Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Only less than 2 hours in, can't play due to terrible FPS rate and constant freezing. Judging from EA support forum, I ain't the only one with that problem, hell, even the users with PCs way above recommended have issues like mine. So, waiting for it to be fixed, not sure if I'll be able to play it in the meantime.

Ah, well...

about 15 hours in and I don't think I even touched a main mission yet xD.

• Sorry to hear that :(. I'm just gonna say the map is huge!

Lingvort posted: »

Only less than 2 hours in, can't play due to terrible FPS rate and constant freezing. Judging from EA support forum, I ain't the only one wi

• Yeah, my PC already "feels" the sheer size of the Hinterlands. But, I hear it's an issue of Frostbite engine. "Frostbite engine is so much better!".

"So much better" my ass...

Sorry to hear that . I'm just gonna say the map is huge!

• I find that weird. Usually PC's are the best when it comes to playing games.

Yeah, my PC already "feels" the sheer size of the Hinterlands. But, I hear it's an issue of Frostbite engine. "Frostbite engine is so much better!". "So much better" my ass...

• I guess it's simply poorly optimized as of now. It was the same for DA2, I hear, but they've quickly fixed it. Hoping they'd do that ASAP.

Though, I must say, even without all the "obstacles", the game is pretty awesome. Can't get used to "hit to attack" thing yet, Auto Combat's absence is clearly notable.

I find that weird. Usually PC's are the best when it comes to playing games.

• My only complaint really it the text is kind of small. Makes it harder to find loot.

I guess it's simply poorly optimized as of now. It was the same for DA2, I hear, but they've quickly fixed it. Hoping they'd do that ASAP.

• My inquisitor. I tried to make him look as much like me as possible (not counting the scars and tattoo)

Alt text

• edited November 2014

I'S HERE!

Alt text

• Still waiting here...

Alt text

• Just seen an old couple trying to buy Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition for their grandson and GAME didn't have any in stock.
    Me being the gentleman I am I told the couple they could have my Deluxe copy as I was out to get the Standard Edition anyway.
    They thanked me after as well. It's always nice to do nice things.

• Alt text

Just seen an old couple trying to buy Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition for their grandson and GAME didn't have any in stock. Me being

• You, sir, are an inspiration for us all.

Just seen an old couple trying to buy Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition for their grandson and GAME didn't have any in stock. Me being

• 20 something hours in I think. Really enjoying the game now that I got some issues rooted out.

Dorian is my favourite companion so far. He's awesome.

• A bit late, but still...

Followers series

• I have to say, I'm really digging this game. Everything about it just feels so good, the combat, the graphics, even the story has some great parts (I love the Cameo at the end of Redcliffe mission, won't tell you which one though, don't want to spoil that ;) )

What I do love the most is the respect Bioware have put into the mages outfits now, they no longer look just like the same robes, they're sleek, smooth and so well designed. Bioware have really redeemed the series after DA2.

• Here's my Qunari. :-)

Alt text

• Damn...

Pipas posted: »

Here's my Qunari. :-)

• edited November 2014

Strangely I don't have those issues, and I use an AMD card with all the graphics settings on ultra. If you do, too, they release beta drivers a few days ago that might help.

Also, you can unlock the capped 30fps in cutscenes if you want - just Google it.

Do you have any screens of your character? Here's mine.

Only less than 2 hours in, can't play due to terrible FPS rate and constant freezing. Judging from EA support forum, I ain't the only one wi

• He actually looks better than Iron Bull. Well done!

Here's my Qunari. :-)

• edited November 2014

I use NVIDIA card with latest drivers, and it lags and stutters even if I play with Low settings. They are apparently "working on it", but, aren't they always? Postponing the release of the game, only for it to have lags and optimization issues... It's bad enough that I have those issues, since I'm just above minimum requirements and far from recommended, but people with PCs almost twice as good as mine, and way above recommended have pretty much the same issues. Waiting for those issues to get fixed, otherwise, not much else to do. Might just as well leave it shelved until better times.

