Is the game worth buying if I dislike Borderlands universe

I was never a fan of the Borderlands universe and disliked most of the characters, story and writing. Is this game still worth buying? I really enjoyed Telltales other games such as Walking dead, wolf among us and some of their less known games but I'm not sure about this one.

Comments

• If you enjoyed Telltales other games you'll most certainly enjoy this.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

I've seen a few people who've said they don't like the Borderlands universe who loved this game. So I say give it a risk.

• I really dont like Borderlands but I liked this alot

• i'm not a fan either, but i like it.

• It doesn't have the same shitty writers that the original Borderlands games had. I agree with you; the characters felt like stale jokes, there were way too many shitty pop culture references, and the story was pretty rushed and unexciting.

That isn't the case with TFTB. Really well done.

• I don't think the story is a primary factor when you're making a first-person-shooter about loot collecting. Telltale Games on the other hand are literally interactive narratives, they need to have better storytelling.

Plus I always thought people loved Borderlands 2's story? I know I did. Granted, it has been a long time since I played it but I do recall really liking it now.

Piggs posted: »

It doesn't have the same shitty writers that the original Borderlands games had. I agree with you; the characters felt like stale jokes, the

• I love Borderlands and think it's one of the richest settings in video games.

So I don't know but I think this nicely shows off the world's appeal.

• That's the best thing about Telltale. Even if you're unfamiliar or if you dislike the franchise, you can still enjoy the game.

• What? the characters were great

It doesn't have the same shitty writers that the original Borderlands games had. I agree with you; the characters felt like stale jokes, the

• My opinion is different than yours. Sorry.

zeke10 posted: »

What? the characters were great

• i guess

My opinion is different than yours. Sorry.

• This game proves that Anthony Burch should not be anywhere near a writing position.

• There are tons and tons of pop culture references in Tales too. I never understood why people treat it like the worst thing in the world anyway.

• I've seen a lot of people complain about Anthony Burch here lately. What's your problem? Just because Borderlands 2 had a lot of pop culture references in it doesn't mean he's a bad writer. I'm pretty sure that game wouldn't have been as good if it hadn't been for the dialogue that Burch wrote, I personally found the game a lot more enjoyable than I thought I would. The story wasn't bad either, it was just delivered in the wrong way and it was overshadowed by the gameplay.

CaveRave posted: »

This game proves that Anthony Burch should not be anywhere near a writing position.

• I agree, I actually enjoy his writing. And his kind of humor fits the games perfectly.

I've seen a lot of people complain about Anthony Burch here lately. What's your problem? Just because Borderlands 2 had a lot of pop culture

• Memelands, some folks don't care for that....AT ALL.

I've seen a lot of people complain about Anthony Burch here lately. What's your problem? Just because Borderlands 2 had a lot of pop culture

• Your opinion doesn't have to say shitty. You're just trying to be obnoxious at that point. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

My opinion is different than yours. Sorry.

• "Some people are idiots."

• Tannis
    J-Master posted: »

Memelands, some folks don't care for that....AT ALL.

• Well you can watch a bit of it on youtube to see for yourself. That's what I did with both Tales and Game of Thrones since I knew nothing about either of them. I ended up buying both.

• I prefer 'passionate'.

Magooser33 posted: »

Your opinion doesn't have to say shitty. You're just trying to be obnoxious at that point. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

• I loved it and I never played borderlands for some reason, but it was so good the episode is long so it does not have to be played in one session like the wolf among us

• I would suggest at least trying it out, the writing is hilarious and pokes a lot of fun at itself which I really enjoyed.

• It is worth it. I never warmed to the Borderlands universe in the other games... But TellTale really pulled it off here. I loved the episode. You should get it. Worth every penny.

• Hmmm,for me the game is awesome. But i have liked Borderlands 1 & 2 .
    The + for you:

-Humour.
    -The badass sequences.
    -The reference of movies(like the boston saints) & games(like Mortal Kombat).
    -The 2versions of the story.

The - for you:

-the references to the Borderlands universe.
    -Most sequences in Borderlands style.
    -The beggining of the story who follow the Borderlands 2 ending.

But for 5 dollars try it. It's sooooooooo funnnnnnnn.

• I dont like the Borderland games, but this is awesome.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.