After Playing this episode I can see why Telltale replaced Sam Witwer with troy baker for Rhys

When this game was first played at E3 everybody described Rhys as being a really unlikable character and since I didn't know at the time
what kind of character Rhys was suppose to be I thought that sounded ok

I thought Rhys was going to be a more serious character and that Sam Witwer voice would be a perfect fit for him but now that i have played the first episode i have to say telltale made the right call by going with troy baker

troy baker manages to make Rhys sound like Sarcastic jerk without making him into a completely unlikable character lol

Comments

• Troy Baker always sounds like smug bastard, loved him in Catherine.

• edited November 2014

Me too, Troy Baker nailed Rhys and perfectly acted all of his lines that fit what kind of character he's supposed to be. I also loved Troy in Catherine, Vince was kind of an a-hole as well so Troy is great at voicing those types of characters lol.

• Troy was epic as Booker from Bioshock: Infinite. He also did the Joker in Arkham Origins. That guy has talent.

• edited November 2014

I think Troy Baker brings a lot of life to the character. Rhys has easily become one of my favorites in the game so far. I love that he tries to smart talk his way out of anything, but is just his wuss when it comes to fighting, and yet beneath all that plotting and jerky personality, there really feels like there's a good person in there, just like there is with Fiona and her sis...I don't know about Vaughn though, I got my eye on you mister money man -.-.

But yesh yesh, Troy really does an impressive job with the role [heck with every role he's given] and is just the perfect voice for Rhys. So long as he never shouts 'SERAAAH!' I'm good.

• Catherine. Thats why his voice sounded familiar to me.

Troy Baker always sounds like smug bastard, loved him in Catherine.

• That's pretty much the only reason why I recognized him, and he played a voice in Saints Row 3 too, so that helped too.

KCohere posted: »

Catherine. Thats why his voice sounded familiar to me.

• I also played Bioshock Infinite so I think that might by it too. I like his voice. It matches that smarmy half grin on Rhy's face, lol

That's pretty much the only reason why I recognized him, and he played a voice in Saints Row 3 too, so that helped too.

• I think if you put Troy Baker's voice on anyone it just works.

KCohere posted: »

I also played Bioshock Infinite so I think that might by it too. I like his voice. It matches that smarmy half grin on Rhy's face, lol

• I like Sam, but I think you are right.

I wasn't at E3, so I can't compare the voices, but the way Troy voices Rhys, you can feel that beneath his jerkish and sarcastic attitude, he has a heart and is capable of goodness.

• Sam Witwer more than likely would have done the character quite well, as he has experience in both videogames and light-dramatic television programs.

However, the deck was stacked against him. Laura Bailey being in the game, Troy Baker wasn't far to follow, as they both tend to be in the same games.

• I LOVE Catherine it BEST GAME well not rly
    ALL HAIL ATLUS, Deep Silver

Troy Baker always sounds like smug bastard, loved him in Catherine.

• So we can put the conspiracy theory to rest that Chris Hardwick got Sam Witwer fired because Witwer is the new boyfriend of Hardwick's ex? Bummer...

• Troy was epic as Booker from Bioshock: Infinite. He also did the Joker in Arkham Origins. That guy has talent.

• This is true - I'm using a female skin in Shadow of Mordor, but she still uses Troy Baker's voice. It still just fits somehow. XD

I think if you put Troy Baker's voice on anyone it just works.

• edited January 2015

man troy thats a great mark hamill joker impression.

joshua007 posted: »

He is AWESOME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XK-0AB2jc

• edited January 2015

And that's 'Fiona' and 'Rhys' in 'Infamous Second Son'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgBptFsRaFw&spfreload=10

• ohhh mannnn i KNEW there was a reason i liked this Troy guy! I always fall for bad guys!
    he has really sarcastic voice.. which i find super hot!

joshua007 posted: »

He is AWESOME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XK-0AB2jc

• WHAAAT I wanted Delsin and Fetch to get together but they didn't in my playthrough, I just assumed it couldn't happen. I totally forgot that was Laura Bailey, her accent as Fetch was a little different than what she usually does. She was HILARIOUS in Saints Row, I'm so glad she was cast as Fiona.

darlingno posted: »

And that's 'Fiona' and 'Rhys' in 'Infamous Second Son' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgBptFsRaFw&spfreload=10

Sign in to comment in this discussion.