Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• I'm done, my Chantix is making me crazy.

Wow George calm down, It probably isn't as bad as you're claiming.

• It's okay, I understand your anger towards this issue but it's a little too much.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I'm done, my Chantix is making me crazy.

• I'm alright just a little angry, i got through every single side quest, ready to enjoy the main storyline and it doesn't work. Have you got to the hawk mission that I'm referring about, did you have the same issue on Xbox, i know of at least 20 people on the PS4 that have this issue.

I agree that they need to put in more time into the games development, when they release it too fast we get issues like this. I personally t

• I would really like to play as Hawke again. I have replayed DA:2 so many times.

My Hawke is now dead, so I don't really expect to play as them again - if we're going to stay as one protagonist it'll probably be the Inquisitor. They're the only one who can't die at any point.

So, with everything that happened, meeting Justinia again and seeing what really happened, does Andraste and the Maker have anything to do with what happened? Or was it all really blind luck? I at first was hesitant to admit I was the Herald, but then after going to Skyhold and rallying my people, I felt like perhaps what happened was a divine intervention. Is the world of Dragon Age really a godless universe?

Not necessarily godless, but it's always been much more ambiguous about its gods than, say, The Elder Scrolls. There's some evidence towards the Maker now, and still a lot of evidence against it.

I agree with your thoughts on having one certain character go through the events of the entire Dragon Age Trilogy. Having the Warden go thro

• It just seems like everything i make with high quality materials ends up "grey value" . I have a two handed sword that i got through questing, and i think the base dps is 340 ish, and i 've never been able to craft anything close to that. I think the closest i got was 300.

It's not at all worthless, with the right materials you can make stuff that's much more tailored to your own personal build than the stuff you just pick up.

• I should of got it on PC, but being a idiot i was thought i would give console one more chance.

This bug has verified by at least 20 other PS4 users so , it is what it is.

I'm going through two playthroughs now without any major problems. I think people are overdramatizing it a bit...

• When the game story will not progress, there is no point in playing a Story RPG. I'm done with this game, i wiped my hands of it. I don't care anymore.

I still haven't got it yet and I'm trying my best to stay away from spoilers. George seems to be most upset at the missing dialogue probl

• I'm going to play it, if it gets to a point where I can't play then I'll wait for the issue to be resolved then play afterwards. I give you good luck on whatever game you head towards next.

When the game story will not progress, there is no point in playing a Story RPG. I'm done with this game, i wiped my hands of it. I don't care anymore.

• edited December 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition won Game of the Year category at The Game Awards 2014! (As well as the best RPG, ofc) Congratulations, Bioware!

Alt text

Here's the nomination video:

GOTY

• Eventually you can masterwork your stuff, provided you get the higher-tier schematics.

You can also make some sexy fucking stuff. Much more than pickups. I mean, look at these boots I made. Hella stylish tbh.

Alt text

It just seems like everything i make with high quality materials ends up "grey value" . I have a two handed sword that i got through questin

• edited December 2014

How awesome would it be if they actually wrote a Hard in Hightown book? XD This is too wonderful.

Pipas posted: »

Dragon Age: Inquisition won Game of the Year category at The Game Awards 2014! (As well as the best RPG, ofc) Congratulations, Bioware! Here's the nomination video: GOTY

• Yep it was the Hawke mission that I began having that issue on. They will address bug fixes soon I hope. Just give it some time, play other games and come back. I know its hard if you want to experience the story more, but it'll be worth it. I had to wait two weeks before I could play it because I had to buy a new Xbox 360 before I could play it.

I'm alright just a little angry, i got through every single side quest, ready to enjoy the main storyline and it doesn't work. Have you got

• Is it just me or is their a slight variation in the voices for each race? I know there's only two voice actors for both British and american, but I notice the human British voice has a slightly deeper tone than the elven British voice. Or am I just imagining this?

• I have yet to experience a single bug playing the Xbox one version.

• I guess it is a PS4 bug, I'm not excited to experience when I get DA:I.

I have yet to experience a single bug playing the Xbox one version.

