Hows this game doing?

Hey guys, hows it going?! I havent been on in months and i was kind of half excited about this game (i knew it was coming out and was excited but im busy with school and stuff) so after it came out i made the decision to wait before buying it and watch a youtube lets play and have my friends tell me how it was... Its been a few days since the release now and i asked my friend and he didnt even know it was out. I looked on my youtube feed (i follow a lot of gamers) and theres been nothing.

I was kind of curious how the game is doing so i went on steam charts and its not on there, im kind of just wondering why has this game not been talked about a ton (i know theres reviews but i kind of expected more talk about the game) is it because of sales? Or am i just wrong in general?

Comments

• The release was pretty sudden, so it didn't get a whole lot of buzz. I can assure you, however, not to worry because the game is fantastic! Very different from Telltale's most recent work, but a great contribution to the Borderlands series that (in my opinion) manages to surpass the source material in its humor.

I've been trying to encourage people to give the game a try by word of mouth, and I'm sure it'll get to YouTube eventually. It certainly deserves to sell well and I hope more people get ton enjoy it. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

• Yeah i guess so, thanks!

NiC0_16 posted: »

The release was pretty sudden, so it didn't get a whole lot of buzz. I can assure you, however, not to worry because the game is fantastic!

• edited December 2014

Well if you are searching for a good lets play, there is SwingPoynt who have finish the game. I give you a link : Singpoynt

• It's an 85/100 from critics and a user score of 8.5 on Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tales-from-the-borderlands-episode-one---zer0-sum), also it's rated as "overwhelmingly positive" on Steam, 95% of people who played it recommend it. So yeah, it's fantastic.

• I've definitely got the impression that while it may not currently be reaching a super large audience (just due to it being more of a niche franchise), for those that do play it they seem to fall in love with it instantaneously. Critics, Telltale fans, Borderland's fans - the general consensus seems to be a sense of genuine joy and surprise at just how enjoyable it is.

It's been really interesting to see the hardcore FPS gamers who got into Borderlands solely for the "loot 'n shoot" aspects take a chance on it and come out as some of its biggest supporters. Whenever someone posts a "Is Tales Worth It" thread on Reddit people come out in droves talking it up!

I definitely think word of mouth will be the game's biggest boon.

• Still feels werid, even though it is a little niche i expected it to do just as well as all other other recent telltale games. I cant even find it on Steam's top sellers.

Maybe it was just an awkward launch

I've definitely got the impression that while it may not currently be reaching a super large audience (just due to it being more of a niche

• edited December 2014

Yeah it didn't got too much hype and not too much youtubers are playing it, but the game is awesome, one of TTs best works to date imo, if you want a good let's play i'd also recomend you SwingPoynt like JMOREL

Sign in to comment in this discussion.