Could Sasha Be A Siren?

This is probably just a wild guess, but for some reason I'm getting the feeling that we'll be seeing a new Siren in this game. According to the lore, only six Sirens can exist at any given time, and so far we've seen four Sirens, two of which (Maya and Lillith) remain alive at this point. The process through which these women attain their powers is unknown, although it seems tied to Eridium. These mystical women are important to the lore and it's highly likely that one or several of them will figure into the plot somehow.

Which leads me to this question:

What if we see one of the female characters become a Siren? Fiona's definitely not becoming one (that'd make her ridiculously badass for a Telltale protagonist), but I can imagine there being some drama if her younger sister became a Siren. At this point there's no real evidence about Sasha being anything special, but this might mean that Telltale is being secretive.

There's that moment where she stalls the vault key exchange by suddenly claiming that she 'has a bad feeling' - we know that she's putting on a show for Fiona's sake, but what if she really does have that kind of intuition? And I think her revealing character design would allow for a Siren's blue tattoos to be clearly visible.

You can laugh at this ridiculous theory all you want, but in any case I'd like to know what you guys think about how a Siren might play into the story.

Comments

• Maybe, but that would be really a crazy coincidence, because like Jack say in borderlands 2, only six Siren can exist in the same time in all the univers.

• I could see it being a Determinate...which would be fucking awesome.

• That's extremely unlikely. Angel and Lilith were both sirens since they were kids (probably since birth), which leads me to believe that sirens are born and do not just become sirens at some point in their life. But you know, that's not really ever 100% confirmed, so it could technically happen. I would just be REALLY surprised if it did.

• edited December 2014

I'm not too familiar with the lore, so I can't really add more than what I've said already.

Even so, I'm willing to bet a new Siren will be introduced in Tales from the Borderlands. If not Sasha, it'll be someone other than the Vault-Hunter Sirens. The 'only 6 sirens at any given time', to me, means that we'll likely see more of them in future Borderlands games - it's not like they can just fade into the background.

That's extremely unlikely. Angel and Lilith were both sirens since they were kids (probably since birth), which leads me to believe that sir

• I personally can't see Gearbox being too keen on that - if only because of the whole "only 6 Siren's in the entire universe thing - it wouldn't give them much wiggle room for future games, especially considering Tales is canonical. I could see them maybe introducing a siren (but very likely not, I think they're focusing on other things for this season), but not as a determinate, it would have to be concrete.

Alternatively they could do a back-track and revoke the 6 Siren claim - it wouldn't be the first time Jack's lied to us...

I could see it being a Determinate...which would be fucking awesome.

• Why should I believe anything you say, Jack? :P

I am curious about whether the Gortys Project is something that'll have ramifications for future games. So far people have been speculating about Jack wanting to use Rhys as his successor, but TBH I doubt Jack will return in future games nor will he even be the main villain of TftB. It's a bit too predictable at this stage.

Episode 2's probably going to introduce a lot of new stuff and provide more theory fuel.

I personally can't see Gearbox being too keen on that - if only because of the whole "only 6 Siren's in the entire universe thing - it would

• Oh that's completely possible, but this new siren would have to be a completely new character. I still think it's more likely that we'll get to see one of two sirens who are still alive, because they were major characters in the previous games.

Bokor posted: »

I'm not too familiar with the lore, so I can't really add more than what I've said already. Even so, I'm willing to bet a new Siren will

• Ahaha, I didn't even realise how meta that comment was..

It will definitely be very interesting to see how Tales pans out and it's ramifications for future games. The universe and lore really is so expansive, there are so many different directions they could take us - bring on episode 2!

Why should I believe anything you say, Jack? :P I am curious about whether the Gortys Project is something that'll have ramifications fo

• I'm not actually sure if we'll see other Vault Hunters, or if Zer0's appearance was a cameo in the same way Glenn's was. I have a feeling that the cast of original characters for this game won't appear in Borderlands 3 - Fiona & Rhys' fates might be determinant by the end of this season.

But I think the Gortys Project, whatever it really is, is more than just a vault key or something tied to resurrecting Jack.

Oh that's completely possible, but this new siren would have to be a completely new character. I still think it's more likely that we'll get to see one of two sirens who are still alive, because they were major characters in the previous games.

• We may be introduced to a new Siren, but i don't think Sasha will be one.

• I don't know, we've seen Sasha and she likes to show some skin on her outfit. Usually the Sirens have these beautiful tattoos all over their body (which we've seen none of on Sasha) and when their powers activate the tattoos start glowing with some magical wings on their backs.

• Her revealing outfit having room for tattoos is really one of the few things we have to go on that could support her being a Siren - but then again it might just be for sex appeal. Janey Springs dresses the same way and she's not a Siren.

DoubleJump posted: »

I don't know, we've seen Sasha and she likes to show some skin on her outfit. Usually the Sirens have these beautiful tattoos all over their

• If she was a siren we'd see her tats

Her revealing outfit having room for tattoos is really one of the few things we have to go on that could support her being a Siren - but then again it might just be for sex appeal. Janey Springs dresses the same way and she's not a Siren.

• Hence why my theory is that Sasha will become a Siren, or at least those powers could appear later on.

It's a real stretch, I know.

zeke10 posted: »

If she was a siren we'd see her tats

• We don't know how one becomes a Siren in the first place.

I'd wager that the Eridian from TPS (Watcher) has something to do with it though.

I bet Watcher picks a new woman when another one dies.

• Your born a siren

Hence why my theory is that Sasha will become a Siren, or at least those powers could appear later on. It's a real stretch, I know.

• Sirens can also gain their powers later in life, but then again we're not too sure.

That's extremely unlikely. Angel and Lilith were both sirens since they were kids (probably since birth), which leads me to believe that sir

• Yeah, the point is that we might see a woman gain a Siren's abilities or have that potential be unlocked. And it might be an interesting twist if Fiona's little sister/Rhys' potential girlfriend was to be that new Siren. I can certainly imagine the tattoos on her body.

Or this might just be a random guess that will never be followed up on. Oh well.

• edited December 2014

i remember one of the echo logs in fyrestone has jack says something about angel born a siren. im pretty sure its impossible to become a siren, its probbley something like this. there is 6 sirens in universe, angel dies, another srien was born

• I imagine Gearbox will want to keep any remaining adult Sirens for playable characters in a future game. However, with both Angel and Commandant Steele having recently died, it's possible that a new toddler or infant siren could show up. Still seems unlikely given their extreme rarity. It's a big galaxy, after all.

• edited December 2014

I don't know it would be almost too convenient, but it'd certainly be a sick plot line.

• It would be certainly interesting...I would like it. :P

• Highly doubt it but it's an interesting fan prediction...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.