• edited December 2014

No one yet. Due to my dissatisfaction with my character's looks, I'm likely to restart that whole playthrough... again. So, as a Human mage (which I'm planning to restart due... I already told you why), I planned on romancing Cassandra, but, although I'm on her good side, yet, I only manage to piss her off with my pro-Mage attitude.

As for the Qunari playthrough, I actually plan on romancing Josephine, despite my earlier claims that I wouldn't romance anyone as the Qunari. Will see how this turns out.

P.S: So, yeah, as you can guess, none of my romances have even... well, started properly. I'm not even talking about reaching a conclusion of any sort.

Katalept posted: »

I'll be sure to post more developments if Sera and my Inky (now known as Buckles, or perhaps Shiny) use the "epic" Orlesian bed I purchased. What character did you romance, anyway?

• edited December 2014

It is. I'm playing on PC, however, but I can tell that bugs, freezes, lags, stuttering and low FPS on PCs with rigs WAY better than recommended is a thing one should await cautiously. Even if you're going to play on console, bugs are still a thing, just look at George's examples here, not to mention countless threads on EA Support forums. If they don't happen, thank whatever you believe in.

If they do, welcome to the crew, lad. We're here waitin' for the patch to come.

• I would've celebrated it with some drink and a round of playing the game, had it not have so many technical issues.

So, cheers, I guess.

Pipas posted: »

Dragon Age: Inquisition won Game of the Year category at The Game Awards 2014! (As well as the best RPG, ofc) Congratulations, Bioware! Here's the nomination video: GOTY

• There are slight tone differences to differentiate their voices a bit, I think. After all, elves aren't supposed to have deep (well, very deep, anyway) voices.

Is it just me or is their a slight variation in the voices for each race? I know there's only two voice actors for both British and american

• Man I still got a long way to go. I still got to kill the storm coast dragon, finish exploring the exalted plains, the emerald graves, and emprise de. And I still haven't finished the hawke/wardens quest or the save the empress.

• I have a playlist on my phone of all the Tavern songs, cause yeah, Tavern Songs are freaking beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKh4N1FzA6I

• ok so i have tried countless times to get into the first dragon age game but i just can't do it so far i love the story and the setting but i just don't like the combat idk why i just can't get into it and after hearing so many good things about DAI i was wondering if is it necessary to play the previous games to understand it fully? or should i at least play 2? i know with mass effect while playing the previous games made the experience a whole lot better it wasn't 100% needed it was possible to start at 2 and be perfectly fine with understanding it and also is the combat the same as the first game? if so then i might have to keep trying to get into it

• The combat for 2 is a little more fast paced, but the story is pretty crappy, but it does have ties to Inquisition so I would recommend playing it. Origins is an imperative playthrough for me though, I still play it to this day, just because of the story and the choices, yeah the combat is slow and clunky, but I try to look past it to find the enjoyable story well worth the strain.

Jewfreeus posted: »

ok so i have tried countless times to get into the first dragon age game but i just can't do it so far i love the story and the setting but

• yea i have heard some bad things about 2 i'll probably keep trying to play origins but if worst comes to worst basically just if i want to fully understand Inquisition i should play 2 ok thanks :) actually how is the combat for inquisition is it fasted paced like 2? or is it something different all together?

The combat for 2 is a little more fast paced, but the story is pretty crappy, but it does have ties to Inquisition so I would recommend play

• From what I've learned about Cassandra, it seems that she's very conflicted about whether or not to replace Justinia and make the Circle better, or stick with the Seekers, though considering her past with the Seekers, she would best represent a deep understanding of what mages go through without being one herself. In my playthrough, I told her to let the Seekers go, to which she approved, so maybe try to see things from the Templar point of view without the draconian policies when talking to her.

Also, she doesn't like atheism as her belief in the Maker guides her life and decision making, so try to avoid being forward witht that, too.

On the other hand, if you do a specific line of quests with her, she ends up greatly approving of your help, so there's probably still room to recover the friendship.

