Will every episode be the same time length?

TFBL Episode 1 definitely feels like the longest thing Telltale has made yet. But since we control 2 characters its with good reason. I don't think we could fit in character development for most characters with the constraint of Telltale's time limit which is about 90 minutes. I would rather wait longer so the episode could be longer. God forbid another rused mistake (S2 TWD)

Comments

• Hopefully that is the case with this and Game of Thrones, but it is too early to tell

• I hope so. Episode 1 was good fun. It really felt like it was worth it.

• We can just hope that they never turn back to the 90 minutes episodes.

Alt text

• Rosemary wanted that...Never understood why.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

We can just hope that they never turn back to the 90 minutes episodes.

• edited December 2014

The first Episode of TWAU had about the same lenght too, and the other episodes still had 90 minutes. I hope this time it will be different, because the longer the better!

• The final episode just had 60 minutes...

Grafite posted: »

The first Episode of TWAU had about the same lenght too, and the other episodes still had 90 minutes. I hope this time it will be different, because the longer the better!

• Yeah, that one was the worst. I was surprised when it ended and it felt really short, probably because it was the one that took less time to make. I think I'd rather wait a bit longer and have bigger episodes, because you only wait once, but you can replay the episodes as many times as you want.

The final episode just had 60 minutes...

• edited December 2014

It may have been 60 minutes but the episode was so good that I didn't even care about the length.

The final episode just had 60 minutes...

• I just checked the achievements earlier for this game. Each episode has six chapters plus two character stories, so we're getting the whole two hour package again which is a relief.

• You're amazing! Lets hope this is the case

I just checked the achievements earlier for this game. Each episode has six chapters plus two character stories, so we're getting the whole two hour package again which is a relief.

• We don't need hope. Just think... it would be very impossible to have a 90 minute episode with two character stories plus clickable things. In order to fit everything in the episode will need to be at least 1 hr 58 minutes extra time for exploring.

Clemenem posted: »

You're amazing! Lets hope this is the case

• HUBs and puzzles are going to play a big part in this I'm sure

We don't need hope. Just think... it would be very impossible to have a 90 minute episode with two character stories plus clickable things. In order to fit everything in the episode will need to be at least 1 hr 58 minutes extra time for exploring.

• true

HUBs and puzzles are going to play a big part in this I'm sure

• Honestly I couldn't care less if they go back to 90 minutes, as long as the stories stays good.

• Well they NEED too. One of Fiona's mechanics is collecting money, and that seems like it's going to be important later on in the story. And what sense would it make for them to hand it you in dialouge and bassicly baby feed you it? the mechanic serves no purpose.

Plus Rhys ability too...

HUBs and puzzles are going to play a big part in this I'm sure

• I hope so. The length of episode 1 gave enough time to connect with the characters and enough time for a lot of exciting action. It feels so satisfying.

Maybe the other episodes won't be the exact same length as episode 1, but as long as the other episodes are near the same length, I would be more then happy.

Or they could surprise us all by making the other episodes even longer!

• Honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up. If they go back to 90 minute episodes then I don't mind (but it would definitely blow up on the forums). Just keep your expectations low for the length, and you will probably not be disappointed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.