Wii Internet channel!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited January 2007 in General Chat
woooo! I'm posting this from my Wii. Pretty gratuitous, but still neat. Tge TTG site works pretty well, including Flash support!

Comments

• edited December 2006
    neat, our site is almost totally wii compatible :)
    (greetings from my wii, by the way)
  • edited December 2006
    I too am posting from my wii, wow the internet channel is pretty cool. I like the predictive text, it seems to make typing with the remote a little faster. Its also pretty neat that you all are doing this to, here i came to make a thead jut like this :)
  • edited December 2006
    And another message posted from a Wii here. The auto-complete feature is pretty cool.

Only problem I have is that my Wii freezes every time I visit my own site. :(
  • edited December 2006
    When I just turned mine on it didn't have the internet channel. I just started an update. Did you have to update? Is it totally awesome? I want to know!!!
  • edited December 2006
    You have to 'buy' it from the Wii Shop. It's free right now, though.
  • edited December 2006
    yes your opera browser will only work for 3 months or something like that before you will have to pay. (which is a bit of a pain really since I can just use my free internet upstairs. It is a tax on the lazy I guess)
  • edited December 2006
    From what I understand, if you download it now, it stays free forever, and people who download it after June 2007 will have to fork over 5 bucks. I could be wrong about this though, but that's how I've seen it written on Nintendo fan sites.

Edit: Yes, I was right: "The final version of the Opera browser will be available at the end of March 2007, and will be free for all Wii owners to download through the end of June 2007. After June, users who haven't already downloaded the Opera browser can go to the Wii Shop Channel to download it for 500 Wii Points." - http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=10823
  • edited December 2006
    hopefully by the time June comes everyone who wants a wii will be able to get one.
  • edited December 2006
    totally posting from my wii as well!
  • edited December 2006
    Alucard wrote: »
    hopefully by the time June comes everyone who wants a wii will be able to get one.

yeah, hopefully...
  • edited January 2007
    'nother Wii post here!!
  • edited January 2007
    It's rather neat that you can now post messages on Telltale's boards through your Wii. But more importantly, it'd be really neat if we could actually play Telltale's games through our Wiis. Hint hint. ;)
  • edited January 2007
    Oilers99 wrote: »
    It's rather neat that you can now post messages on Telltale's boards through your Wii. But more importantly, it'd be really neat if we could actually play Telltale's games through our Wiis. Hint hint. ;)

/me salivates

A Sam & Max channel. AFAIK, Ninty ended up sending Telltale a dev kit, didn't they? Frankly, I think S&M would be the ultimate TV game (well, second place to You Don't Know Jack on the Wii...). Not to mention the potential for parody...

"Hey Sam!"

"Yeah, little buddy?"

"I'm playing with my WIIIIIIII!"

"Not again; didn't I tell you that was unhygenic, not to mention the potential ratings problems that would cause the developers?"

"Sam, that's appalling! You know I bottled that stuff up an hour ago; I'm talking about this!" *gesticulates at the TV playing S&M* "See Sam, I now control your every move!"

"Suddenly I feel a burning desire to launch myself out of our window rather than face the humiliation that is sure to follow."

"Hee hee" *wave* *click*

"Max, why am I drinking the contents of the lava lamp?"

"Partially because I find it amusing, but mostly because I'm curious to see what happens when you drink that stuff..."

*glub glub*

"Dance puppet, dance!"

[ahem] 'Scuse me :p
  • edited January 2007
    Oh yes, that's nice Wii channel to have a web browser, and it works very well too. The pages load very fast also so it's kind of a big contradiction to that slow and lazy Opera DS.

I mainly use the Wii Opera for watching videos from the web. :)
  • edited January 2007
    Hi. Posting from my Wii! Got it today! This is neat. =)
  • edited January 2007
    Wii browse...
    Wii like...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.