Lingvort posted: »

No one yet. Due to my dissatisfaction with my character's looks, I'm likely to restart that whole playthrough... again. So, as a Human mage

• Also, she doesn't like atheism as her belief in the Maker guides her life and decision making, so try to avoid being forward witht that, too.

Yeah, I know. Had to say I believe in Maker, too, just to get her approval. I might say "I don't know what I believe" next time, since she doesn't disapprove of that... much.

I'll keep those things in mind when approaching her next time, so thanks for the help.

Katalept posted: »

From what I've learned about Cassandra, it seems that she's very conflicted about whether or not to replace Justinia and make the Circle bet

• It's a combination of the strategy of Origins and the fast paced combat of 2. It's probably the best combat they've implemented.

yea i have heard some bad things about 2 i'll probably keep trying to play origins but if worst comes to worst basically just if i want to f

• edited December 2014

Whoever voices the tavern singer in sky hold is awesome. Her voice is beautiful :)

I have a playlist on my phone of all the Tavern songs, cause yeah, Tavern Songs are freaking beautiful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKh4N1FzA6I

• After all, elves aren't supposed to have deep (well, very deep, anyway) voices

Unless your name is Fenris, that is.

Lingvort posted: »

There are slight tone differences to differentiate their voices a bit, I think. After all, elves aren't supposed to have deep (well, very deep, anyway) voices.

• What system are you playing Origins on?

The combat is leagues better on PC, and there are mods to improve it.

ok so i have tried countless times to get into the first dragon age game but i just can't do it so far i love the story and the setting but

• It's a side effect of having those lyrium marks. I'm pretty sure that without them he sounds just like a 10 year old.

After all, elves aren't supposed to have deep (well, very deep, anyway) voices Unless your name is Fenris, that is.

• I tried playing Evil Undead or whatever but got lost and bored playing it. Oh well. I moved on.

I'm going to play it, if it gets to a point where I can't play then I'll wait for the issue to be resolved then play afterwards. I give you good luck on whatever game you head towards next.

• yeah I'm OK Now. Like i said my Chantex was making me a little crazy. Trying to quit smoking is hard.

Yep it was the Hawke mission that I began having that issue on. They will address bug fixes soon I hope. Just give it some time, play other

• Fenris imo was the worst character in Dragon Age, he was such a emo elf.

After all, elves aren't supposed to have deep (well, very deep, anyway) voices Unless your name is Fenris, that is.

• Well one thing i would do is try to stay = level with your main quest or else it gets too easy. Once you get towards the end, and you get some gear, your main character is unstoppable, and Blackwell is the best tank in the game, so your golden.

Man I still got a long way to go. I still got to kill the storm coast dragon, finish exploring the exalted plains, the emerald graves, and emprise de. And I still haven't finished the hawke/wardens quest or the save the empress.

• What is the highest value schematics, T3 right?

Also i don't know if I'm stupid, but how do you craft a rune. I went to the undercroft and looked for the "runecrafting" device, I did this really annoying quest where you have to assemble the key in the desert, where the grand reward was a Rune. I was a little underwhelmed and pissed off, i was expecting a epic two hander or something, something good.

Eventually you can masterwork your stuff, provided you get the higher-tier schematics. You can also make some sexy fucking stuff. Much more than pickups. I mean, look at these boots I made. Hella stylish tbh.

• D: Fenris was my favorite Love Interest... but he was a little broody and whiny. He was still a better option than Anders IMO. Besides, when Fenris wasn't brooding, he was dancing...

Alt text

Fenris imo was the worst character in Dragon Age, he was such a emo elf.

• You're okay George, I know it must be hard. :<

yeah I'm OK Now. Like i said my Chantex was making me a little crazy. Trying to quit smoking is hard.

• MoS

Here is MoS Song for DA:I...I posted his DA2 song on here a while back. I can't wait to play this game.

• Did the game fix itself past that cut scene or is it unplayable, because i would like to finish this game. I'm thinking about playing the TWDG again to play "Jerk Lee!" Lee was a great man. Remember when he tells Larry to eat up, mark's leg. What the heck lee.

You're okay George, I know it must be hard. :<

Sign in to comment in this discussion.