Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• I wonder where they'll hide it in TFTB and GOT?

I think that's it! I was a bit disappointed that they did not also sneak in a Banang in the Drink Refrigerator at The Cut Above in Episode 4.

• I could see it appearing in TFTB, but I can't see it appearing in GOT as a processed drink in a medieval setting wouldn't make sense.

Well, maybe they could make Ye Olde Banang? I dunno...

dojo32161 posted: »

I wonder where they'll hide it in TFTB and GOT?

• I hope it makes an appearance of some type in GOT, but you're right, it wouldn't make sense in its current form.

I could see it appearing in TFTB, but I can't see it appearing in GOT as a processed drink in a medieval setting wouldn't make sense. Well, maybe they could make Ye Olde Banang? I dunno...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2014

Lawrence actually had a bit of variety if you went to his apartment first.

When Dee enters the room, Lawrence may do three different things based on whether or not you told him the truth about his wife.

If you told Lawrence a lie, he will simply stay in the chair while Dee searches his apartment and he'll live.

If you told Lawrence a half-truth, he will pull his gun out on Dee and demand to know what happened to his wife. This option also allows Lawrence to live.

Alt text

If you told Lawrence the truth, he will use the gun to attempt suicide once again. Bigby can either jump out of the closet to stop him and save his life, or if he waits too long, Lawrence will take his own life.

Alt text

• Damn. I think its good that there are so many options to save Lawrence, I really liked the little scenes with him.

Lawrence actually had a bit of variety if you went to his apartment first. When Dee enters the room, Lawrence may do three different thin

• In episode 2, if you look at the book of fables at the business office and click on Snow White, Bigby will say "I meant what I said Snow" in a very calm and kinda depressed (?) voice.

• Bigby can rub the magic lamp multiple times. Once in Ep. 1, once in ep. 2, but in Ep. 3, when you try to rub it, he will just shrug and look confused.

• edited October 2014

When Georgie is dying depending on your choices when he says if your going to kick him around a little if you were nice and say 'I'm not like that' he will say 'Prove it'. If you were bad to him he will say in a sarcastic voice 'Sure you're not'. If you hurt him and were evil to him he will say 'At least you're consistant'.

If you say 'No, your coming with me' at the end of Episode 4 to The Crooked Man you can reinforce this point when he offers you food in Episode 5.

About the Crooked Man's punishment- Nerissa wanted to throw him down the Witching Well,

Bluebeard probably wanted his head torn off,

Holly wanted his head torn off or thrown down the Witching Well,

Grendel wanted to rip his head off,

Greenleaf wanted to lock him up,

Beast wanted him locked up,

Snow wanted him locked up,

Beauty seems to throw him down the Witching Well,

Johann wants him thrown down the Witching Well.

Lawrence liked seeing his throat ripped out at the furnace and has pro-killing him.

Depending on what you did to Tweedle Dum if you leave Georgie you get different dialogue. If you spared Dum you get 'I won't be a killer', if you killed Dum you get 'I can't kill anyone else'.

In the fight at end of Episode 3 instead of throwing Dee at Mary you can throw him at the neon sign.

Johann is voiced by Terrance Macgovern who voiced Larry in The Walking Dead. Johann is a butcher, Larry died in a meat locker.

You can see a golden egg for The Crooked Man in the Tweedle's Office.

Bigby, Snow, Beauty, Beast, Tiny Tim, (Determinant) Dee and Dum and (if Faith is Nerissa or vice-versa) Faith are only people how appeared in all 5 Episodes.

• Wait, how do you know Snow wanted CM locked up? She seemed annoyed that Bigby was choosing CM's punishment but she never mentioned what she wanted done to him.

When Georgie is dying depending on your choices when he says if your going to kick him around a little if you were nice and say 'I'm not lik

• If you throw him down the Witching Well or rip his head off she looks sadly down and says 'Bigby?' concerned. If you kill him at the foundery she makes herself very clear.

• Here's a detail not everyone might know.

In Episode 1, in the office, you can see the Tarot cards on the table. If you pick up all three of them, you'll get an option to ask the mirror about the cards. However, it won't really answer anything.

• That's an interesting touch for Telltale to have added. I never thought to look at the Book in Episode 2 - or any episode after the first one, really.

werewolf7 posted: »

In episode 2, if you look at the book of fables at the business office and click on Snow White, Bigby will say "I meant what I said Snow" in a very calm and kinda depressed (?) voice.

