tomorrow :)

• edited August 2014

ok correct me if i'm wrong but from memory some important info was revealed for twau at pax 2013 and the first episode was released in october so maybe this is happening with borderlands too?

• Female Lead in GOT would be super cool. :D

• edited August 2014

So.... is there anything for us poor sods that can't go to PAX or don't even live on the same continent?
    Because as of right now I feel pretty much shafted living in Europe.
    Can't get a shirt, can't play the demo, don't get to see any gameplay.
    I feel pretty much the opposite of hype over here. :(

• Wait, so is the playable demo a part of the final game, or is it something that you guys created just for the sake of giving people some hands-on time?

• I feel the same ..

Talahar posted: »

So.... is there anything for us poor sods that can't go to PAX or don't even live on the same continent? Because as of right now I feel pre

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2014

I asked Puzzlebox about what we could expect in terms of coverage above, and she said that we can probably expect written coverage just like E3 - except in this case, it seems it will be from a wider audience and not just the gaming press.

Talahar posted: »

So.... is there anything for us poor sods that can't go to PAX or don't even live on the same continent? Because as of right now I feel pre

• If it's anything like the E3 Demo Telltale showed the press, it's probably a little bit of the first episode. The E3 demo showed the first 40 minutes, but given that this demo is public, it's probably a shorter sample.

Lucazzy posted: »

Wait, so is the playable demo a part of the final game, or is it something that you guys created just for the sake of giving people some hands-on time?

• I was a Fiona cosplayer at PaX 2015 - I couldn't make PAX 2014 due to being back in England..... Is there a way i can purchase a Fiona shirt?

• Those shirts where only available at PAX prime 2014 and in limited quantities so unfortunately there is no way to purchase them.

I was a Fiona cosplayer at PaX 2015 - I couldn't make PAX 2014 due to being back in England..... Is there a way i can purchase a Fiona shirt?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.