Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• I was freaking out when I realised that Morrigan and Leliana are both 40 in DA:I

I don't know why but after playing games like mass effect and dragon age I find it curious to how old the characters are. Anyone else ever get that?

• If that's the case, I fail to understand "how".

Flog61 posted: »

* It's iconic.

• Alistair is in his early 30s by that time, Loghain is in his late 50s. Both are determinant, of course, since they both can die.

I don't know why but after playing games like mass effect and dragon age I find it curious to how old the characters are. Anyone else ever get that?

• Because boob-scarf.

Lingvort posted: »

If that's the case, I fail to understand "how".

• Cut her some slack, it's not like she has any other dress to wear.

Or has she? DUM DUM DUM

Because boob-scarf.

• Yeah...the Leliana/Morrigan romance thing is a glitch. You're gonna have to choose one over the other when you fill this out in the Keep.

In my case, I had a completely unwanted love triangle with Leliana and Alistair. Alistair seemed to have fallen head over heels in love with my Warden, when I'm pretty sure she never flirted with him. Maybe a bit, but in a friends sort of way. She was going right for Leliana.

Romance was kinda touchy in Origins.

* How did I deal with Connor?: I had Rowan do the blood ritual and killed the demon. Seemed like the right thing to do and thats what Isolde

• You can change the default state, I did to try nad make it seem good.

Also, I wanted to see the lore and how my choices would affect it.

Pipas posted: »

If you play without exporting it'll load Default world state. That world state was designed so after exporting the game would have as less r

• Damn well I will probably pick morrigan when the time comes. I wonder if they will mention what happened to the warden if he did the ritual then went with morrigan.

Yeah...the Leliana/Morrigan romance thing is a glitch. You're gonna have to choose one over the other when you fill this out in the Keep.

• edited November 2014

Leliana was around 26-28 in Origins, and Inquisition is 12 years later, so she's pushing 40. Cassandra is around the same age, from what we can work out with the timeline.

As for Inquisition, we've been told Solas is in his mid 40s, Blackwall is in his early 50s I believe, and Iron Bull is mid 30s.

• edited November 2014

I think folks who aren't caught up on the Extended Universe (books, etc.) might find this video helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXX3omLY_JM#t=35

• edited November 2014

Now that the Deluxe Edition soundtrack is out...we have more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVQmpv6e-A

Holy shitballs dem goosebumps.

• And this one was pretty damned cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8ZcIfLDUo

Now that the Deluxe Edition soundtrack is out...we have more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVQmpv6e-A Holy shitballs dem goosebumps.

• So origins was.... :O their origins xD

Leliana was around 26-28 in Origins, and Inquisition is 12 years later, so she's pushing 40. Cassandra is around the same age, from what we

• Because it matches her personality with the feathers and shit.

it's why she is the only one who can wear the robes, and the robes you can get by doing her personal quest look the same.

Lingvort posted: »

If that's the case, I fail to understand "how".

• Do we have that incredible orlesian dance music that played when they go to val royeaux for the first time yet?

Now that the Deluxe Edition soundtrack is out...we have more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVQmpv6e-A Holy shitballs dem goosebumps.

• edited November 2014

Do we have that incredible orlesian dance music that played when they go to val royeaux for the first time yet?

• edited November 2014

Disregard...

Do we have that incredible orlesian dance music that played when they go to val royeaux for the first time yet?

• So DAI has been banned in India because it has homosexuality in.

Isn't that super.

God I hate the world sometimes...

• So origins was.... :O their origins xD

• What specialization will you choose?

Specializations

Oh, and...

3 days...

Alt text

• 5 days. :C

Btw. did you saw my vids? What do you think? :)

What specialization will you choose? Specializations Oh, and... 3 days...

• Not sure about the choice of music in the first video and sometimes there can be heard background music (especially in Leliana shooting demons part), but otherwise pretty good.

And the second one is just awesome. :)

Tewudin posted: »

5 days. :C Btw. did you saw my vids? What do you think?

• Yeah, I tried my best with this background music but it was all I could do. Though i'm aware that the first one had some flaws , I'm glad that you like second one. ;)

Not sure about the choice of music in the first video and sometimes there can be heard background music (especially in Leliana shooting demons part), but otherwise pretty good. And the second one is just awesome.

• It wasn't banned where you live, so why worry about it?

So DAI has been banned in India because it has homosexuality in. Isn't that super. God I hate the world sometimes...