Yeah, I'm well aware. Doesn't work for me in the slightest, in some areas it even gets worse.

No, I don't, nor would I be currently able/willing to make/provide one, not with all these issues remaining at large. Your character is pretty, though.

As you can imagine, I'm quite pissed off right now.

Katalept posted: »

Strangely I don't have those issues, and I use an AMD card with all the graphics settings on ultra. If you do, too, they release beta driver

• man I'm still stuck in the Hinterlands. :P

• Apparently there's a beta hotfix for NVIDIA cards today, though I'm not sure that's of any help.

I guess you'll just have to be patient like other people, it seems.

Surely you have other things to do than play video games... right? :P

I use NVIDIA card with latest drivers, and it lags and stutters even if I play with Low settings. They are apparently "working on it", but,

• Oh, there is? It might help, but I won't hold my breath.

Yup, though it's still tolerable on lower settings. I might play on those in the meantime.

Yeah, of course I have other things to do, but I want to play DA just as well, so...

Katalept posted: »

Apparently there's a beta hotfix for NVIDIA cards today, though I'm not sure that's of any help. I guess you'll just have to be patient like other people, it seems. Surely you have other things to do than play video games... right? :P

• edited November 2014

Bioware is freaking awesome XD this dragon age romance scene is hilarious

NSFW(maybe? Lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8-5Fn_6XY

• Me too this game is weird. Why it take so long to level.

man I'm still stuck in the Hinterlands. :P

• BTW, you still haven't shown us your Inquisitor. :P

• edited November 2014

BTW, you still haven't shown us your Inquisitor. :P

Oops, double post. See what I'm doing? I need to see him/her!

• Whoa...

Gary-Oak posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWaKRZBW5o

• How do I post my character?

BTW, you still haven't shown us your Inquisitor. :P

• I bought it on PS4, is their a button for SS?

BTW, you still haven't shown us your Inquisitor. :P Oops, double post. See what I'm doing? I need to see him/her!

• I don't own PS4 or any console in general, soo... To be honest, no idea. :D But I think there should be something like that.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I bought it on PS4, is their a button for SS?

• You can take a screenshot with your share button and then upload it to a flashdrive then upload the picture to your computer then upload it to here!

...Now, after doing my duty i'm going to stay away from the thread till Christmas!

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I bought it on PS4, is their a button for SS?

• Theres a share button? O_o

You can take a screenshot with your share button and then upload it to a flashdrive then upload the picture to your computer then upload it to here! ...Now, after doing my duty i'm going to stay away from the thread till Christmas!

• On the PS4 controller, yes.

You can record and take pictures, it can automatically upload to Facebook but I rather just upload it to a flashdrive.

Theres a share button? O_o

• edited November 2014

Love it. GOTY.

Bioware is freaking awesome XD this dragon age romance scene is hilarious NSFW(maybe? Lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8-5Fn_6XY

• Just completed the quest 'Here Lies the Abyss...'

My god, the potential feels.

• That's my next main mission, but right now I'm just grinding doing side missions to get the power up :P

• edited November 2014

Prepare yourself. Well, maybe. Won't spoil it, but depending on what you imported from the past games...I think that quest has the most difficult choice in the entire series.

My sister actually had to stop playing the game for awhile afterwards, lol.

That's my next main mission, but right now I'm just grinding doing side missions to get the power up :P

• Wait could you test my theory, cause I made Allistair the king instead. But if he's still a warden does he take the place of Stroud in all those quests? If that's the case then.....OMG you have to choose between Hawke and Allistair!!! Your poor sister!

I had Stroud due to the fact Allistair was king, so I left him there, but man o man I wouldn't be able to pick if it was Alllistair and Hawke.

Prepare yourself. Well, maybe. Won't spoil it, but depending on what you imported from the past games...I think that quest has the most diff

Sign in to comment in this discussion.