• Episode 2 also has some Tarot cards, but they were dropped after that. If the rumors of a rewrite were true, I wonder what the Tarot card foreshadowing would have led to?

Here's a detail not everyone might know. In Episode 1, in the office, you can see the Tarot cards on the table. If you pick up all three of them, you'll get an option to ask the mirror about the cards. However, it won't really answer anything.

• edited October 2014

In episode 3, Bufkin's still upset that you told him to f*ck off in the business office in episode 1. XD

Another thing nobody has mentioned so far, Bigby has a picture of Red Riding Hood in his apartment; I find this really creepy and I don't know why he has that picture.

Also, it seems that Snow is the only one in Fabletown that isn't aware of Bigby's "feelings" towards her. Colin, Dee, CM, Woody and some of the other characters have indirectly mentioned that they know that Bigby has feelings for Snow White.

If you torture Woody at the interrogation, you'll have an option to apologize to him in episode 3.

Bigby's least favorite word in English is the B word. He gets really angry when you use that word in front of him. xD

Lawrence didn't know who Lily was before she died, he didn't even know if Faith and Lily were friends. (I find it kind of odd that he didn't know)

Most of you will be surprised to find out Snow White's voice actor is only 22 years old!

FABLES COMIC BOOKS SPOLER:
    Johann attends Bigby's wedding in the comics.

Mr. Toad has more than one kid.

Nerissa calls you pathetic if you don't answer her question about CM killing Vivian.

Prostitution is against the rules in Fabletown. There's a quote from Bigby 'You know prostitution isn't allowed here' but it was never used in the game.

• If you do nothing when your arm is broken Swinheart will fix it for you.

In episode 2 if you tell Snow you're glad she isnt dead in ep 4 when she comes up to you she will say Im glad your not dead

• In episode 2 at 207, you can see a pack of Huff n Puffs on the desk. Fast forward to episode 5, we see Sir Porgie with some Huff n Puffs. If you haven't played either spoilers: Georgie was the killer and smoked the same brand as Bigby.

• edited October 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKUmLoP-bI
    Very interesting dialoges that probably have to do with the original storyline or just what happened after EP1 with the story we know today

• Stayed the night in a holding cell? Punched out a cop at a crime scene and he won't press charges? I wish I could see what the original would've been like.

joshua007 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKUmLoP-bI Very interesting dialoges that probably have to do with the original storyline or just what happened after EP1 with the story we know today

edited December 2014

So boatmaster apparently got a scene working in episode 5 that had been scrapped and he took screenshots. I'd be able to show you a video of unused audio from that scene, but Mikon deleted his channel so the video no longer exists.

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

It looks like it was originally going to be an epilogue scene in which Bigby would roam around the Business Office for the last time and Bufkin would be there, flying around. It also looks like the tarot cards would make a reappearance. Bigby would talk to the Magic Mirror and he could ask about the various people and he'd be shown what became of them.

The unused audio that was originally on the Mikon video had Bigby asking for, The Tweedles, Aunty Greenleaf, Crane (which is who Bigby's talking about in the first screenshot), Beauty and Beast.

When he asks for the Tweedles, Dee is telling Dum that he won't "Get any if he doesn't use some leg"

When he asks for Aunty Greenleaf, she's apparently holding some sort of books and cooking what you would guess to be a potion.

When he asks for Beauty and Beast, it shows them having a bit of a disagreement, to which Bigby says "Just get a fucking divorce already."

There is also some unused audio for a final conversation with Bufkin and I would guess depending on how you talked to him or treated him he might say, "You know what? Fuck you."

Mikon described the scene in one of his comments on the deleted video:

I managed to get into the location. Bufkin was there flying around from one place to another, then sitting down in front of the Donkeyskin Cloak, found to the right of the area.

It's pretty interesting.

• Still asking myself ''had TTG not enough time left to make this scene 100% done?''

So boatmaster apparently got a scene working in episode 5 that had been scrapped and he took screenshots. I'd be able to show you a video of

• edited October 2014

I wish we could ask for Nerissa and Faith... Secrets revealed! LOL

I can remember that the mirror didn't show ''Faiths body'' because powerful magic... So maybe that ribbon thing lol, I think if you change in somebody els you don't have to take the ribbon off... Except if the neck is fatter then the other persons neck so...