• edited November 2014

Because of sympathy?

We shouldn't only be concerned about discrimination/politics in our own country...

It wasn't banned where you live, so why worry about it?

• Huh, I heard it was banned because of boobs. Being banned because of homosexual content is...a lot worse.

So DAI has been banned in India because it has homosexuality in. Isn't that super. God I hate the world sometimes...

• GUYZ I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW! I CAN'T EVEN WAIT!

Alt text

So, lets start a discussion.

With the footage and info we've been given so far, who do you think you'll romance with? Why?

If you plan on doing multiple characters so they each have their own romance, put those down as well! XD

• edited November 2014

Unfortunately the video showing it appears to have been taken down...but after seeing Blackwall's introduction scene, Blackwall. Definitely Blackwall. Everything to come out of his mouth was gold.

GUYZ I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW! I CAN'T EVEN WAIT! So, lets start a discussion. With the footage and info we've been given so far, wh

• There's nothing I can do about a video game being banned in India, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape because of it. I guess I'm not a part of the royal "we."

Because of sympathy? We shouldn't only be concerned about discrimination/politics in our own country...

• My sister is also in love with Blackwall. XD I haven't read that much about him, I've had my heart set on Cullen for a while. So, I'm going with Cullen for my female Inquisitor, but Solas is coming close to being an awesome one too.

For a male Inquisitor, I don't know who I'd romance. Cassandra is a badass, her accent is super awesome too.

DAMN why didn't they make Varric a romance option!? I would've played a dwarf the whole damn game if it had been an option to romance Varric. XD

Unfortunately the video showing it appears to have been taken down...but after seeing Blackwall's introduction scene, Blackwall. Definitely Blackwall. Everything to come out of his mouth was gold.

• edited November 2014

There is things we can do. Complaints get noticed if enough people do it.

I don't know what you mean by the royal we here, but the royal we just replaces I, it doesn't say anything about society outside of antiquated aristocratic remnants of the past.

There's nothing I can do about a video game being banned in India, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape because of it. I guess I'm not a part of the royal "we."

• DAMN why didn't they make Varric a romance option!? I would've played a dwarf the whole damn game if it had been an option to romance Varric. XD

Heh, I feel you. I was rooting for him at first, was admittedly a little crushed when he was announced as unavailable again, haha.

Oh well, Blackwall will compensate for the lack of the other Paragon of Manliness.

My sister is also in love with Blackwall. XD I haven't read that much about him, I've had my heart set on Cullen for a while. So, I'm going

• Blah, I missed that. I'm curious about how he actually is, so mind giving a run-down?

• edited November 2014

I'm thinking I might make a female elf or Qunari and romance Sera. She seems completely insane and that appeals to me somehow. xD

GUYZ I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW! I CAN'T EVEN WAIT! So, lets start a discussion. With the footage and info we've been given so far, wh

• He's really...gruff, I guess. The image most people seem to have gotten is this constantly-serious 'Honour, honour, honour.' kind of guy - and while that is definitely partly true, literally one of the first things you hear him say is "Maker's balls!" He also appears to be a rather good motivator and commander of sorts. You basically meet him giving a speech to militia men and then leading them into a charge.

And perhaps my favourite line from him so far:

Inquisitor: "We need all the help we can get, but what can one Grey Warden do?"

Blackwall: "Save the fucking world, if pressed..."

thatguy787 posted: »

Blah, I missed that. I'm curious about how he actually is, so mind giving a run-down?

• Also, his voice actor is awesome. He almost sounds like Stannis Baratheon in Game of Thrones, just without the 'personality of a lobster' bit.

He's really...gruff, I guess. The image most people seem to have gotten is this constantly-serious 'Honour, honour, honour.' kind of guy - a

• Wow, Blackwall sounds way cooler than I imagined. Why didn't he get any trailer, pfft...

He's really...gruff, I guess. The image most people seem to have gotten is this constantly-serious 'Honour, honour, honour.' kind of guy - a

• I'm (probably) going to romance Solas on my first playthrough, and Cassandra on my second. They seen like the best fits for the characters I have planned.

• It is going to be hard to understand what is going on in the game...But i'm getting it for Christmas.

• You've got a month and a week then! You can at least get the gist of things with this much time! :)

It is going to be hard to understand what is going on in the game...But i'm getting it for Christmas.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.