So boatmaster apparently got a scene working in episode 5 that had been scrapped and he took screenshots. I'd be able to show you a video of

• edited October 2014

Also there was a Brannigan model in EP3

Cinderella had a important role this season because original on of her sisters was killed

The Boy Who Cried Wolf was Bigbys partner in the game and together they were working on the case... I assume you knew this

Stayed the night in a holding cell? Punched out a cop at a crime scene and he won't press charges? I wish I could see what the original would've been like.

• Yeah, I knew these. I believe there's also a Cinderella model in the game files as well.

Also there was a Brannigan model in EP3 Cinderella had a important role this season because original on of her sisters was killed The

• Next time On The Wolf Among Us

When you get to see Episode 2 scenes and all this scenes didn't happen, look close at Nerissa and she doesn't have a ribbon because original storyline

• That's right in the opening you see her walking and somebody on youtube has a video made when he replaced Beautys model with Cindys but I can't find it... It was made before the release of EP3 also
    Alt text

Yeah, I knew these. I believe there's also a Cinderella model in the game files as well.

• edited October 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyWAxcQXf8

Look this hasn't anything to do with the story but at 0:23, Unused dialog, 0:26 untill 0:30 LOL UNUSED DIALOG LOL!

edited January 2023

Here's the art for that step sister murder plot.

That's right in the opening you see her walking and somebody on youtube has a video made when he replaced Beautys model with Cindys but I can't find it... It was made before the release of EP3 also

• Does anyone know why he stopped making videos? Id really like to see that and the original Kenny vs Jane fight

• The purpose was to care about the murdered girls and allot of people... Don't realy care about Cinderellas sister that must

• Below in the thread you see a video when somebody used the files about Brannigan I note the time below in the video

• Here's an article that's pretty interesting.

6 things you might not know about TWAU

• I actually would really like to see the Cinderella plot. Not the Brannigan one because that goes off canon a lot, but the Cindy one would be really cool to see.

Also there was a Brannigan model in EP3 Cinderella had a important role this season because original on of her sisters was killed The

• If you go to Cranes Apartment first and see Jack, if you dont click him when he tries to run, Bigby will weirdly stop and Jack will turn and be like, "lol rekt"

• The lost cat! gasp

If you're a fan of pewdiepie you know what I mean

• edited October 2014

They're no rumors anymore. Telltale admitted it.

See THIS LINK for a PDF containing the slides Telltale presented at the GDC, you can see they changed a lot (Mike Stemmle even has a "TWAU version 1" posted as his major works on Linkedin).

Episode 2 also has some Tarot cards, but they were dropped after that. If the rumors of a rewrite were true, I wonder what the Tarot card foreshadowing would have led to?

• Yeah, I recently saw that. I got the impression the rewrite was further back than the Episode 1 to Episode 2 transition, though. I took it as they redesigned the gameplay/story to match the Walking Dead choice/consequence system earlier on.

They're no rumors anymore. Telltale admitted it. See THIS LINK for a PDF containing the slides Telltale presented at the GDC, you can see they changed a lot (Mike Stemmle even has a "TWAU version 1" posted as his major works on Linkedin).

• Why do I get the feeling choices would've actually mattered to the plot if Telltale didn't scrap the original storyline? Either way, I think it's safe to say that the original story sounds like it had way much more depth to it than the storyline we have today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIKUmLoP-bI Very interesting dialoges that probably have to do with the original storyline or just what happened after EP1 with the story we know today

• Whenever I see this thread, I sometimes feel sad. The reason why is because that TWAU could've been so much more if they hadn't cut a lot of stuff from the final game. I'm sure you guys feel the same way too.

• Yeah, I do. I'm still happy with the final product of course, but the original script always is a big "what if.." This is just reinforces my wishes for Telltale to not abandon this series when it has so much potential.

Whenever I see this thread, I sometimes feel sad. The reason why is because that TWAU could've been so much more if they hadn't cut a lot of stuff from the final game. I'm sure you guys feel the same way too.

• edited October 2014

The day Telltale abandons this series is the day Telltale fucks up entirely. >:(

Yeah, I do. I'm still happy with the final product of course, but the original script always is a big "what if.." This is just reinforces my wishes for Telltale to not abandon this series when it has so much potential.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.